Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I appreciate how both Yotaro and Bon have faces like a snake, Bon is just a smarter snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

Bon showing (very mild) attraction to a woman in the final scene. Which does count as less gay when the bar is raised so enormously high.

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm mostly thinking of the ending sequence with all the pulsing music as he hesitantly moved to embrace her, though that may have just been 'I can literally think of no other way to get out of this situation'.

Bon already had a girlfriend. Being uncomfortable around this woman and/or not interested in her doesn't equal "i wish i was home doing erotic rakugo with sukeroku".

Meanwhile Sukeroku got married and had a daughter. It's not even subtext, it's not text at all.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I'm happy to not do that.

I'm still really glad that they're doing full rakugo performances on a regular basis. Hopefully we'll get to see Bon nail one soon.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

It's been easy to read Yakumo/Bon as having a one-sided crush on Sukeroku. He's the only person he really lights up and emotes around, and his first girlfriend felt very much like a gay guy trying (and failing) to have a 'proper' heterosexual relationship. Just look at how stiff and inexpressive he was with her compared to how he was with Sukeroku in the same episode. Now, Sukeroku? Definitely heterosexual. It's just that his buddy has been raising a hell of a lot of flags.

You're not wrong since they're very close, but not every close relationship is necessarily love. I'm not going "straight until proven otherwise", I'm just not seeing that stuff as romance personally. Guess we'll see how it goes.

I need to see exactly where we are in the manga as of this episode, might be able to guess when we'll get back to Yotaro based on that.

Reds fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 30, 2016

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I love the rakugo dimension effect that has him off the stage and in the location that the story is taking place in. It was only used once, but it was a really cool effect similar to the OP.

• Locked thread