Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Anubis posted:

Looking to see if there is absolutely any interest on my Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 EF mount. It's in really good shape, just a few small millimeter size dings on the hood. Included also would be: (All original) case, caps, hood, box and an Acratech 4" lens plate

FYI: The entire model has a known defect where the zoom is not stiff enough to hold against it's own weight, so if you let it hang from your neck straight down it'll slowly fully extend. Never bothered me but I'm in full disclosure mode here.

I'm thinking $420 shipped in the US?

I'd be interested in this but I'm not in a position to pay for it for a few weeks. If you get no other interest by this time next month, let me know. I'm in Ukraine and will happily pay the additional postage.

It's strange about the zoom issue, I have a few Sigma zooms and they have a lock-button to stop that from happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Anubis posted:

Yeah, the lock button works but that only functions when you're fully retracted. The movement only occurs when you are walking around and don't have the lock button on. If there isn't anyone else that chimes in the mean time, I got no problem with that but I just want to verify you aren't in the Crimea region, since apparently no packages are getting there at this point.

I'm in Kyiv. Post is not 100% reliable here (for reasons unrelated to the war) but it's no worse than usual.

I can give you a $120 deposit for it if you don't get anyone else saying they want it in the next few days.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Anubis posted:

You still in for the 150-500 sigma? Haven't heard from you and you don't have PMs so I just want to be sure.

I'm going to have to duck out of this one. It looks like I have to buy a bunch of plane tickets at short notice so my toys fund has been zeroed. Sorry to keep you hanging. I do have PMs btw.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Posting on the offchance that someone wants to get into glass-plate photography or large format relatively cheap. I found a perfect condition FKD 13x18 camera on my travels. I was going to buy it but can't really justify the expense. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll buy it and ship it at cost. The asking price is $450 and it's in great condition with a tripod, 210mm lens and two 13x18 film cassettes. I'm going to guess that it would cost about another $50 to post it to most places.

The camera can take plate holders in place of the film if you want to play with argentotype or similar stuff and is in generally excellent condition all around. I've seen it fold and unpack and I've inspected the bellows and the movements.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

I might have to jump on that. Will those backs accept 5x7 film?

That was my original thought but a bit of googling indicates that, while 13x18cm is almost the same as 5x7 inches, it's not quite close enough. You could probably modify it for 5x7 holders though relatively easily. It's a very low-tech machine.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

That is one of the more unique things I've seen posted in here in a long rear end time

I've been trawling the flea-markets and camera shops locally trying to find cool stuff that I can use with my Soviet medium format camera. A guy I have done a fair bit of business with and knows I like old Soviet gear, put that aside for me.

I've found some real gems like this perfect condition Leningrad 2 lightmeter, boxed and with all the documentation and original receipt,

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
This is why I'm poor...

To be on topic for the buy/sell thread, if anyone is interested in Soviet camera gear from Lubitel TLRs to Moskva bellows cameras and copies of Leicas or Hasselblads, then let me know. I have a thread in SAMart and I'm always happy to go searching for specific stuff.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

COOL CORN posted:

I might be wrong actually! I shined a light directly at the meter and fiddled with the ASA knob and the meter needle moved as expected. I can't guarantee how WELL the meter works, but it seems like the meter DOES work.

Selenium meters will degrade in sensitivity over time but, if you're feeling brave, you can open it up and maybe recover it by just cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser. I bought a Zenit-E with a dead lightmeter and I fixed it in exactly that way. If it's dead despite that, you can also just replace it with a solar cell from, for example a pocket calculator. You'd just need to figure out what value of resistor to use to calibrate it.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Anyone have any polarizers or ND filters for sale? I'm looking for a variety of sizes so post whatever you have.

I have a Hoya 77mm ND8. I also have a Kenco 72mm CPL that I bought by mistake. Both are unused and boxed. $30 each plus $5 postage for either or both (assuming you are in the US or EU).

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I have a fever... And the only cure is questionable Eastern European camera equipment.

There's a friend of mine in Prague right now and poster Helen Highwater is in Kiev. I sometimes wonder if I could convince one of them them to go around to local camera shops rigged up with a live feed & microphone Larry Middleman style so I could skip eBay and do my deals directly.

I'm more than happy to go and hunt down SovCamera gear. I buy a lot of it myself so the guys I deal with know me and give me deep discounts. The only thing is that I might not be here for much longer, it depends on work situations so, if you want anything, hit me up via PM and we can talk about it.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm super interested in the Spotmatic stuff and maybe the Mamiya TLR too. I just need to check some stuff but can give you a definite answer by Monday. Can you figure out how much it would cost for shipping to Europe (Slovakia)?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh posted:

Post updated with who's claimed what based on who replied or PM'd me first.

We find out if Canada Post goes on strike tomorrow. If so, I can ship by FedEx if you want the cameras asap or I don't mind waiting it out. I have no idea how long the strike will last.

I can go for the Spotmatic stuff as long as postage isn't too awful. Can't stretch to the Mamiya unfortunately this month. If you;r still selling it in a month's time though, let me know.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh posted:

From a way back, Helen highwater paid me for the spotmatic kit and I shipped it tonight.

