Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

"[ts posted:

xenophobe" post="454680061"]
Selling my backup stuff to finance new glass.

Canon nifty 50 $85 shipped in the US

Blackrapid Curve strap and fastenR R3 $40 I migrated to Peak Design

Seen in the background, somehow I neglected to take a pic. The R3 is scratched up, but nothing wrong with either.

7d mkI with grip $450 obo. About 88k clicks. A little wear on the corners and some stuck adhesive from gaffers tape

5 CF cards and a waterproof case $30

e: this transaction is currently on hold.

Hey, I'll take the 7D plus grip. Just PM me your paypal information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

"[ts posted:

xenophobe" post="454765775"]
Tracking sent via PM. Dropped off at the ups store today.

Awesome, thanks

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

drat an x-pro1 is tempting at that price.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Ooo, I was sorry to miss that Fuji when it was up for sale last time.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

That is awesome.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

daspope posted:

I am getting back into video work so it's time to shuffle my gear around again.

Pentacon Six Lens - Carl Zeiss Jena/Sonnar 180mm f2.8 (Multicoated version) - $170 shipped USA
Glass is in great shape. Lens is like new other than slight surface scratch by tripod mount. Includes lens hood.

How's that P6 working? I'm interested in the lens, but I don't need another big MF SLR with shutter issues. (Specifically the appearance of dark bands at high shutter speeds)

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

daspope posted:

Sorry that post is confusing. I am currently only looking to sell the lens. I wanted to show the size in relation to the body (both are giant). I still have another lens and a good amount of rolls of film to go through. If you are curious about Kiev 60 SLRs in general I would be happy to answer some questions.

I thought that was cheap for a lens and weird-looking Pentacon Six :v:.

Late night posting...

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 16, 2016

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

If daspope sells his DP Merrill and P6 lens before the end of the month, maybe. But I won't be buying anything until the beginning of April, when someone else is supposed to buy something from me.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

daspope posted:

Price drops on each item.

I'll take the P6 lens! Will email you to get the PayPal arrangements made.

COOL CORN posted:

Kiev 4 with Helios 103 & case - $40

(Not my pictures but same model.)

Bought this a long time ago, ran one roll through it to test it, and haven't touched it since. Tested the shutter speed, it seems fine. Aperture blades seem smooth. Meter does not seem to be working, but if you're using a rangefinder, you're already a photography pro right? :grin:

Shipping from NC. Will get a quote if interested.

Are those meters detachable? They're selenium and don't take batteries, right?

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

COOL CORN posted:

That makes sense. I'm not going to crack it open, but it does seem like it's working, just really super insensitive to light. Probably needs a cleaning like you describe.

I've read about Kiev 4 meters losing accuracy over time, and the differences between the reading given and the actual EV occurring, "according to a non-linear function". If that was the case, you wouldn't necessarily be able to compensate for the weak light response. Somehow, I don't like the idea of having such a big ugly hump on the camera being completely nonfunctional. I'm tempted to buy it just to see if I could fix it. But it's just so (IMO, sorry) ugly. Ugly in kind of a cool way, though.

I've read some opinions from certain people, claiming that the Kievs' contax 'heritage' - and what they did with it going forward relative to zorki & fed - make them the superior Soviet rangefinders. I'm just not sure if it's the FSU RF that I want to buy into. Hell, they're so cheap I could buy all three, but I've only go so much shelf space.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

COOL CORN posted:

Kiev 4 with Helios 103 & case - $40

(Not my pictures but same model.)

Bought this a long time ago, ran one roll through it to test it, and haven't touched it since. Tested the shutter speed, it seems fine. Aperture blades seem smooth. Meter does not seem to be working, but if you're using a rangefinder, you're already a photography pro right? :grin:

Shipping from NC. Will get a quote if interested.

OK cool corn, how much to ship the Kiev to [location in PM]

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 2, 2016

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I have a fever... And the only cure is questionable Eastern European camera equipment.

There's a friend of mine in Prague right now and poster Helen Highwater is in Kiev. I sometimes wonder if I could convince one of them them to go around to local camera shops rigged up with a live feed & microphone Larry Middleman style so I could skip eBay and do my deals directly.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

COOL CORN posted:

SMERSHy it looks like about ten bux. Wanna just call it an even 50 shipped? If so, sending PayPal address in PM.

Money sent.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Overture posted:

Interest check for a Sony RX1? Mint condition, EVF included, etc.

Would be willing to trade for a micro 4/3 setup.

I've got an EM-10 + kit lens, if you're down to trade :v:

Edit: It's a better kit lens than the EM-10 comes with by default (Lumix 14-42mm 3.5-5.6)...

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 4, 2016

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

daspope's lens arrived today. Looks good. Can't wait to shoot it when my fixed-up Kiev 60 arrives in... 3-to-4 weeks!

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Kiev 4 of COOL CORN arrived today. Nice condition and it looks like it does all the things. Even the meter seems to work and is accurate.

