Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was thinking about streaming Dragon's Doge but I probably won't tonight. Well, that's my thoughts on streaming everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm live with an SL1 run. For a little bit at least.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I was thinking about streaming Dragon's Doge but I probably won't tonight. Well, that's my thoughts on streaming everyone.

Doge and Dogma sound nothing alike.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my new s video splitter got here today so i can go back to streaming weird old crap whenever i want

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Died on Quelaag and then realized I didn't actually rest at the sewers bonfire QQ.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

In Training posted:

Died on Quelaag and then realized I didn't actually rest at the sewers bonfire QQ.

is htere an actual reason for designing the light/rest as separate functions other than making the work easy for the devs?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

crunk dork posted:

is htere an actual reason for designing the light/rest as separate functions other than making the work easy for the devs?

Resting respawns enemies and heals you.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

OxMan posted:

Resting respawns enemies and heals you.

hes asking if there was any reason for making the action of lighting the bonfire a separate one from using it. I imagine he comes at it from a mechanics standpoint in that, if the bonfire were already lit, it would make no difference gameplay wise though I can't remember if you can warp to lit bonfires if you haven't rested in them.
my best guess is it was for "lore reasons", since the world is dying and fire is life etc

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't you teleport to the last lit bonfire in DS2 when you die. Pretty sure it's because From Software was just shittier back in the DS1 days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lighting a bonfire doesn't reset enemies , but I think you can warp to lit bonfires you haven't rested at. Not too sure

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

ArfJason posted:

hes asking if there was any reason for making the action of lighting the bonfire a separate one from using it. I imagine he comes at it from a mechanics standpoint in that, if the bonfire were already lit, it would make no difference gameplay wise though I can't remember if you can warp to lit bonfires if you haven't rested in them.
my best guess is it was for "lore reasons", since the world is dying and fire is life etc

ya u got it i cant ever remember wanting to light but not rest at a bonfire and was just wondering if there was a reason. most of the time its been "thank god i can loving heal and restore estus flasks"

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

crunk dork posted:

ya u got it i cant ever remember wanting to light but not rest at a bonfire and was just wondering if there was a reason. most of the time its been "thank god i can loving heal and restore estus flasks"

Dark Souls is pretty easy dude...you shouldn't need to heal that often.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
o_O *slowly backs away from u while sippin estus*

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think I'll just take a little sippy..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/in_training The SL1 run continues in earnest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quelaag's down.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

im playing WWF royal rumble rn http://www.twitch.tv/lnrp

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

http://hitbox.tv/youraveragejoe

euro truck sim 2

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

they have 3 similar letters

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
playing some amplitude http://www.twitch.tv/g0m_twitch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

:rowdytrout:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
i'm going to drink and stream myself trying to beat 4 kings for the next 10 hours. (ten hours)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
this is my twitch plays stream
https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaystheclassics/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to stream playing SMB3 small mario only for a while and then go to Super Mario Maker probably. No mic though, sorry, since I'm watching a stream at the same time lol. twitch.tv/wormskull

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I'm going to stream playing SMB3 small mario only for a while and then go to Super Mario Maker probably. No mic though, sorry, since I'm watching a stream at the same time lol. twitch.tv/wormskull

cant even beat the fuirst level

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

congrats on getting a game over on level 2 of mario3 wormskull

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't played this in like 15 years and the physics and stuff is all way different from Mario Maker. :weedass:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I haven't played this in like 15 years and the physics and stuff is all way different from Mario Maker. :weedass:

it was funny at agdq when they explained you wont see mario 3 levels in mario maker cuz they run real mario 3

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

it was funny at agdq when they explained you wont see mario 3 levels in mario maker cuz they run real mario 3

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mario has way more momentum and stuff in this and I been playing so much Mario Maker it's throwing me off, I'm basically a child again. So give me a break.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't beat the sun level in World 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

last year i played through mario 3 for the first time in years and beat every level of the game in one sitting