Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Goetta posted:

He sorta pushed Joey Porter who was on the field poo poo talking for some reason (???) while AB was going off

Maybe he was trying to keep his players under control during a brewing scuffle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Codependent Poster posted:

I agree, they should have flagged the coach who had no business being on the field around the players.

Except he was on the field checking on Antonio Brown who just had his head ripped off so yes he did have a reason.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Goetta posted:

@GeoffHobsonCin 37s38 seconds ago
Marvin on Tez play: they deemed that a hit to the head and others weren't

lol Marvin is mad

I would be too

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

xbilkis posted:

An "out of control" Burfict got a huge sack and a huge interception that should have cinched the game if the Bengals could have successfully handed the ball off three times

This can't be restated enough. Burfict's penalty should never have occurred. Thank Jhill.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
pretty crazy to think that employing burfict and pacman might lead to meltdowns

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

I agree, they should have flagged the coach who had no business being on the field around the players.

Seriously if he was just there to take care of an injured player then why is he talking to Cincinnati player.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel bad for pac as he will be lumped in with Burlict which isn't fair at all.

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't see what Pacman did because I was just kind of in awe of what was going on, but I do not find it believable that he didn't say or do something immensely stupid to get flagged.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

Except he was on the field checking on Antonio Brown who just had his head ripped off so yes he did have a reason.

Haha no he wasn't anywhere near him.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

GenericMartini posted:

Seriously if he was just there to take care of an injured player then why is he talking to Cincinnati player.

Cause one of them killed his dude

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It does suck that Burfict is gonna get poo poo on for being dirty when Shazier did the same thing and then Tomlin pulled a red flag to get the fumble.

We had a lot of ugly hits too

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

Goetta posted:

He sorta pushed Joey Porter who was on the field poo poo talking for some reason (???) while AB was going off

It was Gilberry who shoved Porter from behind (Porter had just gotten in Burfict's face because Burfict for some godforsaken reason had his hand on Brown who was being walked to the sideline). Porter got surrounded by Bengals, none of whom were Jones. One of the Steelers grabs Porter, three officials push the Bengals players backward, and Jones comes flying in throwing arms at the three officials. It was light contact, but the ref flipped the hell out at being engaged from behind by a player.

Source: I was confused too, so I went back in my DVR and watched the replays a billion times. You never see the whole confrontation in one sequence, but you see the part where he gets in Burfict's face as one replay and the rest of it as another.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

did someone at least gif the pacman thing so we can zapruder it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This might have been the most unique moments in sports history. I don't think I've ever seen a team shoot themselves in the foot through this method

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Hahahahahahahahahahhaahahhhahhahahahahahahah

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
AB84 is cool and we should be mad a bad man tried to hurt him

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Haha no he wasn't anywhere near him.

They showed the whole review on the post game and he says something to the Bengels players as he's walking off the field behind Brown so ok. Doesn't matter since he had a right to be there and the Bengels players had no right to put their hands on an opposing coach. If they can't control themselves then they should be on the bench.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If I were a Bengals fan I would just give up football I think

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I think honestly it's going to go in the books as Burfict being stupid rather than dirty. You can't try to lay the wood on someone like that when the game is that close; it's way too risky.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

They showed the whole review on the post game and he says something to the Bengels players as he's walking off the field behind Brown so ok. Doesn't matter since he had a right to be there and the Bengels players had no right to put their hands on an opposing coach. If they can't control themselves then they should be on the bench.

He went to start a confrontation. He had no right to do that and was looking to stir poo poo. Mission accomplished.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
did someone really call daltos a "fat human being" in the year 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the Bengals had never run a play after the pick and just kicked a FG they probably win even if the penalties occur

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

OSheaman posted:

I think honestly it's going to go in the books as Burfict being stupid rather than dirty. You can't try to lay the wood on someone like that when the game is that close; it's way too risky.

look who doesn't have the grit and competitiveness and attitude to win in this league

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
1: There's about a 1000% chance that the Steelers win the Super Bowl now because it's this kind of season.
2: Whole buncha old white males are gonna write a whole buncha dogwhistle racist poo poo over Burfict and PacMan.
3: I'd be tempted to try and write the hawtest taek on Burfict but I don't think anything short of "SEND HIM TO GITMO" would beat what's written unironically. I'd place bets on someone demanding he be lynched and also vote for Trump.

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Don't forget Burfict already won the game by picking Laundry Jones so if anything Hill was the one who lost the game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Was posted to the GDT:

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

MacheteZombie posted:

This can't be restated enough. Burfict's penalty should never have occurred. Thank Jhill.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Disappointed in TFF that BurfictDogDealWithIt.gif hasn't been posted yet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Was posted to the GDT:

:barf:

That's some ragdoll physics there :(

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWK0zgEjmb/ !!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Was posted to the GDT:

Yep no head to head but still drat.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
well i mean growing up in canada playing hockey my whole life (still do) my coaches always said if you're going to take a penalty make sure you make it worth it and really hurt the guy so in that aspect Burfict did the right thing

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

Rad Valtar posted:

Watch the replay before that. He's walking Brown off the field, Burfict puts his hand on Brown's shoulder, and Porter justifiably gets in his face. I'm not sure exactly how he got surrounded by five Bengals, but he was minding his own business until Burfict physically engaged an injured player.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hill got hit by a desperation strip I would not blame him too much. Shazier went for the ball like it was the only chance on earth without really caring about tackling

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Burflict was grabbing browns shoulder and someone shoulder checked a trainer. But it's okay

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AB84 bouncing around like the QWOP man, sickening

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yep no head to head but still drat.

Are you loving blind

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

Kalli posted:

Was posted to the GDT:

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

welp

https://twitter.com/REALPACMAN24/status/686053389604634626

e: more specifically https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWK0zgEjmb/

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Robo-Pope posted:

Watch the replay before that. He's walking Brown off the field, Burfict puts his hand on Brown's shoulder, and Porter justifiably gets in his face. I'm not sure exactly how he got surrounded by five Bengals, but he was minding his own business until Burfict physically engaged an injured player.

To be fair it could just be Burlict feeling bad he almost murdered a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

You had to know this would happen after Burfict challenged karma by running into the tunnel.

I had really hoped he wasn't down by contact just to make it even more Bengals.

This way is very Bengals though.

• Locked thread