Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Looking to see if there is absolutely any interest on my Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 EF mount. It's in really good shape, just a few small millimeter size dings on the hood. Included also would be: (All original) case, caps, hood, box and an Acratech 4" lens plate

Warning, I forgot to click downsize (and don't care to fix it) so full size the 5ds images... all the detail you could ever want!

This has been on a few vacations with me at this point and I've been generally really happy with it, but still think I might be happier spending a lot of money for a 100-400 II L and hooking it up to a 1.4x. An honest review of it would be; no it's not pro gear optics but the massive range and distance this thing has gives such a versatility that it's easy to look past it's faults if you aren't publishing your work. Works well for wildlife/birding if you got decent light, especially with a crop camera. Obviously, hand holding can become difficult at the extreme end but with good form is still doable. If you're petite or otherwise lack upper body strength the nearly 4lb weight takes time to work up for full day shoots, if you don't use a monopod.

FYI: The entire model has a known defect where the zoom is not stiff enough to hold against it's own weight, so if you let it hang from your neck straight down it'll slowly fully extend. Never bothered me but I'm in full disclosure mode here.

I'm thinking $420 shipped in the US?

So, tell me you're interested and prove that love is more powerful than any pesky 500' restraining order!

For an example picture, here's a recent zoo picture towards the end of the day handheld on a 70D and completely untouched.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

Helen Highwater posted:

I'd be interested in this but I'm not in a position to pay for it for a few weeks. If you get no other interest by this time next month, let me know. I'm in Ukraine and will happily pay the additional postage.

It's strange about the zoom issue, I have a few Sigma zooms and they have a lock-button to stop that from happening.

Yeah, the lock button works but that only functions when you're fully retracted. The movement only occurs when you are walking around and don't have the lock button on. If there isn't anyone else that chimes in the mean time, I got no problem with that but I just want to verify you aren't in the Crimea region, since apparently no packages are getting there at this point.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 12, 2016

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm in Kyiv. Post is not 100% reliable here (for reasons unrelated to the war) but it's no worse than usual.

I can give you a $120 deposit for it if you don't get anyone else saying they want it in the next few days.

You still in for the 150-500 sigma? Haven't heard from you and you don't have PMs so I just want to be sure.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm going to have to duck out of this one. It looks like I have to buy a bunch of plane tickets at short notice so my toys fund has been zeroed. Sorry to keep you hanging. I do have PMs btw.

Weird, the other day it said you didn't. Maybe they were just down who knows. Either way, no problem thanks.