Today I got a message from Slovakian Customs that I had a parcel minus the invoice. (despite the fact that there totally was an invoice on the outside of the box, carefully marked with the precise contents and the amount I paid for them). In any case, I paid the ransom and am now the proud owner of BANME.sh's old Spotmatic gear. It all arrived in perfect condition and very thoroughly wrapped. I took it to the local photo-store where they are all huge gear-dorks and they were all super-impressed and then showed my non-Pentax owning scrub self how the metering worked.

5 stars, would purchase again.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Interest check in a LEE Filters setup: holder, 3 hard grads, 3 soft grads, Big Stopper, and a giant B+H c.pol. that actually fits in front of it.

I'm interested but I live in Europe. If that's not a deal-breaker then let me know what your price is with a shipping estimate.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

So, here are B&H links to everything I'd like to sell as a bundle:
Total retail price: $1328.25+tax and shipping. :homebrew:

How's 50% off retail for everything, shipped sound? $664.13?

Bonus shot of how stupid it can look on a mirrorless camera :getin:

I'll go for that but I'm waiting for an invoice to be paid. If you can wait a week, I'll do it.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
A big box of expensive glass arrived safely here this morning. Actually it arrived on Monday but I only just got around to picking it up from the customs office.

Everything is in great condition and it's all present. There's even a bonus screw-on UV filter in one of the wallets.

I always intended to get a Lee filters set but they were pretty spendy. I bought some cheapass Chinese filter set instead a few years ago and I can honestly say that I can understand the price difference now. These things are super solid and everything fits together satisfyingly well. Can't wait to take some bad photos with them!

Thanks a lot Mr Sex Parrot!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

I might flip the Kiev I bought. Nothing against the actual camera I received, it's in great condition and works really well, but I thought I'd be in love with the SLR 6x6 ergonomics where I found I'm not and would rather have the boxy Kiev-88/'blad style camera instead.

I'm just fixing the door hinge right now (I just need to get a set of new screws), I'll probably get that done in a month or so since it's on my backburner. I'll let you know once it's fixed, if you haven't found anything else in the meantime.

FWIW, I hate using my Kiev 60 (and the 88 for that matter) with a prism too. I find it's 100% better with a wlf.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I have a Kiev 60 that I got CLAd by Arax and it works like a dream. Mine is from the late 1980s and was brand new with the box and accessories but the film advance was misaligned. Now it's a beautiful camera that just works great. I still prefer the 88 though for 6x6 stuff.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
No.
It was basically a point and shoot. It uses 126 film which you can't get any more (if you want to gently caress with it though and you have an empty 126 cartridge, you can load that with 135 film).

It has a very limited set of shutter speeds, so you are mostly going to be limited to outdoor daylight shooting and a lovely lens.

If you want it for a shelf ornament, then go for it. It probably doesn't work anyway so don't overpay for it. If you want an actual film camera to play with, then I'd suggest leaving it in the thrift shop and waiting for a cheap 135 camera to come through instead.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Just quote your SA Mart post here or vice-versa. There might be goons interested in photo gear who don't read the Dorkroom for whatever reason (insufficient interest in chairs, think Reddit is a good photography source, bought an EOS M on purpose etc) so it won't hurt to cover your bases.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Late night Discord chat reminded me that I have this stuck in a drawer.
It's a pretty nice controller for editing photos, I was sent it to evaluate and I decided that it wasn't for me but that doesn't mean it's not useful for someone.

The buttons are configurable and can be mapped to pretty much every editing and management suites such as CaptureOne, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. Editing with physical buttons is a much better and more streamlined experience than using a mouse and KB. I have a Loupedeck which I love but this fills a similar niche while having a much smaller desk footprint, so absolutely perfect for people who edit while travelling. It's about the size of a chunky game controller and has a pleasing weight as well as a soft-textured exterior coating. It's practically brand new in the box, I have only opened it, tried it once and put it back again. Comes with warranty card, USB cable and all documentation. The website is here if you want to check out the MSRP and the feature set - https://www.tourboxtech.com/en/tourbox-neo.html

Asking £100 and I'll cover postage in the UK and EU.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Flint_Paper posted:

Would you take £60 to get it off your hands? I definitely don't need it/can't justify the purchase, but I'm depressed and want to Buy A Toy, hence the lowball offer.

Sent you a PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Helen Highwater posted:

Late night Discord chat reminded me that I have this stuck in a drawer.
It's a pretty nice controller for editing photos, I was sent it to evaluate and I decided that it wasn't for me but that doesn't mean it's not useful for someone.

The buttons are configurable and can be mapped to pretty much every editing and management suites such as CaptureOne, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. Editing with physical buttons is a much better and more streamlined experience than using a mouse and KB. I have a Loupedeck which I love but this fills a similar niche while having a much smaller desk footprint, so absolutely perfect for people who edit while travelling. It's about the size of a chunky game controller and has a pleasing weight as well as a soft-textured exterior coating. It's practically brand new in the box, I have only opened it, tried it once and put it back again. Comes with warranty card, USB cable and all documentation. The website is here if you want to check out the MSRP and the feature set - https://www.tourboxtech.com/en/tourbox-neo.html

Asking £100 and I'll cover postage in the UK and EU.
Money recieved and item sent.