Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Got my first cut. Wanna set it on fire or something but i need tp focus on the job at hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Got my first cut. Wanna set it on fire or something but i need tp focus on the job at hand

Take some butt-shots of that

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Too late i set the concrete on fire

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ok, careful there lil Enfield jr.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

No bad flavours at this point

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
About 500ml so far. Should be about 2 more litres if my calculations are correct

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Isaac posted:

Too late i set the concrete on fire

shouldnt it be burning blue instead?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mariana Horchata posted:

That's actually his piss after drinking some moonshine, piss burns yellow.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mariana Horchata posted:

I dunno you tell me

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
so you're gonna get like what, 3 handles?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

rabble rabble posted:

so you're gonna get like what, 3 handles?

Once i get it down to 40% should be about 5 litres

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I made a cut at 600ml and its at 85%.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
That's some Tomatoonshine alright.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dunno if its all that weed i smoked today but i can detect tomato flavour which isnt ideal.

I wanna turn up the water but if the fitting breaks again at this stage its gonna gently caress everything up.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Normal process is stilling it a few times but i was told this was a 'one pass' still whatever the heck that means.

If im not imagining the off flavours ill run it through again.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thinking of cutting it again to see if the taste has changed but if i keep doing this ill be ratshit

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Chase with mustard

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I upped the water and made a cut. See if it starts coming out cleaner

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cutting is when you seperate a portion and start filling a new container. Over the whole process different temperatures and volumes will change the taste. You got the first 100ml with poison. Hearts which are the purest part and tails which are usually added back into the hearts if they have good flavour. Most of the tails is stored and added to a future batch.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Reflux stills are designed to make it a long path for the ethanol to come out. The vapour rises and is cooled and rises and is cooled so only pure alcohol can make it through the end. Because i had the water a bit low it might not have been cooling enough and other flavours came through.

Now ive upped the water its slowed the output because less vapour is getting to the condensation point.

Gonna take anotger cut soon and see how the flavour has changed

Aug 4, 2010

i dont think any of this is a good idea OP

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

www posted:

i dont think any of this is a good idea OP

he's already dead

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If anything this cut tasted more like tomato. Im not gonna do anymore tasting cause im feeling a bit drunk now. Ill wait for a sober person to taste it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

What i got so far

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Latest cut 88% still got an off quality im gonna see if orange juice or tonic masks it otherwise im gonna havr to redistill it

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
redistil it and sell it to college kids out of the back of a van at an extreme markup as long as it's in mason jars

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im emptying the still about to start stilling again

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Isaac posted:

Theres cats hanging on the window sill where the hose connector is. If they gently caress this up im gonna be so peeved this laundry cannot handle another wild loose hose spraying water everywhere

OTOH cat vodka is pretty tasty stuff

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
So i got 2.7L at 78%. I think so safely redistill it ill need to take it to like 20% or something. Might ring my dad.

Bernie Sanders
Jan 9, 2016

Isaac posted:

What i got so far

keep posting until you die or go blind

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
So ive watered my 2.7 litres down to 30% so its not flammable and im running it theough again. Papa isaac said this should make it very pure and not take that long

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Okay we are in buisness again. Took another 100ml cut thats probably not necessary but cant be too safe. I got it refluxing about as much as possible and its coming through very slow. Will taste soon.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
2nd run is tasting good so far. Tomato taste is gone

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Isaac posted:

2nd run is tasting good so far. Tomato taste is gone

Set sail for a week you won't remember.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Stretch Marx posted:

Call it Pecky Becky's Black Label.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
All sorted i got 2L of 88%. Gonna let it air for a day then ill water it down

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

:kingsley: Isaac is on FIRE!!!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

I.C. posted:

:kingsley: Isaac is on FIRE!!!

I just checked all the fire prone parts of my body and im glad to say this is not the case.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Goodnight goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Masaokis makes booze?

• Locked thread