Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the new KyoAni show. Here's the synopsis: "The story takes place in the near future, in a world born of human imagination. What humans would call ghosts or monsters appear, and they come to be called "phantoms." The main character, Haruhiko Ichijo, is a first year at Hosea Academy along with his upperclassman Mai Kawakami, who fights phantoms with the ability "Spirit of Five Elements," Izumi Reina, who has the ability "Phantom Eater," and Koito Minase, who fights phantoms in solitude. They experience the ups and downs of high school life before a certain incident leads them to the truth of this world."

I have zero hopes or expectations for this show. I haven't seen a trailer or any promotional images. I assume it will have good lighting at the very least. It starts streaming tonight on Crunchy http://www.crunchyroll.com/myriad-colors-phantom-world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lazy sob

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh boy that's the main characters? Hmmmmmm

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The blonde

plot.lost
Aug 21, 2007

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lookit the pv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-Mh5gMPwQ

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I'm gonna make an uneducated guess that yellow will he best girl because they always are

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It appears I chose wisely

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Black will also be good, hype, epic

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

I'm gonna make an uneducated guess that yellow will he best girl because they always are

Also yellow in this anime looks a lot like itsuka from hero academy, whom I have also unofficially determined is another yellow (even though I don't think she actually has a yellow color scheme? I don't really know for sure, she hasn't had many color appearances)

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
The OP feels more like a PV than an OP. Lots of just random shots of the girls. I'm not a fan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPGZU-gnqkY

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Namtab posted:

The blonde

Headphones redhead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have the sneaking suspicion that this show is going to be rear end.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Reds posted:

The OP feels more like a PV than an OP. Lots of just random shots of the girls. I'm not a fan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPGZU-gnqkY

Looks bad.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

I am going to enjoy it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

In Training posted:

I hope it has tons of rear end

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
This looks like garbage

"perhaps the same could be said for all anime"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

then why make the thread!!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Davincie posted:

Imo making a thread should enact a silent toxx clause binding your soul to whether the show is good or not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

Because I'm going to watch the first episode at least and wanted to have somewhere to share my thoughts

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

Because I'm going to watch the first episode at least and wanted to have somewhere to share my thoughts

AIDS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Excuse me?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

I will look forward, to the thoughts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i watched it. my thoughts are: it was p good. boobs

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I had low expectations and it failed to meet even those, dropped it halfway through.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

KyoAni doesn't do Key adaptations any more. The heroine having a terminal disease is not guaranteed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I hope it will be a good Kyoani show, tho I am skeptical enough that I think I am gonna hear how it pans out first

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

I had low expectations and it failed to meet even those, dropped it halfway through.

Same.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was okay

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope this makes KyoAni a lot of money and then they make something good later. Enjoy the boobs folks who are sticking around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

I hope this makes KyoAni a lot of money and then they make something good later. Enjoy the boobs folks who are sticking around.

If it does they'll make more stuff like it, that's how capitalism works, sadly.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

The Devil Tesla posted:

ok

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
It's better than Chuunibyou Season 2.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

drat that was pretty disappointing. I'll watch a couple more just because I'm not watching much this season.

The Colonel posted:

It's better than Chuunibyou Season 2.

Most things are.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the fairy is cute

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I liked the phantom eater girl at least. Other girls not so much, maybe the redhead will be good.

• Locked thread