Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

tk posted:

It's.

Yoooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Bengals fans claim that the cameras catch other players doing this stuff every week

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Not a Wallace fan but after seeing Munchak act I can see why he has a job

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Nut grabbing in the fumble scrum is a time-honored tradition http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-10-25-pileup-cover_x.htm

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Blarfk posted:

Am I wrong in thinking that Antonio being injured or not is completely irrelevant to whether a flag gets thrown on that hit?
No you're right. The flag would get thrown.

But if he hops up there is no suspension for sure.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ribsauce posted:

No you're right. The flag would get thrown.

But if he hops up there is no suspension for sure.

I mean, considering it was his 8th or 9th one this year, plus that fact that he kneed Ben's shoulder a few plays earlier and I still think he gets a suspension, probably only two games instead of three though.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Yea, you're right, he might get a game. But no way he gets more than 1.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

James Harrison owns

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ribsauce posted:

Yea, you're right, he might get a game. But no way he gets more than 1.

Yes and no. A lot of suspensions are handed down with the idea that the player will appeal and it will be reduced, as is almost always the case. I think you are not going to see many 1 game suspensions in the future, buts lots of two reduced to 1, 3 reduced to 2 etc.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Detroit_Dogg posted:

James Harrison owns

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Cavauro posted:

Pacman said he'll apologize if Antonio Brown doesn't play on Sunday.

I said shut up!!!!!!!!! ah god

The only way this gets better is if Pac man calls AB a fuckboy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Anaranjado posted:

The only way this gets better is if Pac man calls AB a fuckboy.

I've been calling up DB's all morning trying to find someone who agrees with that statement, but I've come up nil. I'm at the end of my Rolodex and the only name left is Steve Smith Sr.

I hope he's got something good for us.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is legit a good interview between a WR and a DB if you are still interested in this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8GiTFV5vc

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
I will have it be known I stopped defending james harrison a long time ago and instead chose to embrace him as an evil force of nature that he was (though no longer is, not due to a growing a heart much like The Grinch of Whoville, but rather old age and ineffectiveness) and root for him anyway. A dark lord atop a throne of blood wearing a crown of hatred and drinking the blood of his victims, assailing kick-coverage gunners and quarterbacks alike in his equal-opportunity assault on humanity and decency. I hope he gets superbowl MVP and inducted into the hall of fame and wear his number in adult league hockey to honor the blood god

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
You're gross

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Colt McCoy: 100% fuckboi.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ALFbrot posted:

You're gross

playoff posters :rolleyes:

Go back to your baseball if you cannot handle a little CTE and significantly reduced cognition in your early 40s

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 13, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I hope Denver wins again this weekend just to make Mel's choice even funnier

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking it might be about time for this thread to enter the ol' concussion protocol.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I want to let everyone get all the shitposting out of their system

*thread survives heat death of the universe*

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
The opening scene for the last boy scout is the ideal start to a sporting event

toxicsunset fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 13, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

I hope Denver wins again this weekend just to make Mel's choice even funnier

Tom Coughlin is gonna be an eagle lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I also wish Intruder would not keep deleting his posts

I want to know what you said that you suddenly backed down on hard bro

Come on, I bet it was feisty

Literal human swastika

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
James Harrison is an immense piece of poo poo who set the game back in the fight against head injuries it should be having but I know he lands in a blind spot for otherwise good posters so all I can do is what I always do which is make the best posts in history and jack off my flaky dick

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
There exist certain men in the world such as James Harrison and Vontaze Burfict who are not men but are instead weapons. All you can do is point them in a direction and if they happen to take someone's head off with their heroic missile headbutt, it's not their fault but the fault of whoever put them out there and pointed them in that direction

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My issue isn't with Vontaze Burfict being dirty, its the people qqing about him not being dirty and being treated unfairly.

James Harrison is a hateful creature who should have been thrown out years ago and I thank god he's on our team because it means he never has to play against us. His perspective of football is based on a perception of the world entirely at odds with the sum total of medical science and he is literally a danger to himself and others and its terrifying.

But as long as he is in the NFL and its out of our control I am gonna watch some dudes get LIT UP

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Intruder posted:

Burfict is a really good player with a bunch of rocks in his head and no self control

Basically the ideal 80s-90s linebacker

The guy fell from being a 1st rounder to being a borderline UDFA because he let himself get out of shape. The warning signs were there.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

toxicsunset posted:

The opening scene for the last boy scout is the ideal start to a sporting event

Harrison lands on his feet, walks calmly to huddle/sideline

Also "the receiver ducked into the hit"

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Have you ever been hit so hard you turned into nazi propaganda

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

toxicsunset posted:

Lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

toxicsunset posted:

*GISes "NFL players with swollen noses"*

*suddenly feels terrible about self*

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Not that I'm defending either of them but if Pac keeps it up he's gonna come out of this looking worse then vontaze which is something

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I remember the Chad Johnson rant from like 10 years ago where he complained about everyone trying to make football safer and said they all knew the risks when they signed up

Then I see current Bengal pacman jones saying he won't apologize for accusing a player of faking a concussion after an extremely obvious headshot and I think maybe players don't understand the risks or maybe the Bengals are all just deeply loving stupid

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Anaranjado posted:

Not that I'm defending either of them but if Pac keeps it up he's gonna come out of this looking worse then vontaze which is something

That's because Pacman didn't deserve the flag and is super angry that it was thrown.

edit:

Dude needs to shut up about AB, though, for real.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Chilichimp posted:

That's because Pacman didn't deserve the flag and is super angry that it was thrown.

Well...no

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

v2vian man posted:

I remember the Chad Johnson rant from like 10 years ago where he complained about everyone trying to make football safer and said they all knew the risks when they signed up

Then I see current Bengal pacman jones saying he won't apologize for accusing a player of faking a concussion after an extremely obvious headshot and I think maybe players don't understand the risks or maybe the Bengals are all just deeply loving stupid

Lol remember when Chris Kluwe went on a rant about how NFL players know what they sign up for? A punter, who suffers maybe one light block per game, talking about toughness

All NFL players are stupid

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
It's almost like they spent their entire life inside a strange bubble of fame and untouchability that grew and grew the older and better at football they got, wherein education and accountability and common sense aren't bothered to be taught and they're told every step of the way that they're the greatest gift God's ever given the earth and have no real concept of reality

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Think about how dumb and lovely your average Jr. High and High School coach is.

Imagine that person is the single most important authority figure in the most influential period of developing your image of self.

That is every NFL player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I also wish Intruder would not keep deleting his posts

I want to know what you said that you suddenly backed down on hard bro

Come on, I bet it was feisty

Literal human swastika

Editing posts is for goddamn whimps

• Locked thread