Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

FactsAreUseless posted:

I had no idea about this. Will Mage/Sorcerer pawns do this with each other? I always had two borrowed magic pawns, to go with my Ranger character and Warrior main pawn.

Yeah I'd usually run double meteor pawns and they channel together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Can;t wait to purchase this on steam and put it on my laptop and learn exactly who has and who has not come to feel safer when gran soren is in sight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

My pawn is going to be a man.

Why is this thread filled with trolls. Hol y poo poo.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm going to wait and make sure this capcom pc port isn't unplayable first. But then I'll get it...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Except for the expansion all the dlc stuff for this game was basically just cheats... I'd recco against using the rings.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

tornado spell is great when you cast it and all the enemies get whipped up into the air by a giant tornado, slightly less good if a pawn casts it and your entire screen goes black because you're in that tornado.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wormskull posted:

If you make a real short character it seems like you could go into holes and stuff.. It's epic that even height and weight things mean stuff besides just weird Japanese fetish numbers they put in games sometimes.

Shorty skinny characters are the best because they get the most stamina

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

HolePisser1982 posted:

i shouldnt have defaulted to making the biggest fattest beefiest character, i guess

There;s some benefits to that too if you're taller you have more reach on swings and stuff & you get more carry weight and its harder to lift you. But the stam is generally more useful.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

There are some extremely slutty outfits in this game.

Guess what folks... I'm a drat pervert.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If they're on your steam friends then probably.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

You just want every single pawn scather except I think maybe theres a different one you want on your mage so they heal. In theory there's a lot of useful stuff but in practice scather is just the most active.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Max level is 200 and instead of 200 it has the infinity sign because this game was made in japan.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

PRESIDENT OF NISSAN ZAIBATSU: 24 is the biggest number

OL (OFFICE LADY): H... Hai.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Double sorc pawns do a shitload of damage, Rangers can do good damage, fighter/warrior pawns are kind of worthless imo. Depends on what you're playing. Typically if something is a climbing on a big monster the monster deals with that rather than ground targets so if you're playing any rogue variant typically you're climbing on the monster and pawns can shoot it pretty safely, or alternately you can have a pawn hop on while you magic archer it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's pretty hard to get too far past the first goreclops room if you're too low level but don't worry about being over leveled everything just gets crazier and crazier the deeper you go.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The transition from mid air acrobatics and hitting enemies and double jumping around and stuff straight into splatting into the ground is the best.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Because I played this on xbox I know the secret... Gotta make your pawn a babe in little panty so you get rented all day.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I don't care for the falling.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm not a fan of mystic knight because you just end up setting up your big Japanese drum and pounding on it all fight but give it a shot... Not like it costs anything to switch jobs.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I want a nude mod for this but the nude models part isn't important what has to happen is when the game boots up and it shows you the rating a big scratch goes over "partial" and spray-paint writes FULL and an electric guitar screeches like an eagle.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Those drop the best loot / upgrade items but they're too hard to fight till you're stronger... eventually you cna use corpse juice to summon them and farm them.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

SM64Guy posted:

i never tried magic archer before and im having a lot of fun with it, bbi is starting to kick my rear end though. does bbi get tougher in ng+ liek the base game?

Nothing gets tougher in NG+ except if you set hard on.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The best part about magic archer is the bouncing shot because you can lure everything in bitterblack into the smaller hallways and hit them 500 times a shot.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

program666 posted:

what's even the deal with RCs? the only way to even spend RCs is by enlisting pawns outside the rift but we can do very specific searches on the rift to summon a pawn that will be absolutely perfect for what we want and it's free

RC does 3 things:

1. you can rent high level pawns
2. you can buy cosmetic items like hats and rings or give your pawn a new look
3. bitterblack isle gear is "cursed" and to turn it into useful gear you have to purify it which costs rc. This is the main actual use of RCs.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

You know how on the mainland mobs sometimes drop 100 rc or 50 rc or whatever, on bitterblack mobs can drop up to 5k. It's completely playable even offline but you've got to be more picky. Also on bitterblack there's broken rift stones that you can repair with crystals to change pawns mid dungeon, I'd avoid those if you're low on crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

It would be cool if my pawns would actually dodge the cockatrice's breath.

I hate that pawns never ever figure out to get out of deaths way on bitterblack

• Locked thread