Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

blatant first post threadshitting looking for emptyquotes, you really are beyond salvation now. RIP to you, killed by being mod, like every other dumbass who can't handle it.

:prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry about the thread OP. I await Dragons Dogma with an open heart.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Switching between SNES controller layout and modern 360 button layout really puts my brain through the fucker.

I just bind the buttons based off layout instead of color or whatever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My hands and feet are permanently sweaty as gently caress so I haven't used my steam controller much lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even know what class I'll play first. Maybe the Sword Guy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

its installing, so it might be live right now

edit: it's go time!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Made a fighter... btw... check your stash in the tavern first thing. I had some armor and a ring that buffed my fighter skills in there from the DLC I guess.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragg posted:

With it equipped my blink strike is unbelievable.

Yeah same. It oneshots or nearly oneshots all the weak lovely enemies. It's pretty badass.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you mean 120Hz.

Anyway this game is sick. My good friend khrits taught my pawn to grab zombies and throw them off of cliffs.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On a side note, to exit my village I had to walk up and push B on a closed gate. A CLOSED gate. That is so unintuitive. Why would I assume a closed gate would lead me out? A door I can understand since it can be opened and closed easily by one person. But this is a portcullis. Anyway, moving on.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was fighting a troll earlier and it did a suplex to try and get me off its back, but I jumped and did a smash attack for big damage on its freaking face. Then I rode it off a cliff because the dumbass AI charged off a cliff, and lived, just like Wormskull said.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I think I'm going to be a very tall powerful warrior lady and my pawn will be a stout big boy with a baby face that buffs me, sort of like what if a WWE Diva had a Bobby Heenan style manager.

I have a warrior woman and an elf archer because I have AIDS.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

It's epic how surprising this game can be, for something that flew under the radar because of Dark Souland Skyrim s or w/e.

I like that it relies on solid combat mechanics and good character control for difficulty instead of like, Dark Souls where 90% of the difficulty is getting killed by the one-hit move you didn't know about or stepping on a trap or being knocked off a cliff by accident because half the map of any one game is a path over a bottomless pit for some reason.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was kinda sad about that part because I was playing a fighter and didn't have the attack where you jump in the air and stab something and my lovely pawns didn't break the floating talisman things that generate the fog. So I probably missed out on sweet loot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragg posted:

I would use your pawn but alas, I can only see like 4 peoples.

If it wasnt spawned for some reason you can open up a list with the riftstone and summon your friend's poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its kinda strong I guess but the armor they're selling in Gran Soren is almost as good so I don't think so.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found a different ogre or whatever just like that one and my strider pawn jumped on its head with me and we stabbed the gently caress out of it for Massive Damage.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

They aren't as bad as a fighter type because you get the move that just turns you into a train and you knock everybody over while your pawns cast spells.

I have trouble with the mages more than anything because I forget about them and them I get impaled with a 40 foot ice pillar and killed by the sword n board bandits.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's really insane that this game has a Main Menu with two buttons that say Main Menu and Exit.

Where else would they put the Manual button? The Main Menu instead of the Title Menu?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I walked for 15 minutes and misjudged a jump and instantly died and lost all the progress, so I took a sip of my coffee and played Metroid for a bit to cool down.

This game has a very lame checkpoint system. I have done something similar to myself like 5 times now. Last time I walked around the forests for like an hour before getting wrekt by a chimaera and I hadn't saved since I last left Gran Soren.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

It took nearly 30 minutes to make this decision meself.

Thats why my pawn and main char are both chicks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The obviously pitch-shifted voices sound so, so retarded.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Half the point of the open world in this is what if you stumble into battle unprepared. Endless sprint is not only cheating in battle but just in running around if you run into a battle with low stamina, your supposed to be boned.

Yeah but its annoying as gently caress when you're just trying to get around. I don't want to do the unlimited sprinting mod but I feel like half drain for sprinting would be enough since it feels like I'm two or three sprints between every battle anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The Watergod Altar dungeon was cool

Did you figure out what to do with the door with a hollow in it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Put a key in it.

What key.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only have trouble with melee guys when I don't stagger them with the charge but usually if I cast it immediately after, they get tossed on the ground so whatever.

Anyway I beat the well cave at level 5 :smuggo:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is awesome lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait are you talking about the bandits behind the Saurians. Because I did that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Is the blue marker that's always at the starting city the DLC?

I think so. By the way if you start that and then just leave it unlocks the teleport option on your teleport items, so you can fast travel back later when you want to try it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like that your npcs barge into every home and start going mmmmm, what's this, and commence looting and destroying every pot and pan. kind of a nice to see your jrpgs actually looting and ransacking the home of every peasant, instead of just pressing a in front of their cupboards like in chrono trigger and final fantasys

No wonder everyone says the pawns are creepy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

There;s some benefits to that too if you're taller you have more reach on swings and stuff & you get more carry weight and its harder to lift you. But the stam is generally more useful.

I notice my mage that is a little smaller and lighter than my main pawn and hero takes way longer to break out of grabs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ran into the Drake at Devilfire Grove and died like 5 times. The wiki claims this is the only Drake outside of the post-game or DLC, so I figure it's here for a freaking reason and it is my duty to savage this thing no matter how many tries it takes. Plus I'm really far from Cassardis and I don't want to walk back

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Playing a single player action RPG with a wiki open for your first time... Come on man.

I couldn't find the weak spot, and I also wanted to know if it was going to be possible for me to kill before I got mad and turned the game off. But its not

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im starting to really hate fighting big enemies even though the climbing is fun, because all the pawns I've used are retarded and stand still and get wrecked by everything and I have to constantly pick them up instead of fight

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In theory that sounds cool to customize your pawn but in practice I'm just going to let them keep being useless because I'm lazy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Lvl 30 is about where you wanna be to beat him.

I'm level 22 and he whipped my rear end in two hits

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkops posted:

drat I really need to remember to save in this game

MGS5 and GTA5 spoiled me wrt good saving in open world games, now an OK game feels horrendous

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might swap to Strider or Assassin since they get better buffs to climbing on enemies and thats extremely my poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You don't get loot for throwing ppl off of cliffs though. I have loot lust

Is there a way to like, advance time quickly when ur far away from towns. I don't want to fight those stupid ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway I found a sword stuck in a stone overlooking the sea, and now I have a permanently burning sword. Epic.

• Locked thread