Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's a good controller to use with Steam games? I'm not sure I want to play this kb + m.

Try a Keyboard & Mouse.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a huge folder of every funny screenshot of George from the whole series that someone could take and I'm not afraid to use it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Milkman posted:

my heart is open to accepting dragons dogma based on the people who say its good like good boy austin walker but please tell me why

Well what made me instantly like it despite not having the patience to play it with the really bad frame rate is I skipped a huge part of a dungeon by accidentally riding a cyclops off a cliff and it's corpse cushioned my fall and the game didn't even bat an eye. It's that kind of game most of at least what I played of it so if you want an open worldy game like that, then that's the one for you my brother.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Walrus Pete posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuE3w0JDtbY

Also pretty much what other people said. It's an open world RPG with excellent combat that rewards you for thinking instead of just wading in and mashing buttons. The actual open world part is kinda weak though, don't go in expecting a world like Skyrim's with towns and dungeons everywhere. There's the starting town and the main city, apart from that it's just a few small outposts with a countryside full of monsters in between.

Saying the Open World is weak, compared to skyrim, is really hosed up. Don't take this guy's post too seriously, Milk Man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's more of a Zelda style open world, or maybe Gothic or something, though it's not like where in Zelda you have to have items to access stuff really besides like key type items, but generally with a mix of ingenuity and combat skill and maybe some leveling up, you can get around to a lot of stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And, it goes without saying I would think, that Zelda style is the best, as far as open worlds go.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The weakness of the Skyrim open world is that though, is what I'm saying. I'll take it as just a poor choice of words my man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can't replicate the requirement of ingenuity or intuition or w/e to test a flight leaf or a hookshot on something outside of what a dungeon conditioned you to do, in a menu, IMO. Zelda isn't like mindblowing about what you can discover off the beaten path all the time but there's usually a distinction with stuff you just see your supposed to do and stuff you see your supposed to do but it's a little hidden and then other stuff that's like well you could try this because you have a hunch about it and it worked! wonderful.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mad Wack posted:

has anyone said dragons dongma yet?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Try Dragon's Dogema next time bud.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm pissed this isn't unlocking at midnight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Could someone please scout out the Games thread and see if there doing vpn mischief to unlock this game at a sensible hour?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Obi Wan saying Well, gently caress this poo poo made me poo poo meself laughing, I have to admit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game at 60 FPS...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I'm the world's most triggered beta cuck right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao The KBM controls look just as hosed up as Dark Souls...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually their not that bad but the menu ones are insane.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

About to boot this bad boy up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I'll let you know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Extremely quickly, but smoothly slides the height slider all the way up on female character.]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh it's not only 60FPS... 120 FPS is supported as well... Madre de dios...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's running at 120FPS for me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game looks freaking epic. I never thought I'd be that impressed by how a 8 year old or whatever game would look at 60+ fps, but here I am.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

can i play this game with a 1gb 650 and a i5.

I don't know. It seems like it's pretty well optimized though, like MGS5 level. From what I seen so far anyway.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea with vsync and variable frame rate on on my 120hz monitor it's at 120. 150 is epic though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm trying it with KBM for now until I find that it gets sickening to do that but it seems alright, but I may take a crack at it with the steam controller.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

can a steam controller act as a mouse and controller at the same time with bindings or like does it have to only bind stuff as one type of controls per preset

One of the features is you can use one of the track pads in mouse mode but that turns out to play a little differently per game because some games take up like a bunch of CPU cycles to change between controller and mouse mode for whatever reason so you might get hitching and stuff doing it. YMMV.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

drat I didn't realize how big the monsters you right in this game were. This is awesome!

You can climb on there heads and poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:worship:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game is godlike and they basically answered my prayers by putting it on PC. Lot of good poo poo popping off in gaming in Q4 2015-Q1 2016...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I'm going to be a very tall powerful warrior lady and my pawn will be a stout big boy with a baby face that buffs me, sort of like what if a WWE Diva had a Bobby Heenan style manager.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

drat I forgot how badass hard mode was... Even the little goblins murk you in one hit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also forgot how cool the pawns are since they know different stuff and have different insights to tell you and crap.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here's my boy Edwin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's epic how surprising this game can be, for something that flew under the radar because of Dark Souland Skyrim s or w/e.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Rook yelled Goblins ill like fire! and then set a goblin on fire and killed it and then kneeled down and prayed for it's soul.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFpMBWFShHs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Noticed a bit of a fail though... hair doesn't render shadows...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

• Locked thread