Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This game was loving old school in all of the best and worst ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4-460DBvFM

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Guys Joey Porter was still out there handing L's the the Bengals in tyool 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

berfict's hit looked pretty bad though, the only unfortunate thing is there was no replay angle that actually showed the point of impact but it did look like the helmets collided regardless

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm actually kinda glad the Steelers won now.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Auron posted:

Agreed, this is going on how many years that he can't control his loving animals?

Please don't associate this comment with my comment.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
At least hopefully this game will mean a game like this won't happen for the Bengals or steelers ever again.

I mean, being hotheaded cost you the super bowl, that is gonna haunt you forever

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Honestly I'm gonna go ahead and say the Bengals were probably hosed after that first flag anyway. The second one was just like a hilarious grave digging.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Disband the Bengals

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Quest For Glory II posted:

berfict's hit looked pretty bad though, the only unfortunate thing is there was no replay angle that actually showed the point of impact but it did look like the helmets collided regardless

It was a actually shoulder to helmet but it was still bad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah hahaha why would those refs want to try and nip escalation in the bud during this game

I agree, they should have flagged the coach who had no business being on the field around the players.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

These two insane retards just literally ended the Bengals season.

They gave the game away to the Steelers and are about to be loving pilloried by everybody, so get in on the action.

If you didn't watch, on a downfield pass Vontaze Burflict head hunted Antonio Brown over the middle to put them into field goal range, then Pacman got ANOTHER personal foul to make it a chip shot.

The Bengals aren't even in this game if it weren't for Burfict, it was his to give away imo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

He fired head first like e loving honda

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it
why isn't anyone mad at jeremy hill free burflict

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Clumsy Robot
Feb 17, 2005
How was Burfict even still in there, knowing he is completely unable to control himself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

but uh if the bengals fire marvin lewis that would be great. please do that cincinatti. please fire him so that he can perhaps take a job immediately in another division, say the NFC East

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

I don't think Burfict was trying to actually hit AB in the head, like on purpose to murder him I mean, in the replay. But it was obviously a penalty.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Well his head snapped 90 degrees so probably

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
The way that guy's head was flopping around on the way down made me kinda ill.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

and like. i dont like the afc north at all, and i dont like pacman. but i just dont loving understand how you throw that second flag, it's irresponsible

I'll agree with this, if there's something for Bengals fans to complain about at the end it's the call on Pacman. Burfict nailed a guy in the head, that call was legit.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I still don't understand what Pacman did

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Yeah that was pretty textbook defenseless receiver as I understand the rule. Burfict got greedy and made a risky tackle that backfired. And then the rest of the team set itself on fire.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GenericMartini posted:

He sorta pushed Joey Porter who was on the field poo poo talking for some reason (???) while AB was going off

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The only good thing that came out of this game is maybe Big Ben retires earlier and when the commentator said "Four fumbles for Jeremy Hill" I thought drat, a four fumble game, but he was talking about in the entire year. So, progress?

No, gently caress everything.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Burfict, dirty rear end play aside, also kept the Bengals in the game, although he did lose it for them too, its fascinating

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

GNU Order posted:

This game was loving old school in all of the best and worst ways

I can't think of a game in the last decade or so that was as rough as this game was, certainly not a playoff game.

...And I'll loving admit the last hour I was sitting on the edge of my seat enjoying every second... till Burfict blasted Antonio Brown, cause at that point the writing was pretty much on the wall, barring complete utter insanity...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
@GeoffHobsonCin 37s38 seconds ago
Marvin on Tez play: they deemed that a hit to the head and others weren't

lol Marvin is mad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GenericMartini posted:

Absolutely nothing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel bad for pac as he will be lumped in with Burlict which isn't fair at all.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Also this is maybe the first Bengals game I watched all year and Jesus gently caress is Burfict huge.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
loving Boomer Esiason ripping the Bengals a new one in the post game show over that performance

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Goetta posted:

He sorta pushed Joey Porter who was on the field poo poo talking for some reason (???) while AB was going off

Probably was on the field to check on Brown if I had to guess.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
I don't know how anyone could defend Burfict BEFORE this game so this doesn't surprise me at all.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Goetta posted:

I think Pacman AND Burfict were talking poo poo and I think both pushed coaches (doesn't Burfict push the grey haired guy or shoulder check him?).

It's arguably ticky tacky but if they can't hold back in that situation that's ridiculous.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Goetta posted:

I don't think Burfict was trying to actually hit AB in the head, like on purpose to murder him I mean, in the replay. But it was obviously a penalty.

Yeah

Clumsy Robot posted:

How was Burfict even still in there, knowing he is completely unable to control himself.

An "out of control" Burfict got a huge sack and a huge interception that should have cinched the game if the Bengals could have successfully handed the ball off three times

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The two most notorious guys on the team ratcheted it up to a whole new level now.
Once Lewis, Burfict, and Jones are all gone, the Bengals will have some tumultuous years ahead. I can see the NFL Films from 2026 now. It'll be like that Colts one after Bert Jones gets cremated on the field.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

Probably was on the field to check on Brown if I had to guess.

Yeah but why was he loving getting into it with the players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

@GeoffHobsonCin 37s38 seconds ago
Marvin on Tez play: they deemed that a hit to the head and others weren't

lol Marvin is mad

He should be mad about the noncall on the gio hit

• Locked thread