Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Alright, Canon stuff going out the door. Goon pricing available.

To Sell: 5d Mark III, 24-105 f/4L, 85mm f/1.8, coming soon. Message if your interested, I'll come back to those. Plan on selling them last as I'm going to replace them with a new camera.

For now:

Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG APO HSM OS. This is the second version of the lens, not the most recent. Sharp, quick AF, and the reason I've waited to leave Canon. At 300mm, 2.8, the isolation of the subject is sweet, and the bokeh is nice. Good, fast telephoto for sports/almost there for birding. $1700.

Sigma 24mm f/1.8 EX DG. $225. Sharp, not the fastest AF, nice lens.

Rokinon 14mm f/2.8. Sharp, distorted as hell, but not unusual for a 14mm lens, and there are plug-ins for photoshop to fix it. $150.

Canon 70-200 f/2.8L (version I). $850. Pretty sharp, decent speed at AF.

Canon Lenses2 by B. B., on Flickr

Canon Lenses by B. B., on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Assuming this is without the AE chip. What's the condition, and do you have any recent shots? I'm semi-interested. Also will be watching for the 24-105, but less likely I'd could get the money together for that.

Yup, no chip. i can link to some shots, a couple about a year old, and can take some sample shots tomorrow. Local guy may take it tomorrow, if not, I'll hold it for you.

Edit: excellent condition. As for the 24-105, it'll be cheaper than you thunk. Theyre relatively cheap on the used market.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 11, 2017

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Thanks! Yeah, gently caress, I guess I'll take the 14 if you don't sell it locally.

Fell thru. ok, do you want me to take a couple of sample shots? i'll link you to some previous stuff, to, tomorrow.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Yup, Rokinon off the market.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
EDIT: Rokinon sold. Price drop on the rest.

To Sell: 5d Mark III, 24-105 f/4L, 85mm f/1.8, coming soon. Message if your interested, I'll come back to those. Plan on selling them last as I'm going to replace them with a new camera.

For now:

Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG APO HSM OS. This is the second version of the lens, not the most recent. Sharp, quick AF, and the reason I've waited to leave Canon. At 300mm, 2.8, the isolation of the subject is sweet, and the bokeh is nice. Good, fast telephoto for sports/almost there for birding. $1550.

Sigma 24mm f/1.8 EX DG. $200. Sharp, not the fastest AF, nice lens.

Canon 70-200 f/2.8L (version I). $750. Pretty sharp, decent speed at AF.

5DIII, w/grip and two canon batteries, plus canon charger and off brand charger: $1450. 31330 shutter count, one flaw: The rubber nubbin on the AF joystick on the body is gone. Still works, and the nubbin on the grip is there, and works.

24-105 f/4L, excellent condition: $450. By them together, I'll knock off $50.

100mm f/2.8, non-USM, non-L Macro. $200.

IMG_20170113_113004_497 by B. B., on Flickr

IMG_20170113_113433_808 by B. B., on Flickr

IMG_20170113_113043_924 by B. B., on Fickr

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 14, 2017

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Paypal sent to torgeaux for the rokinon.

Did the lens arrive today?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

It did- I have stuff sent to my in-laws b/c our neighborhood is pretty bad for package theft. This week is really busy but I'll probably get over their on Saturday to check 'er out. Thanks for the fast shipping!

Great to hear. Hope you like it, it has a look like no other lens I had. Especially skies with clouds. Enjoy.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

torgeaux posted:

For now:

Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG APO HSM OS. This is the second version of the lens, not the most recent. Sharp, quick AF, and the reason I've waited to leave Canon. At 300mm, 2.8, the isolation of the subject is sweet, and the bokeh is nice. Good, fast telephoto for sports/almost there for birding. $1700.

Sigma 24mm f/1.8 EX DG. $225. Sharp, not the fastest AF, nice lens.

Rokinon 14mm f/2.8. Sharp, distorted as hell, but not unusual for a 14mm lens, and there are plug-ins for photoshop to fix it. $150.

