Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I used DS4 with everything and haven't had a problem. The only thing is that 90% of games have Xbox prompts but now I'm just mentally wired to think X = square, Y = triangle etc.

same. i played all of MGSV with ds4 + xbox button prompts and it has permantently changed how my brain works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Paper Triangle posted:

is there...no fast travel? or have i just not unlocked it or something?

you gotta walk buddy.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

can i play this game with a 1gb 650 and a i5.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

well i can run MGSV at 60fps no problem so i think im probably good then.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

this game is awesome. i am a cool strider girl with white hair

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

my pawn is a brooding prince of darkness

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i fuckken love this game. strider is a cool class and swapping back and forth from daggers to bow mid battle like a baus is giving me a chub right now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

playing it in 60 frames per second coupled with the fact the first time i played it was on a copy i rented from GameStop during the month that i worked there (yea... dem gamer perks doe) and it was hard to get into fully cuz i knew i had to return it soon is making this play through a very strong amount of pure win right now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the sentence structure in that post is kind of gently caress tarded but i think y'all know what i meant. cheers

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

is the dlc type armor shiz that's automatically in your storage OP or somethin.. im wearing some of it and it's making my character look cool as hell

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

this game is so good lol. when i woke up prolly the 3rd or 4th thing i thought about was playing more of it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

how do i get it to recognize my ds4 as a Xbox controller instead of whatever the hell numbers for button prompts im getting now. when im in menus using the dpad it gives me xbox prompts but as soon as i hit a button it turns into gay numbers. i don't like using kbm for games like this but maybe i will have to. sigh.,

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

that's okay.. im just gonna use my key board and mouse

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Im too excited to play this game, so I havent played any of it due to anxiety.

Anxiety Gamers unite! :hfive: You are not alone brother.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

strength in numbers, arisen

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

This game has a very lame checkpoint system. I have done something similar to myself like 5 times now. Last time I walked around the forests for like an hour before getting wrekt by a chimaera and I hadn't saved since I last left Gran Soren.

I got p0wned by the same one while fighting like 8 bandits and also a literally never ending reapawning pack of wolves. every time i would kill the wolves more would spawn in some times right in front of m. and then a really strong skeleton knight showed up too and i died like 20 times trying to figure out what the hell your supposed to do there lol. it feels like i walked 1000 miles into the wilderness for no reason cause there's no way i can beat this part. QQ

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i murdered all wolves

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Idk if I should make a spicy lady my pawn, or my main char.

It took nearly 30 minutes to make this decision meself.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

shadow fort ftw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Where the flip do I find moonglow.

When I was doing that quest I couldn't find any either and so said gently caress it and eventually like 4 hours later and I'm nuts deep in the wilderness and I found a couple but it wasn't enough for the quest + idr where I was. Cheers.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Well you only need one which I found it but it might be you cancelled the quest by leaving the vicinity of Cassardis.

yea actually I think your right cause it ain't on my list anymore. whateva

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Add me to the list of ppl who rode the troll to the bottom of the tower. Lol this game is sooo good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the way your character is like 'phew that scared the poo poo out of me' and breathing heavy and you can't move for a few seconds is awesome

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

you have to interact with the thing under the stone

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

yea my guys die almost constantly when im fighting big enemies. they get up and get 1 shot immediately x100 times per battle its kind of annoying

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

japanese man thinking about what number comes after 199: what number is it called after 199 dude.
another japanese guy: where does a circle begin

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

while i was thinking of what to post wrt 200 and infinity wormskull already did it and funnier. gently caress this gay earth

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i got pissed off at the lovely sword pawn that i've had since i talked to him on the way to gran soren for the first time and is half my legvel for literally always dying before getting a single attack in so i threw him off a cliff into the ocean. catharsis

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Sword Pawn after falling 1000 feet and breaking every bone in his Body upon impact with the ocean: What a gaffe.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I can't tell if the Strider's dodge roll is faster than sprinting but it doesnt use any stamina and actually your stamina regens while you do it so I roll everywhere mostly now.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Well its more like you sprint until stamina is almost gone -> roll until its full again -> repeat for 20 minutes and your on tope of the mountain or wherever your trying to go. Thats my traveling tips for all you players out there

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

magic archer is so cool class

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Squeezy Farm posted:

it pisses me off that there isnt a general dodge move and you gotta press two buttons and use the daggers instead of a cool sword to get it + double jump.

yea it's kind of dumb

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I havent fought them but I heard they do the extremely badass anime laser thing where theres a delayed explosion after the laser sweeps by

loving win.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I want to play this but I also want to watch Bacon_Donut AND I want to play Minecraft AND I want to play mario maker... This is a nightmare.

Um, First World problems much? :rolleyes:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

SM64Guy posted:

i played for 7 hours today, i love this game.

me too. im starting to think that its one of my favorite rpgs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Madeleine is awesome.

She's my bae

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

bitterblack isle is fuckin sick

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

idk im level 28 and i can handle most of the enemies fine but i went too deep and found a giant cyclops chained to the wall and all my pawns were like dude... let's get out of here bro and i got one shot by a mega harpy that dive bombed me. so i don't know basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Well I'm peacing out from this thread since it looks like it's about to become Dark Souls style.

Lates.

• Locked thread