Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

Why are these good people engaging in theological minutiae here, instead of in the proper forum of TFR?

Nice backseat modding. Why don't you keep your repulsive opinions to somewhere they are appreciated like some page 2 thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

fishmech posted:

In all seriousness handguns are by far most common in crime, and also pretty loving lovely for legit uses.

How's you're 50th gun suiting ya? Do you finally feel safe? Or are you going to try again for 51?

Oh hey look, effectronica's internet defender. Nice to see you beat the chicken loving charges again.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Flowers For Algeria posted:

The only thing guns allow people to do effectively is to increase the mortality of black people. And you're calling that sport, recreation or self-defense. So, uh.

Why do you keep posting in threads about Gun control in America? We know you are terrified of guns and gun owners and you live in an earthly paradise where the state has a monopoly on force, you've made that very clear. Also that you are offended by the freedom and opinions of people that disagree with you. This particular thread should really trigger you since its purestrain leftist fantasy that California's gun laws will ever spread outside California. Even leftist bastions like NYS won't go that far.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Murdering black people is not "sport" or "recreation", you psychopath.

Also, it's already illegal. But you're more interested in retarded culture war posturing than you are in black lives. That's to be expected from a rigid ideological bigot though I suppose.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Cheap handguns account for the vast majority of gun violence, while assault rifles are almost never used.

Although you have correctly identified the problem with the majority of gun control regulation: they target weapons that are rarely used for gun violence (but they look oh so scary!) and the other problem is that gun control fails because the US has so many cheap handguns already in circulation.

"Assault rifles" rank below baseball bats, hammers, and fists, in cause of deaths. I look forward to Barack Obama tearfully decrying death by hammers on his next infomercial on cnn.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Shakenbaker posted:

So what you're saying is that people tend to use things they have rather than things they don't have. :wow:

Nope. There are tens of millions of assault rifles in circulation. They aren't used in crimes, and wasting political capital outlawing something that's used in a vanishingly small fraction of gun crimes is a perfect encapsulation of a political party run by ignorant echo chamber culture warriors. That, or they really want to see President Trump.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Shakenbaker posted:

First off, I am not completely ignorant about guns, and I have some familiarity with them. I used one to shoot at jars of tannerite with my brothers on Christmas day, even :v: But I don't think of them as special or necessary, either. They are just things; things that don't matter a whole hell of a lot outside of the fact that some people get so fetishistic about them.

Secondly, my specific gripe was that this:

Is a bad argument because no poo poo they do. I mean for god's sake most people are with two fists so of course they see a lot of use.

I completely understand that pistols and shotguns are more useful for your common ~nefarious doings~ but that isn't a great argument in favor of assault weapons being super easy to get in my eyes.

"Assault" weapons are super easy to get though, unless you think driving to Walmart and spending $400 is beyond the average persons capabilities. The biggest reason for this is the liberal retards that came up with the term "assault rifle" to describe super common sporting rifles. If there was any causal link between the ease of getting a weapon and how many people are killed by it, perhaps one of you grabbers could share. I mean I just got a new set of wusthof kitchen knives that cost a lot less than the last rifle I bought and I didn't even have to go through a background check.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

They proposed an AWB and background checks. The background checks on their own would have had much more support.

A new AWB is dead in the water just about anywhere. The single-issue voters get riled up about them and vote in droves. The people in the middle that don't really like either party may vote the other way or just stay home when forced to choose between two uninspired candidates that differ in one way they somewhat care about.

It's really easy to say AWBs are stupid and unnecessary by using the statistics. It's harder to stand against things like universal background checks, cheap handguns that are of such poor quality that they fall apart after a few rounds, etc.

If we're using voter turnout as evidence that reasonable gun owners don't exist, then what does that say about the masses of people that supposedly want AWBs and such, but fail to show up and vote about it?

Awbs are popular in the same places and with the same people that are fond of telling us what correct acceptable thought is, and basically nowhere else. Fortunately their reign of micro aggressive terror is about done.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Literally The Worst posted:

who had three pages in the "how long will it take to point out you can kill people with knives" pool

While evil weasel and his various supplicants mew endlessly about how deadly semi automatic rifles with evil black plastic on them are, I pointed out that very few people die every year from assault rifles compared with pretty much every other cause of death. There are tens of millions of evil black rifles in the us, how can such a menace be used in so few deaths?