Canon 70-200 f/2.8L (version I). $850. Pretty sharp, decent speed at AF.

All Sold.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Splinter posted:

He is the cat

I have some Canon miscellaneous stuff to over, too.

I have some Compact Flash cards, a couple of 8s and a 16. I have a couple of off brand battery chargers, and a Sigma Flash that works fine but is a bit beat up, the DG 530 I think. Poor goons who need such things let me know.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 2, 2017

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Choicecut posted:

Anyone interested in a fujifilm 16-55? I'll post pics if anyone is.

priciness?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
And the price with trade for the kit 18-55?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

I'll message you tomorrow.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Okay, interest check. 1 March I should be getting my XH1, and so I'll be selling my XT2 w/ grip and kit lens.

I generally prefer to sell to goons, and price accordingly. I'll be posting photos when it's available, and I'm trying to sell as a kit. If you're looking to get into fuji, this is a great setup.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Ok, I've dicked around with the XH1 enough, and now the XT2 kit is going on the block.

Goon priced at $1650. XT2, with grip, three fuji batteries, 18-55 f/2.8 to f/4 kit lens, original boxes for lens and body, lens caps/body cap/strap, battery charger, 3d party charger for grip, manuals for lens and body.

XT2 Kit by B. B., on Flickr

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Did your camera come with that Fujifilm-embroidered strap? Mine is embossed leather.

No, that's the strap from the xh1 I realized....but, that's what's going with the set.dont know where the original is.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

torgeaux posted:

Ok, I've dicked around with the XH1 enough, and now the XT2 kit is going on the block.

Goon priced at $1650. XT2, with grip, three fuji batteries, 18-55 f/2.8 to f/4 kit lens, original boxes for lens and body, lens caps/body cap/strap, battery charger, 3d party charger for grip, manuals for lens and body.

Bumped. No offers at all, I'm a bit surprised. Is it priced too high?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

torgeaux posted:

Sold, goon sold.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Ok, keeping the thread up to speed on my drama. Sold XT2 kit to goon. shipped last week, paid for arrival yesterday. Gets sent back because they mislabeled the battery (listed batteries inside, not type or emergency contact) even though I told and showed them the lithium batteries. So, UPS store gets it Tuesday, and never contacts me, resends it after correcting their mistake. Does not upgrade to overnight. Uses same tracking number, so now I can't track, nor can receiver, as it just says, "Returned to sender." UPS store employee "Dexter" who signed for it on return has emailed me and goon buyer. I'm copying that in whole here.

Dexter posted:

Hello there,

On Wednesday, (04/02/2018), Mr. Goon shipped out a package from us (UPS Store #6469). The package that was insured for $2,000 had been returned to us on 04/04/2018 because some additional paperwork in regards to this package was missing. We rectified the mistake and sent it back on the same date. As this was a package that was sent back using the same tracking number, the ups.com website will not update its status. However after following up with UPS (carrier) I have been informed that there is movement on this package; and as of today (04/05/2018) this package is at the main hub in Kentucky. It is expected to be delivered tomorrow before 10 am.

Myself and Mr. Broyles have been in constant communication in regards to this package; and I have been following up on this package personally. Again, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Dexter
The UPS Store #6469
1153 Bergen Parkway, Suite I
Evergreen, CO 80439
P: 303-670-8700 F: 303-670-8777
M-F 8:30a- 6:30p, Sat 9:00a- 5:00p

I'm going to be giving a bit of a refund to goon buyer when this gets done, since they're refunding all or part of shipping. I paid for the shipping, but the delay is loving absurd. However, since this would look very scam like to goon buyer, since tracking shows the package was returned to sender and nothing else, I'm keeping goon buyer and thread up to speed.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 5, 2018

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

VelociBacon posted:

I don't think it discredits you if you block your full name from that copy pasted part, and I definitely would because this is a public forum.

