Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rangpur posted:

Now I know what Dave Barry was describing as 'traditional Japanese stand-up' in his book on Japan, so that's nice. Got a soft spot for shows that revolve some Japanese cultural thing or another that I've never heard of before. Unlike HanaYata (or whatever it was called), however, there's actually a good drama underneath.

If you're referring to the anime with traditional dancing, that's HaNaYaMaTa. If you're referring to the Anime starring Rakugo girls based on the manga written by the dude responsible for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, that's Joshiraku.

This show seems like the type of stuff I would gobble up in a flash, but unfortunately, I haven't had much time to watch anime as of recently... or anything else for that matter. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nipponophile posted:

What the hell is this crap? Jazz music? Adult characters with grown-up problems? Veteran voice actors who aren't in a teen idol group? This isn't going to sell merchandise!

While currently 43, I'll have you know that Tomokazu Seki is (still) moe AS poo poo, buddy!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

... phone-posting and service is kinda crap right now, but I'm guessing that's the gif where he's sexually-harassing Kappei Yamaguchi or whoever is dressed as Teddie in those Persona 4 live feeds when the anime / Golden was announced?

• Locked thread