Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

je1 healthcare posted:

"Man don't be a little bitch when it comes to a dragon, just climb up on that thing and merc it, like Han Solo!"

"I gotta what?"

"Just get up on it and stab it in the dick"

"You're the wizard why the loving gently caress are we doing this?"

"Because it's guarding a trove of epic herbs and we need them!"

*eye pupils turn into cartoon marijuana leaves*

"Did you say herbs?"

I have never seen a Kevin Smith film but I imagine they go like this

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

one week left, man. i cant believe it

It should be a law that every game comes out on a Friday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used DS4 with everything and haven't had a problem. The only thing is that 90% of games have Xbox prompts but now I'm just mentally wired to think X = square, Y = triangle etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really excited for this game. Hopefully there is a preload option.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm going to wait and make sure this capcom pc port isn't unplayable first. But then I'll get it...

I would normally do this but steam is now really good about refunds so I don't mind jumping in ASAP to try it out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't understand why people liked the game so much in this forum whenever it came up because I was thinking I had played about two hours of it and it was the blandest RPG I'd played in a long time until I realized I was thinking about Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

38 Studios founder Curt Schilling said that the style of the game would be a marriage between God of War and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.[8]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

And, it goes without saying I would think, that Zelda style is the best, as far as open worlds go.

Agreed. I like where there's something like 4 to 6 towns and everything else is a lawless monster infested hellscape

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The forecasted high for this weekend is 1 degree. Looks like I'm going to be spending 3 days straight under a blanket playing 60fps Dragon's Dogma.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day. How robust is the character creator

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yeah! Tempted to stay up late and at least make my guy, if it unlocks at 12AM EST.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

One character, one pawn. You can summon two more from other players.

I might make Undertaker and Paul Bearer then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would like to play this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be playing with DS4, so hopefully the controller support is good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Starting this now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried to make David Bowie but none of the hair styles really fit so I ended up with a generic twink.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man I might try to crank it to 120. I didn't know about that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat I didn't realize how big the monsters you right in this game were. This is awesome!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I was fighting a troll earlier and it did a suplex to try and get me off its back, but I jumped and did a smash attack for big damage on its freaking face. Then I rode it off a cliff because the dumbass AI charged off a cliff, and lived, just like Wormskull said.

I killed a troll by goading the AI into fire and it's whole lower torso lit up in flames while I was climbing around its back and it kept trying to shake me off until it turned into a pile of ash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also got WTF owned by a group of bandits. These mother fuckers do not mess around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I have a warrior woman and an elf archer because I have AIDS.

Fairy Bowie-esque wizard accompanied by a 7 foot female adonis with enough muscle to tear apart my main character limb from limb, here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

are spells gay in this game [gAY as a PERJORATIVE] like in dark souls that make it a bOERING game or whate. or are they cool

I made a spell guy and he's fun, even his early level spells. My favorite is the ice spell which makes you glow blue and if you get close to dudes they just freeze and your pawns will explode them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I like that it relies on solid combat mechanics and good character control for difficulty instead of like, Dark Souls where 90% of the difficulty is getting killed by the one-hit move you didn't know about or stepping on a trap or being knocked off a cliff by accident because half the map of any one game is a path over a bottomless pit for some reason.

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to the capital and holy hell this game is dense with content. I spent like 20 minutes poring over upgrade and equipment options haha. Amazing!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there any requirement for the advanced vocations? It didn't list any but that seems odd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

Level 10. And you gotta pay to unlock em, one time.

Cool. I'm gonna max out Wizard and then try a magic archer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

For a while my pawn was sorc but i hadnt gotten an archistaff yet so she would just run and jump around with enemies chasing her.

I'm thinking of switching my pawn to sorc and make them a full time buff maniac.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

so is the game audio low for anyone else?

It is for me. I have to remember to turn my speaker volume way down after I close the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

I wish they could heal.

They can, there's a healing spell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

Sorcs cant cast Anodyne.

Oh sorc is Advanced Wizard, apologies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The hut hidden deep in the foggy woods, ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the electric hwhip is badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was walking around the castle city and randomly got thrown in jail. This is gay, and I can't revert the save because there's only one save as far as I can tell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I just opened the door. But it's the principal of the matter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

there's some ogre thing that loves women in the pawn dungeon that keeps kicking my rear end and i can't hurt him much...fuuuu

I was struggling mightily against him until a pawn with Ogre Knowledge I had with me said I'll Handle This! and then they both fell off the spiral, but the pawn warped back to my side after falling too far away from me and the ogre immediately died.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could probably do r on purpose by climbing on its back to trigger the fall backwards to shake you off animation and then just jump off and watch it fall to its to doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at the guy involved in a undead summoning death cult that after you chase the group across mountains and corner one of the members he says "Oi mate I was just avin a laugh"

• Locked thread