Edit: sorry responded twice

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

what is this illegal thought you have

let me guess you're also really angry about people telling you you can't say racist poo poo

gee, who would have guessed

Um, no? Nice projection though. Seems like you're mad you can't probate people for the crime of wrongthink anymore. Maybe go complain to tumblr.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

SedanChair posted:

Man I could write a bill that is more comprehensive and more likely to pass.

But I won't because I serve evil :smugdog:

You, or most literate gun owners. The anti 2a types could spend an afternoon in basically any hunter safety course or even any gun range introduction class and they would be able to do that, but I guess it's better to remain smug in ignorance than to attempt to legislate from a position of knowledge when all you're really trying to do is otherize the political opposition and score points in the culture war.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

no poo poo, but what's the venn diagram between gun owning liberals and people who scream about liberals telling you how to think on the internet look like

im betting its just two circles

You would lose that bet

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

You do know that people in congress don't fire up microsoft word and type out bills, right? Anyway, the reason the AWB was what it was is because it targets guns that the militia types covet.

Wow, so there are like 50 million militia types? No wonder you and your fellow moms against guns are so terrified.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

yeah that's why i asked what those evil liberals told him he can't think, i wanna make fun of him appropriately

so, what did the big mean liberals say to you

Nothing that was based in any sort of supportable logic, of course

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Astrofig posted:

Most people who don't like guns aren't afraid of guns in and of themselves, but the rabid-animal mentality that tends to come with owning a gun. Suddenly they tend to see 'enemies' everywhere, and the least little thing becomes worth killing someone over. Guns themselves don't kill people. Crazy inbreds who masturbate to the thought of a one-million-round full-auto self-targeting hand-held chain-gun, kill people----with all the guns they've collected the way lonely old ladies collect Precious Moments figurines.

So people who commit the vast vast majority of gun murders are crazy inbreds and all the rest of that pejorative nonsense you said? Are you sure you have thought through your position on this?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

so, nothing, because if they did actually say something you would be trotting it out to prove your point that liberals are gun-hating thoughtcrime motherfuckers

okay cool thanks guy

What are you are even trying to say here? You sure showed me, I guess.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

demonizing the opposition is only okay when you do it, i guess

Can you coherently state your position on the current legislation before the House? Or are you just here to rage against the Others?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

The Insect Court posted:

Given that gun violence is the leading cause of death for young black men any "liberal" who echoes the NRA and gun nuts and who doesn't want to be regarded as racist has one hell of an uphill climb.

You can't coherently be anti-racist and pro-gun.

Even evil weasels wettest gun control dream won't stop the sort of gun violence that's claiming so many young black men. Of course he and his fellow poseurs would rather claim a victory in the culture war than solve a problem.

Edit sorry bad work on my part

Pauline Kael fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 10, 2016

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

yeah i have no idea how people get tha

*another Pauline Kael post*

t silly idea, wherever does it come from, this idea about fervent "gun rights" people

How the mighty have fallen. Did you finally get a day job or something so you can't spend as much time sharing your deep wisdom?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

MaxxBot posted:

The top cause of death in my race and age group appears to be "poisonings" which means alcohol and drugs. Am I self-hating by being an opponent of alcohol prohibition and the drug war?

I guess the local gun range I go to is patronized by self-haters as well, man there sure are a lot of us.

But not nearly as important as the egos of the people in this thread that would like to take their rights from them.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

so whats your excuse

So you're either evilwesals parachute account or a pining suitor.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I went back and glanced at the list in the OP. There are certainly a number of pistols on that list which would kill the hell out of a bear.

There are also a number of guns that are really nothing more than safe queens or overpriced toys. The SPAS-12 is there. The AUG is there. The loving PSG-1 is on that list. It's as though someone just went through a list of scary guns and copy-pasted them onto a bill.

For what it's worth, handguns are useful for defending yourself from animals, and not just bears. Dogs. Loose dogs can ruin your day, or your pet's day, and it isn't fun trying to fight an 80lb dog with no tools. They're way better at it.

I honestly don't know why the act of defending yourself with a firearm is such a bad one in the eyes of some people.

Less of a gun-person thing, more of a people thing. People are often myopic and kind of dumb. You could replace guns with rocket fists and the result would be the same. I live in a poor area and I've seen a lot of people beaten, stabbed, etc, over the dumbest poo poo.

Stupid people with guns are why I don't go to public gun ranges anymore, though.

