Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really excited for this game. Hopefully there is a preload option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm really excited for this game. Hopefully there is a preload option.

yiou can preload right now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i remember when i played the demo the game would do a thing where the camera panned to someone else and itd go slowmo, waiting for an action or something. i found it really annoying is there a way to disable that?

literally the first thing I did.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i just preloaded this.. gettin Gamer Chills already

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm going to wait and make sure this capcom pc port isn't unplayable first. But then I'll get it...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a huge folder of every funny screenshot of George from the whole series that someone could take and I'm not afraid to use it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm going to wait and make sure this capcom pc port isn't unplayable first. But then I'll get it...

I would normally do this but steam is now really good about refunds so I don't mind jumping in ASAP to try it out

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i guess people are already playing it and i havent heard anything bad about it yet as a port, most capcom games are pretty good on pc

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Most I've heard from the people playing the leak are that the default keybinds are dumb, but they can be changed so it's a non-issue.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Most I've heard from the people playing the leak are that the default keybinds are dumb, but they can be changed so it's a non-issue.

wouldnt it just be the same as the console controls?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

wouldnt it just be the same as the console controls?

For some reason someone was crazy enough to use Backspace for accepting in menus.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol reminds me of the defaults for lightning returns. It is cool that you can just use your keyboard if you want. Sucks that while the game has controller support it doesn't have controller button prompts!

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
i think i'll go mystic knight for my first playthrough, no idea what to make my main pawn :(

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

One of the things I love about this game is you can try a lot of stuff (and you get to use skills from other jobs in your active job)

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Kevin Smith wears a huge rear end pair of jeans.... holey moley.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

capcoms ports are uaually pretty good. recently newayz. dmc3 is garbage.

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
the freme rate on the 360 verson was really bad. i'm looking forward to playing it 60 fps

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Dragon's Dogma PC Thread: It bears the head of a cock... In HD!
Pages: 1234567... Last

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

Dragon's Dogma PC Thread: It bears the head of a cock... In HD!
Pages: 1234567... Last

:mad:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
my heart is open to accepting dragons dogma based on the people who say its good like good boy austin walker but please tell me why

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

The Milkman posted:

my heart is open to accepting dragons dogma based on the people who say its good like good boy austin walker but please tell me why

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't understand why people liked the game so much in this forum whenever it came up because I was thinking I had played about two hours of it and it was the blandest RPG I'd played in a long time until I realized I was thinking about Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I couldn't understand why people liked the game so much in this forum whenever it came up because I was thinking I had played about two hours of it and it was the blandest RPG I'd played in a long time until I realized I was thinking about Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

38 Studios founder Curt Schilling said that the style of the game would be a marriage between God of War and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.[8]

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

In Training posted:

I played it, it was an okay time killer until Skyrim came out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

38 Studios founder Curt Schilling said that the style of the game would be a marriage between God of War and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.[8]

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Eminem: Now that's what's happens when bad meets evil.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Green man gaming put up a 25% off voucher for this game today, might pick it up but I don't really care about the pre purchase stuff

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jerkops posted:

Green man gaming put up a 25% off voucher for this game today, might pick it up but I don't really care about the pre purchase stuff

Link.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Milkman posted:

it's an open world RPG with really, really good combat. all three major playstyles are sick, and require you to think before going into engagements instead of just mashing 'attack' like skyrim for example. the pawn system also spices up single player gameplay, and gives you even more room to strategize. that's my book report on why i like dragon's dogma.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/rpgs/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/ but it's an account-unique voucher, if you have no account idk if you can get one now, probably

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

also it looks like that link is tailored to my location (germany) so that might mess it up if you aren't in germany

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sank you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Milkman posted:

Well what made me instantly like it despite not having the patience to play it with the really bad frame rate is I skipped a huge part of a dungeon by accidentally riding a cyclops off a cliff and it's corpse cushioned my fall and the game didn't even bat an eye. It's that kind of game most of at least what I played of it so if you want an open worldy game like that, then that's the one for you my brother.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The Milkman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuE3w0JDtbY

Also pretty much what other people said. It's an open world RPG with excellent combat that rewards you for thinking instead of just wading in and mashing buttons. The actual open world part is kinda weak though, don't go in expecting a world like Skyrim's with towns and dungeons everywhere. There's the starting town and the main city, apart from that it's just a few small outposts with a countryside full of monsters in between.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Walrus Pete posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuE3w0JDtbY

Also pretty much what other people said. It's an open world RPG with excellent combat that rewards you for thinking instead of just wading in and mashing buttons. The actual open world part is kinda weak though, don't go in expecting a world like Skyrim's with towns and dungeons everywhere. There's the starting town and the main city, apart from that it's just a few small outposts with a countryside full of monsters in between.

Saying the Open World is weak, compared to skyrim, is really hosed up. Don't take this guy's post too seriously, Milk Man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's more of a Zelda style open world, or maybe Gothic or something, though it's not like where in Zelda you have to have items to access stuff really besides like key type items, but generally with a mix of ingenuity and combat skill and maybe some leveling up, you can get around to a lot of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And, it goes without saying I would think, that Zelda style is the best, as far as open worlds go.

• Locked thread