Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This was pretty interesting, I originally gave it as pass as having no interest in the subject matter and the last rakugo based thing I attempted to watch mostly went over my head.
Unfortunately, unlike Chihayafuru it didn't mange to make the make the subject interesting enough for a layman like me, Yotaro's monologue was amusing enough but the masters stuff was horribly dry. Fortunately outside of that everything else was pretty good and enough to hook me for now.

It is always going to be double length episodes or back to the usual 20-odd minutes next week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything Burrito posted:

Crosspost from the season thread since it answers a question asked earlier here as well:

Honestly I'm glad, usual anime length episodes are a lot more easy for me to swallow when it comes to shows like this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The second episode (third?) swept away any doubts I had and the second rakugo sequence actually made me laugh out loud. The only real problem was that I couldn't tell that the first was actually bad, it was only the reactions and music that made it obvious he was dying on stage.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm still amazed that a show that could so easily have ended up boring and dry manages to be so compelling instead.
I'm assuming that the woman from the end is whoever ends up being the mother of the girl from the first episode who's name I forget is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol less gay? Bon-chan says he's going to meet up with a girl later and good rakugo guy gets all pissy for 'no reason', then he spends the whole time with her looking horribly uncomfortable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please don't have a 'straight until proven gay' argument here tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kytrarewn posted:

They have to come back to the present, eventually, right?

Yeah, like the Berserk anime did

• Locked thread