Stop adding facts and nuance to a gun thread in D&D, you're not helping

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

why are you painting everyone who disagrees with you with the same brush? you don't like it when people do that to gun owners.

Not everyone, evilweasals lil buddy

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

i dunno man you made a big deal out of how liberals are evil thought policers and tehn never backed it up with literally anything while gnashing your teeth about how mean people are being by mocking gun owners

which, i think you'll notice, i haven't done

because i've stopped giving a gently caress about gun legislation in america. none of it will ever be passed.

all i care about is holding assholes like you to your own standards

Nah you want to win a culture war and kiss ex-mod rear end, that's much different than being right.

Edit double reply

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

so making poo poo up is cool as long as you're doing it

Do you have anything to add or are you just gotchabot

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

i didn't realize pointing out blatant hypocrisy was a gotcha

Yeah maybe you should work more on that and less knob slobbing for a guy who can't help you anymore

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

SedanChair posted:

Believe it or not, these guys are all half-assing it independently

I'll take your word for it and leave it be. Let's talk more about the OP and the mystery of where Hillary will track on gun control in the general election

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

icantfindaname posted:

Whoever said gun owners should be shot, I agree. We can even take a page from The Donald's playbook and shoot their families too

It's a shame that you're so terrified of guns that the best you can do is fantasize about the armed leftist insurrection and killing gunhavers. It's a riot how you and your fellow betas always need someone else to carry out your violent plans.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

Obviously Pauline Kael is an alpha dog that leads the pack

Or a fish. Dunno which.

Hot take, poster commiegir. I'm sure you're part of the vanguard that's ready to carry out the violent plans of less able souls like icantfindname against the normals and their cishet traditionalist view of rights. Right after you finish that hot pocket and your dad lets you use his car, for sure.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

The number of times the word 'Gun' appears in your rap sheet.

Yeah you sure showed him, I doubt the second amendment can survive long against your moral and urgent onslaught.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

tell me more about your philosophy of betas, if you refuse to tell us about what particular thoughts the liberal thoughtpolice have been putting you in the public stocks and flogging you for

You're not a mod anymore, jackass. Keep up the good work though, I'm sure there some pedophile that needs some pro bono legal help.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

Not if my dad doesn't let me borrow the car.

Yeah too bad, icantfindname is getting shoved into a locker again and certainly can't start his gunhaver execution scheme from there with his underwear up over the point on his head. Maybe when you guys meet up at party headquarters you can go over how the plan went wrong but just be quick about it before the quarters run out or someone knocks on the booth door.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

You think about this way too much.

Not just this. On that note, fellow goons, I shall take my leave for this evening. Goddess bless,

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

OP: I am sorry that if a bill passes that will not pass you will lose some access to purchase a subset of tough guy cosplay accessories without additional paperwork. Is the trauma manageable with medication, or do you require therapy as well?

I support background checks for the purchase of anime.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

How far down the rabbit hole do you have to be that "The End of Firearms in America" is a scare-phrase instead of a beautiful dream

Because the rest of us aren't pants shittingly terrified of guns?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

The fastest computer in the world could not, before the heat-death of the universe, write a "hurrrrrrrrr" long enough to respond to this post

So youve hidden it well then, is what you're saying? Maybe under your American Rifleman mags where nobody would suspect? Crazy like a fox, Tezor!

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Booourns posted:

I'm sure you're aware after over 3 years here that you can buy custom titles for other people? If someone bought you a title saying "I'm a pedophile" would you leave this website in shame?

Yes, but then again, I'm not a pedophile

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

El Scotch posted:

We non-Americans find your gun obsession bizarre. Ah well, you'll sort it out one way or another.

Oh hey look another shitposter stealing that other guys schtick. Cams was it? Gungrabbing shitposters all kind of blend together. Funny how gun permit requests are sky rocketing in Europe these days, why is that? Are you all pussies now?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

El Scotch posted:

Truly we've reached the end times when you're calling someone a shitposter.

:bern101:

As a non American it's probably best for you to shut your sloppy whore mouth and leave this discussion to the adults

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Who What Now posted:

Nope. Gun nuts refuse to give them up, no matter how much blood is soaked into their collective hands.

Your contention is that it's the NRA types that are committing all the murders? Or are you saying something else? I wonder if you have anything besides your feels to back that up. Somehow I doubt it.

• Locked thread