Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I liked the scene where they all had to fight a giant monster made out of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, that sucked. I need to stop reading Games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's a good controller to use with Steam games? I'm not sure I want to play this kb + m.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Harrow posted:

group-cast with your wizard companions.
I had no idea about this. Will Mage/Sorcerer pawns do this with each other? I always had two borrowed magic pawns, to go with my Ranger character and Warrior main pawn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Finally making the long trek north to that fortress with all the goblins was amazing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Can you make your character and the pawns or just your character?
One character, one pawn. You can summon two more from other players.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This looks really good. Also, lmao.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Fairy Bowie-esque wizard accompanied by a 7 foot female adonis with enough muscle to tear apart my main character limb from limb, here.
What are you playing in the game?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I was walking around the castle city and randomly got thrown in jail. This is gay, and I can't revert the save because there's only one save as far as I can tell.
It takes like a minute to get out, maybe less.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jerkops posted:

Another pawn story: took my friend's level 30 sorc pawn just after I unlocked the rift, then went to the well dungeon in the fishing village. Just as I was figuring out how to fight the lizard men all hell broke loose and poo poo just started exploding all over the cave, that pawn killed every one of them with fire spells before I even got the chance to take down a single one. Then I learned about the penalty to xp for using higher level pawns :sigh:
I love the well cave.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love when games stick something mid-level right at the start, so you keep coming back to see if you can tackle it yet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

This was the bandit fort for me but I failed so many times early on I got scared and by the time i felt strong enough to tackle it I was an OP wizard and rained hellfire from above and wiped out the whole camp in seconds. Which is also was cool for a totally different reason
Bandits are a ton easier for a Strider early on than either of the other classes. I never had a lot of trouble with them, then briefly played a melee character and got wrecked by the sword guys with the insane damage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

is there a reason to max rank the little dots. i have 8 dots as a strider. want to change to a assassin or maybe a bow baby
Ranger is amazing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

klapman posted:

my main pawn fell off a ledge after jumping around like a loving idiot so I grabbed the other two pawns and threw them off too and kicked rear end on my own for an hour instead

gently caress pawns
Assassin gets a skill that makes you powerful if you are alone.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I never used that because I felt like it wouldn’t make up for lacking three other party members. Also because I love my pawns and would be lonely without them.
It's useful for killing the giant optional superboss with a high-strength Assassin and a pair of holy daggers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

klapman posted:

is that an augment or a core skill? if its an aug i'm respeccing right now
I don't remember offhand. I played a few years ago.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

When fighting big monsters I feel like I'm doing 90% of the work but most of the time the pawns are cool to have around and I will always have at least one on hand for magic buffs.
Having the fire weapon enchantment on a pawn is super useful.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

sofia posts like he's always riding the crest of a manic episode
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Your thing about Dark Souls is super weird.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

This griffon quest has turned into quite the unexpected epic adventure. I got all the way out to this crazy rear end tower and realized I didn't have a portostone. Everybody is at like 1/4 health and I gotta beast this place. Time to brew a cup of tea and dig in
The canyon and tower are two of my favorite places in the game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm going to buy this on PS3. I forgot how much I liked it, and I don't have regular access to a gaming PC right now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd forgotten how much stronger than all the other bandits the one sword and shield guy is. Like twenty times as strong and as much health.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

he one shot me last night at like level 40 and i yelled what the fuuuuuuuck
I used to think it was a bug, but the expansion never changed it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I forgot on the PS3 version of Dark Arisen you only get the infinite ferrystone if you have a regular Dragon's Dogma save file already. Oh well. Good thing I love the landscapes in this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

You can buy as many as you want, they're pretty cheap.
Who sells unlimited ones? The only shop I found ran out after 3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wandered around at night and got lost, then encountered a cyclops. I could only see him by the glow from his eye and the parts of his fur we lit on fire. It was a great fight.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish i had more carry weight. i can carry 50 and i almost always end up at mid carry weight from looting

i picked up 60 skulls at once near the entrance to BBI and ended up past overweight
I love when that happens. You killed too many skeletons!

Now give those skulls to whoever you want to fall in love with you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love that I get to the castle and a bunch of people immediately tell me to meet them secretly at night.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rangers murder the poo poo out of griffons but nobody plays them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Rangers just sound kind of boring, I guess, even if they aren't in practice. They sound like Striders without the climbing/stabbing or Magick Archers without the, uh, magick.

Great Gambit sounds cool as h*ck though.
I liked it a lot the first time I played through part of the game, but I'm having more fun with Assassin. Rangers completely destroy large monsters, especially with a mage enchanting your arrows, but all they do well is bows, and you spend a lot of time recovering your stamina.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I should hire a ranger pawn. My main is a warrior and I usually roll with two mages.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

On my NG+ guy I'm gonna cheat and give myself infinite stam for the griffon hunt quest to see if the game will let me ride the griffon all the way back to his nest and then kill him.
That would be amazing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I actually think it looks good on PS3, but I look forward to seeing how great it is on a PC someday.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

God replaying this with a totally new style is going to be great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How playable is Bitterblack without a good source of rift crystals? I'm playing on PS3 and so nobody will ever hire my pawn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It would be cool if my pawns would actually dodge the cockatrice's breath.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dear dumbass mage I hired: stay off the griffin's back. What do you think that will do?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

I hate that pawns never ever figure out to get out of deaths way on bitterblack
I also switched my main pawn from Warrior back to Fighter because I got sick of watching them use Arc of Deliverance on the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love how completely unexplained the Ur-Dragon is. You go through this door in the Everfall and all of a sudden you’re in a hosed up metal album cover landscape with meteors raining down on destroyed cities and this massive zombie dragon covered in Arisen’s hearts flies down from a void that’s consuming space, and your pawns are just like “hey Arisen that’s the ur-dragon lol”
It's the largest dragon.

• Locked thread