Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Kashuno posted:

you probably shouldn't refer to your partner as "the guy who does bitch work"

Ha, he's a big boy, he can deal. Plus we are family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ah, so it's nepotism.

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ah, so it's nepotism.

Well we're both equal part owners so not really =]

We are allowed to talk poo poo about each other, which we do frequently.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

titansoftime posted:

Well we're both equal part owners so not really =]

We are allowed to talk poo poo about each other, which we do frequently.

Just a couple of cool bros takin the piss

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

titansoftime posted:

Ha, he's a big boy, he can deal. Plus we are family.

let me know how that works out in the long term :razz:

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Kashuno posted:

let me know how that works out in the long term :razz:

It's worked for 30 years so far =]

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kashuno posted:

There is no shame in this, do not disparage their brotherly love

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

have you seen the game?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

titansoftime posted:

o this game is 30 years old? that explains a LOT

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I bet Titansoftime is a woman, welcome to postfeminism bitch :c00l:

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

When I first started this game I was worried all the female armor wouldn't be basically bikinis but boy was I proven wrong

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Three friends and I made characters for reasons we don't fully understand and made it all the way to the egypt zone. We may very well have progressed further than anyone else who's played this game.

Look, you seem like an okay guy, so I'll be completely honest here. Yeah, it's a two man team, so no matter what the graphics and gameplay are going to be janky. The thing is, the game fails even in the areas where you DON'T have an excuse. Like, you don't need a budget to give a game some flavor. For example, making the classes SOUND a bit more unique, even if all the abilities do functionally the same thing, or putting some character in the quest text and enemies. This is one of the blandest fantasy settings I've seen in a while. It's so blatantly an imitation of other (usually better) games that, even if it were competently made, there wouldn't be any reason to play it. If I want to play an MMO in a typical medieval fantasy setting, I have a million other options.

The dungeon design is also... questionable. The castle dungeon is a series of VERY long hallways (that form a spiral so nearly no part of the map is unused), with dozens of guards just standing in a perfect row, waiting to be killed. We have to save three prisoners to progress through the story quest anyway - why not have the dungeon branch out a bit, and put a prisoner at the end of each path? As it is, it felt like you just didn't care when you designed the place. The whole game is chock full of stuff like this. The whole thing just needs a lot more thought put into it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Do you have a link to your free to play indie 3d browser based MMO so we can check it out and see how much better you've done?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I think what this game needs to really take it to the next level is a Kickstarter

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

titansoftime posted:

I am not interested in competing with Runescape. They can do their thing, we'll do ours.

You're gonna compete with them whether you like it or not, you're both Free-To-Play Browser MMOs.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i played this, it was horrible. 5/5 goty

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Zinkraptor posted:

Three friends and I made characters for reasons we don't fully understand and made it all the way to the egypt zone. We may very well have progressed further than anyone else who's played this game.

Look, you seem like an okay guy, so I'll be completely honest here. Yeah, it's a two man team, so no matter what the graphics and gameplay are going to be janky. The thing is, the game fails even in the areas where you DON'T have an excuse. Like, you don't need a budget to give a game some flavor. For example, making the classes SOUND a bit more unique, even if all the abilities do functionally the same thing, or putting some character in the quest text and enemies. This is one of the blandest fantasy settings I've seen in a while. It's so blatantly an imitation of other (usually better) games that, even if it were competently made, there wouldn't be any reason to play it. If I want to play an MMO in a typical medieval fantasy setting, I have a million other options.

The dungeon design is also... questionable. The castle dungeon is a series of VERY long hallways (that form a spiral so nearly no part of the map is unused), with dozens of guards just standing in a perfect row, waiting to be killed. We have to save three prisoners to progress through the story quest anyway - why not have the dungeon branch out a bit, and put a prisoner at the end of each path? As it is, it felt like you just didn't care when you designed the place. The whole game is chock full of stuff like this. The whole thing just needs a lot more thought put into it.

Thank you for trying out our game. I am sorry you did not enjoy it, but thank you for your feedback nonetheless.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

titansoftime posted:

30 man years, right?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

rated 5 for not having the casual crutch of "autoattack"

also for being brave enough to have the compass rose represent your character

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 9, 2016

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

titansoftime posted:

Not that I know of.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, citizen.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Famethrowa posted:

rated 5 for not having the casual crutch of "autoattack"

I wasn't very interested in this game until I heard this, now I might try it. Autoattack is for people who don't really want to play an MMO, they just want the loot and mounts and titles.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The worst thing about this game right now is the targeting, you extremely need to add some sort of visual marker under the current target and a smarter way to cycle between them

Also the attack animation for the bears remind me of this which makes me happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

All in all it was totally worth the price of admission

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 10, 2016

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

error1 posted:

The worst thing about this game right now is the targeting, you extremely need to add some sort of visual marker under the current target and a smarter way to cycle between them

I completely agree, I will be looking into a solution for this asap. Thank you for the feedback.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
OP is their romancing in this game? What about homosexual or bisexual/curious romancing. Accurate and realistic romancing is important for my mmorpg experience.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
op, please add something in the game as a tribute to david bowie

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like maybe there could be a politician called the thin white duke :smith:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How many concurrent users does the game get at peak times?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

imgay posted:

How many concurrent users does the game get at peak times?

one

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
i played this game once

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

mr.capps posted:

I don't think we have a choice. RIP.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

HITLERCOCK made combat happen with a bear

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guys, stop supporting this terrible game. Something Awful has never taken something lovely and made it good aside from P-P-P-POWER BOOK and Zybourne Clock.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe

mr.capps posted:

Wait, what....

Dead at 69? Hahaha, Bowie's the best.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Inzombiac posted:

Guys, stop supporting this terrible game. Something Awful has never taken something lovely and made it good aside from P-P-P-POWER BOOK and Zybourne Clock.

this is the only mmorpg currently recognizing the death of a beloved glam rock star

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

mr.capps posted:

this is the worst mmorpg currently recognizing the death of a beloved glam rock star

your welcome

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

mr.capps posted:

this is the only mmorpg currently recognizing the death of a beloved glam rock star

Somebody has to!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
whole lot of lack of respect to my 2 favorite things in life here, david bowie and titans of time

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

titansoftime posted:

Somebody has to!

Thank you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can someone animate the last screenshot so the monster is doing a little hula dance?
I will give out a free avatar to anyone who makes this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7hh18IOTCQ
My tribute to both :smith:

• Locked thread