Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It reminded me a little of watching Chihayafuru, in that I had no idea why everyone is starry-eyed about this thing, but it managed to draw me in anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

i did really like the first ep, but have to agree with Sakura that the "master" isn't given a whole lot of material to show off why he's so great. up until he got expelled, i genuinely expected Yotaro falling asleep to be a sort of "this Master is actually just overblown" moment, and for Yota to go off and study Sukeroku style.

Notice the point that Yotaro fell asleep was also the point where Yakumo's story was about falling asleep. Yotaro was so into his story that he fell asleep himself.

While I didn't find the story that interesting either, little details like that sucked me into the story anyway. It made the rejection heartbreaking.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We have clear hints about what happens next but I am not prepared. This show is going to break me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's been a while since a show has left me completely enthralled and left me wanting more, for every episode. It's 3 outa 3 so far. I'm so happy.

It's also going to feel very awful when everything goes to poo poo :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What do you mean less gay? It started out kinda gay and just got gayer with every scene. It was so good too! I love this amazing gay anime.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Please don't have a 'straight until proven gay' argument here tia

I'm pretty sure that this is a 'gay until proven straight' kind of show, in any case.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god shut the gently caress up.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That was the best performance scene yet holy poo poo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yakumo and Miyokichi's relationship was sad in a really deep way. I'm kind of shocked that they pulled it off so well.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

It's good and I feel terrible that I've fallen so behind on it (and everything else this season)

anime is patent, watch when it's right for you

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This episode kicked my rear end holy poo poo. It felt longer than the opener and I never wanted it to end.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is next week the last episode? Because I don't want it to end :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That probably won't happen, the first episode was actually the material from ovas released before the series began.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I deeply admire how this show can be so engrossing while also feeling very grounded, so I'm not really happy when it turns into something so melodramatic :(. I think the situation could have been even more gut wrenching without a tumble out the window. I still love the show to death, and the rakugo that made up the bulk of the episode was so so good. I'm gonna be so sad when a weekend comes and there's no new episode, I need season 2.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

What the hell is this? :catstare: It said episode 13 in the end, there better be episode 13 next week.

I said a weekend not next weekend. I'm sorry to scare you I'm preemptively morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That ended really well, holy poo poo. So loving pumped for season 2!!

• Locked thread