Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

So Burfict has knocked Bell out for the season two years in a row, and has now made both Ben and Brown miss games.

drat dude... drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Blarfk posted:

So Burfict has knocked Bell out for the season two years in a row, and has now made both Ben and Brown miss games.

drat dude... drat.

It was Reggie Nelson last year, not Burfict

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Bad move on the leagues part. After all the uproar, he should have at least been loving fined.

I think this is an indication that by the NFL's interpretation of the rule, it was a clean play. It also leaves the issue open so that they can make a new rule change/emphasis to address that type hit.

Also that play should have been a legit defensive touchdown and Ben/Brown should be healthy, aaaaaaahhhhhh

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It was Reggie Nelson last year, not Burfict

Whoops, you're right.

BUT STILL

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Moxie posted:

I think this is an indication that by the NFL's interpretation of the rule, it was a clean play. It also leaves the issue open so that they can make a new rule change/emphasis to address that type hit.

Also that play should have been a legit defensive touchdown and Ben/Brown should be healthy, aaaaaaahhhhhh

There is something fundamentally wrong with the league when the Shawn Williams hit is a penalty, the Shazier one is not even after review, and even in the world where the Shazier hit is perfectly legal (lmao) there is no recourse to award the Steelers a touchdown

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Eh, he hit a runner with the crown of his helmet and knocked him out of the game. It should have been a flag, and it should have been a fine.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Antonio brown is just ruled out for today until pacman apologizes. I choose to believe this is why he is out :v:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Burfict is a goddam hero

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Who invited JD Salinger

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

toxicsunset posted:

Who invited JD Salinger

I got that spelling from William F. Buckley

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAkr72EEjlI/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I guess this isn't breaking news or anything, but Pacman comes off as authentically mentally ill.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Munchak and Porter fined 10k each. That should really make them regret things!

My friend and I were trying to figure out realistically what the Porter fine would have to be in order for it to not have been worth it. For the organization it was worth probably a couple of million. It basically gave them a playoff win.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
10k is a joke jesus christ

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I don't think that Porter did anything wrong or even provocative leading up to the Adam Jones penalty. From what I've heard though he does a lot of jawing in general to the other team which is pretty lovely for someone who isn't on the roster.

The Munchak flag was earned but again a bit overblown, since the hair pull was incidental. I do think he didn't have to get so physical and was mad about a borderline hit out of bounds leading up to it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Frackie Robinson posted:

I guess this isn't breaking news or anything, but Pacman comes off as authentically mentally ill.

Eh, run of the mill mental illness, like my mother or father. Not full institutionalized mental illness like Titus Young.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Moxie posted:

I don't think that Porter did anything wrong or even provocative leading up to the Adam Jones penalty. From what I've heard though he does a lot of jawing in general to the other team which is pretty lovely for someone who isn't on the roster.

The Munchak flag was earned but again a bit overblown, since the hair pull was incidental. I do think he didn't have to get so physical and was mad about a borderline hit out of bounds leading up to it.

Players collide with coaches when pursuing the ball carrier out of bounds all the time. Why do you think a coach pulling a guys arm and hair for it is in any way excusable?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Players collide with coaches when pursuing the ball carrier out of bounds all the time. Why do you think a coach pulling a guys arm and hair for it is in any way excusable?

I don't think he meant to pull his hair at all, it got caught in a hand that was holding some papers not anywhere near the dude's head. Afterwards "he pulled his hair" was the narrative, even someone who didn't see the game mentioned it to me.

But yeah his armbar move was inappropriate and he didn't get away with it. Legit flag and as for the 10k I don't really care and neither does anyone else I expect.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It was the best of games, it was the blurst of glames.

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Frackie Robinson posted:

Was about to make a joke about cte but I watched the instagram video and

No he doesn't

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

I think that's good, even if insincere and a week late

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I think that's good, even if insincere and a week late

It's HIS WORD MAN!!!!!! *thumps chest*

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It's insincere and his original claim that Brown was faking the injury was just damage-control to make his outburst seem justified (even though they weren't related).

But hey, our expectations for Pacman are so low that this apology is pretty good!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Anyone who doesn't think the best part of this entire game was "Antonio Brown is so good at fakery he deserves a grammy"

theirs the door -------->

edit

Martavis Bryant: NFL Vice President of Officiating Says Player's Catch Should've Been Ruled Incomplete
Bryant pinned the ball to his leg and flipped for a touchdown in Pittsburgh's playoff win last week. Vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said Friday that it shouldn't have been called a catch.

good god almighty, why not go door to door and hit Bengals fans with a Stone Cold Stunner too? Goddamn the Steelers got like 200 breaks in this game. (to be honest even knowing the rule I thought it was a catch)

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 16, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

Martavis Bryant: NFL Vice President of Officiating Says Player's Catch Should've Been Ruled Incomplete
Bryant pinned the ball to his leg and flipped for a touchdown in Pittsburgh's playoff win last week. Vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said Friday that it shouldn't have been called a catch.

good god almighty, why not go door to door and hit Bengals fans with a Stone Cold Stunner too? Goddamn the Steelers got like 200 breaks in this game. (to be honest even knowing the rule I thought it was a catch)

Lets be honest, they could have said either way and most people woulda been all, "Aaaaw yeah, d'aaaaaaaaalright. Okay, I can see that."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
If that wasn't a catch then the rules need changing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

toxicsunset posted:

There exist certain men in the world such as James Harrison and Vontaze Burfict who are not men but are instead weapons. All you can do is point them in a direction and if they happen to take someone's head off with their heroic missile headbutt, it's not their fault but the fault of whoever put them out there and pointed them in that direction

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Ribsauce posted:

Anyone who doesn't think the best part of this entire game was "Antonio Brown is so good at fakery he deserves a grammy"

theirs the door -------->

Just realized a week late the Grammy is a music award not an acting award

Not sure who's the bigger idiot on this one me or pacman

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Milk Malk posted:

Not sure who's the bigger idiot on this one me or pacman

In cases like this, its always you.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I assume pacman's comment was a sophisticated critique of the current state of rap music in the vein of cypress hill's tequila sunrise

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

I assume pacman's comment was a sophisticated critique of the current state of rap music in the vein of cypress hill's tequila sunrise

Lol. That's the world I want to live in.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Who is that and what do I need to do to make him a steeler

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

toxicsunset posted:

Who is that and what do I need to do to make him a steeler

Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Plays for the Giants now, so I guess you could trade for him, but then you'd have traded for a dude who played in the Giants secondary and that seems like a poor deal.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
i mean the steelers secondary is definitely the weakest part of their defense so they should probably take whatever they can get.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waCF81HdKAA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So I kinda hope both the Steelers and Bengals realize they both got knocked out of the playoffs by being big loving idiots and hopefully will calm down next season

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope they continue murdering each other.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So I kinda hope both the Steelers and Bengals realize they both got knocked out of the playoffs by being big loving idiots and hopefully will calm down next season

this is my thoughts on the matter. steelers/bengals is a cool rivalry but not when the players want to murder each other. i hope they schedule the first game while tez is suspended and that cools things down

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Atticus Finch posted:

I hope they continue murdering each other.

I would appreciate us murdering each other more if it did not guarantee Broncos and Pats get free reigns with the division for another five years or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would appreciate us murdering each other more if it did not guarantee Broncos and Pats get free reigns with the division for another five years or so
OK fine.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

this is my thoughts on the matter. steelers/bengals is a cool rivalry but not when the players want to murder each other. i hope they schedule the first game while tez is suspended and that cools things down
You know Bengals/Steelers is gonna be week 4 SNF.

• Locked thread