Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

PurpleXVI posted:

And the Technocracy books were just pure comedy, really. On the one hand they tried to present Technocrats as playable and potentially heroic, on the other hand, they had stuff like "when you're above this rank in a particular Technocrat group, they replace your brain with a computer and you stop being a PC, also a demon in charge of a mechanical planet is their boss" and "this particular faction of the Technocrats have canonically thrown in their lot with Cthulhu. lol"

I kinda legit want to read these books now because this sounds hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So wait, how the gently caress are Bhaal and Myrkul back? How are there two gods of the dead? I never questioned it before but this makes absolutely no sense in any way possible.

Edit: Wait, Mask is back too?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So the Teratic Tome monsters are like inevitables, but shittier? I really love the abstract mortality plays.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm still really mad that I kick-started paranoia, only for it to end up two years late and terrible to boot. There's a few things worth salvaging, i guess?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

PurpleXVI posted:

SenZar?

So, bad news, the review is probably permanently canned. I got tired of transcribing and scanning everything with my shoddy old scanner, so I sent my SenZar book to get OCR'd and PDF'd so the review would be easier and so the book wouldn't fall apart on me before I was done(because the binding was already coming off in the back).

And somehow the loving postal service managed to damage or destroy a book in a cardboard box which was, within that box, wrapped in three layers of bubble wrap. I say damage OR destroy because they've merely gone "whoop we broke it, here have some money and please don't ask any more questions." But now I'm pressing them for answers on HOW damaged it is, whether I can possibly still continue with the review with what's there, even if it might not be scannable any longer.

So, uh, if anyone else has a copy or can get one, feel free to continue, take over or restart the review. Because I think I literally got my hands on the last SenZar book for sale in all of Europe.

If you're interested in continuing I might be able to help you out

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I really want to buy some copies of myriad song now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Bieeanshee posted:

Jesus Christ. I've had harsh words for TORG's metaplot before, but they really pulled the high-test stupid out for the ending, didn't they?

If I actually managed to sit through that first gospog fight, I certainly would have said 'gently caress this' and gone to play my host's Super Nintendo when they got back up again.

That's not even the worst thing I've seen for an adventure to.be honest.

Credit to dark sun, where the PCs get to watch the characters from the dark sun novels kill the main villain while they do nothing