Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The Milkman posted:

my heart is open to accepting dragons dogma based on the people who say its good like good boy austin walker but please tell me why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuE3w0JDtbY

Also pretty much what other people said. It's an open world RPG with excellent combat that rewards you for thinking instead of just wading in and mashing buttons. The actual open world part is kinda weak though, don't go in expecting a world like Skyrim's with towns and dungeons everywhere. There's the starting town and the main city, apart from that it's just a few small outposts with a countryside full of monsters in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I just meant it's not the kind of thing where you can pick a direction and walk and find a ton of quests and poo poo. That's what comes to mind first when I hear "open world" so I wanted to note the difference.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Doctor Goat posted:

are there better easily accessible healing items than potent greenwarish and large mushroom

Buy a bunch of empty flasks from the alchemist next to the blacksmith in the main city and fill them up at a healing spring. Dirt cheap group healing items that you can offload onto your pawns to save weight and not have to worry as much about healing yourself.

For stamina I never really used anything but mushrooms and liquid vim. The various meats are really good but kinda heavy and they go rotten, not really worth it imo.

• Locked thread