The only function I can't test right now is the flash sync, but I'll worry about that when I get a PC socket-compatible flash and for some unthinkable reason to want to use the camera's 1/25 sync speed. The metal "window blind" shutter is cool to watch in action at slower speeds. Time to actually load it up and do some shooting.

Edit: Well, I guess the meter doesn't work for relatively dark, indoor lighting situations. Rotating the dial clockwise to get to the readings that indicate whole seconds doesn't seem to motivate the needle. Good. I wanted something to gently caress with and poke at trying to fix. Maybe I'll even get it working.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 9, 2016

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Cool. I can experiment with some films I've never used before. I'll take the acros, delta, provia, and one roll of the kodak pro.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Wild EEPROM posted:

I made a mistake with the listing - it's actually Velvia 50. If that's still cool with you, how does $18 shipped altogether sound?

Sounds good. Money on the way.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

Sold the 200mm, price drop on the rest.

Does that fa have the original honeycomb shutter? If so, could you take a close-up picture of the left side inside of the the shutter track, with the shutter in the uncocked position? Like this:

I'm curious about the condition of shutter.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Edit: I fixed my Nikon fe2. Nvm

This is a WTB post.

I'm looking for a manual focus Nikon film camera that works:

F2
FM/FE/FM2/FE2/FM2n
FA
F3 (if you cut me a deal)

I've had... Bad luck with the used and refurbished Nikon's I've found on ebay and in my local stores. It's tough, because I need to be able to use them for focus-critical subjects and slide film. I've ended up with cameras suffering from myriad issues that aren't always apparent until you develop a roll of film shot in the right conditions. The main ones are:

Light leaks from shutter. Even very lightly warped shutter blades can cause this.

Miscalibrated focusing screen and/or reflex mirror, causing front-or back-focus.

These problems can manifest in very subtle ways. I have a perfect-looking FE2 for instance, but the second curtain has just enough play between the blades that I can perceive light from a bright led through the back if I flip up the mirror. It's just enough of an issue to cause problems with solid backgrounds in bright sunlight. The same camera also consistently front-focuses by about an inch, which I didn't realize until I was photographing close-up subjects.

So if you have a known-good Nikon of the type I'm looking for, that has good focus accuracy and factory-flat shutter blades, a clear viewfinder, and decent focusing screen, please let me know. I can replace light seals and polish chrome; I'm looking for a solid user, not a collectible.

Ideal budget is no more than $200. There are slim pickings on KEH right now, and the last couple of 'EX'-graded items I've ordered from them weren't really all that great. I realize that being picky like this doesn't necessarily make me sound like a very good person to sell a used camera to, and I know that a lot of you have beat-to-hell gear. But every once in a while there's a magical goon who is just sitting on something that's fairly nice and well cared for that they don't use anymore. If you're that goon, hit me up.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 10, 2016

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I'd like to sell this as a set:

RB67 Pro-S with one 120 back, WLF, new light seals. Fully functional and extra-double light tight.

Extra Pro-S Body - fully functional but cosmetically rough

90mm f/3.8 Sekor C in great condition

65mm F4 K/L (one of the latest & sharpest lenses for the system) in great condition

Mamiya L-grip

Off-brand Cokin-Z filter holder with yellow & graduated neutral density filters

Vivitar 77mm CPL

One (1) Mamiya rear lens cap

Two (2) generic 77mm front lens caps

All of this for :420: $420 :420: to the CONUS

Edit: A quick pic. I can post shots of everything soon.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 3, 2016

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I've wiped out my budget for the holiday season (and January...)

But I'm Lumix lens-curious and very well might buy your 12-35 someday in the future if you happen to still have it.

...Unless you would be interested in trading for an RB67 and two lenses...

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

P67s look so cool. The 'giant 35mm SLR' is a nice form factor. I wish the Kiev 60s were as generally reliable and precise.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Post your Nikon and Minolta vintage lenses if you got em.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Did your camera come with that Fujifilm-embroidered strap? Mine is embossed leather.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

Lowered price a bit, sold the 85mm.

Someone should but your beautiful camera.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

dakana posted:

🎵🎵 I'm cleanin' out my closet 🎵🎵

I'm down to take that white balance card if no one else has claimed it. Please PM and let me know the shipping cost / PayPal info.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I ain't buying poo poo, but crazy that the only two M-mount cameras I've ever really thought about are both getting posted up in this page. Goons have good taste.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

My P67 developed a dark edge at 1/500 & 1/1000. Sent it in to LeZot for a CLA. Came back ok but then it took a very slight knock while in a super big padded bag and now the shutter drag or whatever that’s causing the uneven exposures is worse than ever. This is a late model 67, not the 6x7.

Watch out for these guys. That is a big shutter and it really needs to be perfectly tuned to actually work properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

theHUNGERian posted:

Last call at $1800.

There’s no way I’m going to buy this but somebody really should. loving eBay prices would get you in a body only (and one that probably has some kind of small but significant unreported issue) for that much.