Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope doobs didn't learn how lesson and signed another horribly one sided lease for his building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

doobs mom just likes everything he posts because he's what Reform needs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

doobie is almost retarded and we're making fun of an almost-retarded man

but hell, it's G.B.S.

excuse me but doobs is a proud graduate

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

drain that oil outta that hole

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm watching the game at the restaurant... but you better not be if you're ordering wings

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

vyst posted:

Old people use checks all the time at the grocery store because debit/credit cards are voodoo wizardry.

My parents still insist on using them all the time at retail places because using your debit and credit cards is just begging to get your life stolen. The last time I was with them in a Best Buy they paid with a check and the store had to do an Electronic Check Conversion and I just kind of facepalmed in the back

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Added some recent pics and links to the wikia. Doobiepedia is the second google result for "doobies doghouse", trailing only his one-star Yelp page. Add a new page or write a better summary and I'll editit in.

Sounds like something another restaurant promised and Doobie forgot to remove while plagiarizing.

IKEA? Doobie's not into that euro commie stuff. West Alabama Automotive will take all the light auto repair that can be handled with a little cash and a fist full of Harbor Freight coupons. . . which is a lot. People will pay for simple poo poo like oil and spark plug changes. If you're not afraid to vent some refrigerant you just need a vacuum pump and manifold (about $150 at Harbor Freight) to service air conditioning. The Doobster is probably renting a vacant building for next to nothing. If he does enough work to cover rent and utilities then his reward is a drive-in workshop for his own projects. It's a cool scheme if you're into car work. He really is some kind of low cunning savant.

Given how his current landlord apparently is screwing him on rent, I'd doubt he's renting a building for next to nothing. Or maybe it is nothing right now and once he installs a bunch of poo poo the guy jacks it up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Honestly his burgers always looked better than his dogs. The faceless denim wearing dude had the right idea

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why doesn't he just make breakfast burger specials for the next week

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cromulent posted:

Unfortunately are oil change and light automotive venture are not given the responce we wanted.....12 bottles of SW-40 oil $9.99 each....pile of slightly used rags $4/handful....

EDIT: loving lol at $1.25 per cup of lovely doobie diner coffee

EDIT2: Tasha's Big Stack: 4-pancakes stacked up High

The man is charging 50 cents for ice for breakfast. What a capitalist

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't know jack about food but I assume that 2 pancakes and a tiny link sausage are way cheaper to buy and make than country fried steak with gravy, so why are the Country Girl and Boy breakfasts priced the same?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: doobs is finally getting a proper parking lot

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is doob's church going to blacklist the funeral home? Maybe take up some pagan burial practices?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Berious posted:

If they're adding a crematorium they might be in the market for a vent hood.

Wonder if the landlord will let him take it. Doobs said that the landlord keeps all the improvements he made to that building.

Of course not the landlord will keep it and Craigslist it off to someone else

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wintermutant posted:

It's gonna be a big parking lot.

Gotta be big enough for truckers so they can stop by the funeral home for hot corpses

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ashes...in the URN!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

a starwar betamax posted:

It's a shame the funeral home is running Doobies out.... Im sure he's been sending lots of business there way since he opened

You be nice about good ol' Sammy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

doobs should start up a Kickstarter to raise money and outbid the funeral home

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

In 2 years Doobie never took responsibility for anything that happened in his restaurant.

"We are only 6 months back in paying rent but that drat funeral home promising to actually pay on time is stealing our building"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He should mix some of his left-over pepper gravy in with the 10w-40

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

By business is booming I assume that doobs means he sells food to a bunch of people during the day and not taking into account bills or costs or anything like that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Last Buffalo posted:

Something tells me the lease has very little to do with Doobie's closing. I don't think the landlord can go "welp, get out" with only a few weeks to go.

I don't know why he's not doing the obvious thing and just moving the doghouse inside the garage.

The landlord hasn't kicked him out yet. doobs is just claiming he's moving out now instead of being told "get out" because I guess this means he can leave with his pride or something

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bob Loblaw posted:

- Not a single place in (my) room to hang clothing

Gotta hang up those Alabama red blankets before the big game to get the wrinkles out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

perfect end to a perfect saga

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

a starwar betamax posted:

Have we got all the best doobie jepegs in here yet?

nope the car show pics are missing and where is sammy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

White bread with BBQ is something I don't understand. Is it supposed to function as an edible napkin or something?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Berious posted:

e: 10 hours of cut scenes is not an exaggeration. Chris boasted about them and showed off the script

Then threw it on the ground and made some employee pick it up in front of the crowd

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Linda Robinson Son if I had the money I would buy 2 or 3 of your bar stools after you let uncle Dennis have first choice of them but I don't have the money.I thought they would look good in my kitchen since my decor is red and gold.Im always a day late or a dollar short.

:lol: his whole family is a never ending guilt-trip train

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't even know why you'd go somewhere and order pinto beans

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I still can't believe doob's mom tried guilt tripping him out of 2-3 bar stools. I also can't believe doobs wouldn't just give his mom the 2-3 bar stools

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kickstarter 3.0 initiated

The perfect ending would be the crematorium backing out of the deal after doobs firesells everything including the vent hood

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Northport isn't that close to Reform. Are they expanding? Satellite parking facility?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Doobs should go with the narrative that big city folks from metropolitan Northport are taking over poor little Reform

He could sell the movie rights. Ray Romano could play doobs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What's up with the naked goon

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Odds on doobs canceling any standing orders with his supplier?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

bradzilla posted:

Doob's suppliers were the freezers at Walmart

I firmly believe doobs had a supplier. And I firmly believe said supplier just bought the stuff from Walmart and Dollar General and added 10%.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ArbitraryC posted:

Someone mentioned doobie was closing down in some other thread and so I came here to see what the hubub was about. Are you telling me that all the money he dumped into renovations and making the place up to code for cooking and selling food in (like that super expensive vent hood) was done to a building he was merely renting and could get kicked out of at a moment's notice?

INCORRECT. If he is telling the truth about the landlord, he has not been kicked out yet. He has merely been told that a sale might happen and is GTFOing before he's told he has to leave

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can we not say doob lost his business because that's not what happened and we need accuracy so future generations knows what happened

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe doobs will give the jars of pickles to his poor old mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wait...why does he have marshmallows?

• Locked thread