Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Whiskey Sours posted:

I'm Canadian and wasn't able to find his page. I was, however able to find this post:

And another post by this guy claiming to be the owner:

Names and faces blacked out just cause.

Yup. Tasha and doobie went all angry-style and called a bunch of gay people's employers. It's all true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

chippy posted:

surely this means we're allowed to gently caress up his poo poo in some manner, right?

You can only fight hate with love. Man-on-man love.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

It's pretty amusing and i find it strange that the mods hate it so much

There were also always a handful of spammers and weirdos trying to get the threads gassed and incan only assume this was due to some sort of antisocial impulse
The usual mod excuse is that we're being super weird and stalky. But all anyone does is circulate publicly posted stuff and make fun of it. And can we really point fingers at "weirdos" on these forums?

At the same time, this project really undermined the credibility of the mod in charge of it, who is still mod of a sub-forum on this very site. I think that's where the kindling for this thread becoming "mods vs posters" started, although this battle has certainly evolved past this point.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

picture jerkoff dude was a werido even by goon standards. conquistador and that DOG HOUSE guy too

Oh yeah. point takken. This thread does seem to attract more of the weirdesr than usual. Like Dsl kid guy

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

What happened to the manager doobie hired? I thought she was meant to run the place at nights while doobie went home but then he decided to open at 5am instead until he stopped doing that after 2 months.

Iirc he posted saying she quit because her family told her she couldnt work there anymore. Doob chose to be baffled by the news

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bob Loblaw posted:

Hello,

We're writing to let you know that we've evaluated Wayne R.'s review of West Alabama Automotive that you recently reported. After assessing the review carefully against our Content Guidelines, we agree that this review should be removed.

etc etc

- The Yelp Support Team

So, this should stand as a helpful reminder of what goons should not do:

A. It might make him shy away from writing hilariously slanted reviews in the future. Or it will make him slightly more self conscious about how he writes. Either way, it makes things less funny.
B. Nobody is going to DDH because of a Yelp review, so reporting it isn't costing the Doob any business.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I misspelled "yay" as "yaa." Sorry for the typo, how embaressing

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Maybe Doobie will get a job as a package deliveryman.

After all, dsl runs in his family

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Who was your favorite Doobie supporting cast member?

Was Riley the new employee? Or Mr. Wade the Pinto Bean eating champ? And who couldn't love Sammy the American flag pie eating patriot.

C'mon now, it was clearly Doob's mom who blindly defended him when confronted with his deception of SA, demanded that people who posted "LMFAO" should be banned from facebook, then tried to guilt trip her son out of barstools when he had lost his business and his dream died.

Hats off to Doobie's mom, she wins the "drat, people really can be this horrible" award

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Maybe he asked if he could get one free because of all his twitter followers :iiam:

One needs a floor drain for a soda fountain, it's regulation

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Can we not say doob lost his business because that's not what happened and we need accuracy so future generations knows what happened

Well, technically, Doob lost his business before the game even started by not locking down a standard long lease that business use.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This thread seems to be infected with musical Tourette's

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Shithouse Dave posted:

there are so many pages in this thread i don't know where to look to find out what happened to force the doob to close. was it the lack of business, the lovely hotdogs? a surprise health inspection? the vent hood falling down?

- Landlord said "hey I might be selling the building to the funeral home next door so they can raze it and make a parking lot."
- Doobie said, "business here is booming, and I have no job lined up, but I'm going to close," and also closed his mewly-opened auto biz even though it had nothing to do with the situation
- Doobie pshaws all suggestions of changing location

Beyond that, There is no why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

He's going to be one of those guys that can never retire because he has no savings at all but instead of taking any accountability or changing anything at all, he's just going to blame everyone else for his problems because that's all he knows how to do.

GOP 2016: We're hating all the right people this time.

• Locked thread