Agreed. Thanks, and done.

Edit: And, it arrived and all is well.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 6, 2018

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

DJExile posted:

Dakana's stuff is good and I can attest to that vanguard bag holding a frankly obscene amount of stuff in it. I have also handled much of the merchandise myself and have only put my balls on a few items

Which items are ball-touched? Asking for a friend.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

XBenedict posted:

If the price is right, maybe the X-H1 and the 16-55

Not me selling, but don't discount the usefulness of the tele. That lens is remarkably good at its price point.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's a strong possibility! I'm not aware of anything else that you can test photo/video gear with besides cats.

Bullshit! Some people have dogs!

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

MrBlandAverage posted:

645 SLRs are all of the disadvantages of medium format (e.g. camera size) with basically none of the advantages of medium format (e.g. negative size). Unless you're getting a screaming deal, I would hold out for a 6x7 or 6x9 camera instead.

This. I wish I'd gotten this advice before getting my Pentax 645. It's fun, it has auto advance, which is cool on a huge film body, the lens is ok, but it's eh in terms of producing a result different from 35mm.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

SimpleCoax posted:

Interest check: I have a Fujifilm X-H2S and GFX 50S II with a bunch of lenses I’m looking to sell. I realized getting a Canon R5 makes more sense than having two systems in which I can never decide between so that’s what I’m doing. Would be especially great if anyone could pick up locally in Colorado.

Lenses:
XF 16mm f1.4 LM WR
XF 23mm f1.4 LM WR
XF 27mm f2.8 WR
XF 80mm 2.8 LM WR Macro
XF 90mm 2 LM WR
XF 1.4 Teleconverter
XF 10-24mm f4 WR
XF 8-16mm f2.8 LM WR
XF 100-400mm f2.8 LM WR
GF 32-64mm f4
GF 80mm f1.7

Talk to me about the 100-400. edit: Also, I'm just outside Denver.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 27, 2022

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Achmed Jones posted:

i have a canon rebel t7 and wanna buy lenses and maybe other stuff. i have the canon 1.8 50mm, the kit lens, and a canon 4-5.6 75-300mm

im interested in, idk, whatever. a macro lens would be cool, or an extension tube for the 50 maybe. a 24mm or 35mm might be neat. im not looking to spend thousands or whatever; i don't much know what i'm doing here, im more in "mess around and have fun" mode than "spend tons of money on a Serious Hobby" mode

thanks for reading!

I suggest you look at a wide angle macro. Lets you scratch two itches.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/802633298-USE/sigma_432306_w_a_24mm_f_1_8_ex.html

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Achmed Jones posted:

this is awesome, and is right up my alley! i couldnt find the same thing for EF mount, but i'll keep looking. thanks!

Canon makes a 35mm macro, too, but that's not going to be wide on your camera.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Interest check: Fuji 90mm f/2 in excellent condition. As always, goon prices will be better than buying used from KEH, etc...

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Flint_Paper posted:

Potentially interested, depending on the price/shipping to the UK!

Sorry, I'm shipping it to MPB for a quote right now.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Interest check:

Looking to clear out the lenses I don't shoot and upgrade one I do.

Fuji: 70-300, excellent shape; 23 f/1.4, excellent shape.
Rokinon 12 f/2, almost unused.

If interest, I'll post pics and we can talk prices. I like to sell to goons when possible.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Korenwolf posted:

I would be interested in the 70-300 depending on price. It has been next on my to buy list for a while now.

Pic and pricing when we get home.

Edit:

Prices: 23mm, $375; 12mm, $140; 70-300, $625.

Lenses by B. B., on Flickr

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

torgeaux posted:

Pic and pricing when we get home.

Edit:

Prices: 23mm, $375; 12mm, $140; 70-300, $625.

Lenses by B. B., on Flickr

Sold: 12mm, 70-300. Sorry I hadn't updated.

23mm still available, talk to me about pricing.