Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Absolute loving disgrace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

@GeoffHobsonCin 37s38 seconds ago
Marvin on Tez play: they deemed that a hit to the head and others weren't

lol Marvin is mad

He should be mad about the noncall on the gio hit

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

It strikes me that it was probably not a good idea to have the same crew that did the last shitshow do this one

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It wasnt. Just the same head ref

Oh

well still gently caress them

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

v2vian man posted:

sorry posting pal

i wanted the bengals to advance

i don't think i want to watch football anymore ham.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

there are so many bad things about NFL rules w/r/t to penalties, reviews, challenges & catches that it makes me miss my lovely soccer games sometimes

It's absurdly bad

Even before last night I think this was somehow one of the least enjoyable seasons of football I have ever watched somehow even as my team was having an absurdly good season

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

One of the absolute worst parts of football is having to watch 5 minutes of back and to the left every time someone almost fumbles why on earth would you want to add more of that boring poo poo

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Giving the refs more power and making it even harder to play defense is not the way to make the game better

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

was it mentioned yet that joey porter got fined

at least that's some acknowledgement from the nfl that the officials hosed up

Maybe it's just because I don't follow other sports enough but is there any sport in the world other than football where the refs and the league admit more mistakes after the fact and do the weakest baby poo poo to "apologize" for them

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

baseball is worse; they never admit mistakes

I genuinely think I would prefer this to "uh yeah, oops we hosed up the clock at the end there. golly, that was a bad one, sorry!"

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Imagine next year's Bengals/Steelers games lmfao

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sorry buddy, poo poo happens in football games. It sucks when an idiot loose cannon attempts to injure people on purpose. Pretty funny that a mentally challenged giant retard rapist pulled an Elway on your team because the rapist running back you employ fumbled, even after your piece of poo poo linebacker did his best to stop it with unbelievably stupid behavior. Football owns

Sorry that Burfict balls so hard that when he does the textbook form tackles my coaches taught me when I was 10 years old playing pee wee football they ruin the seasons of your bitch baby players

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Burflict ruined more than one season that game lmao

thanks for spiking my setup mel

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

This article basically sums up how I've felt about football all year that's only really boiling over cause I'm salty about my team losing a game

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

So how does Burfict go from a 50k fine to a 3 game suspension short of like stomping or fighting a dude

i'm ok with it if this becomes the new standard for this sort of thing, because that's good imo, but yeah there's really not precedent.

now if nothing happens to shazier...!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Intruder posted:

I for one can't believe a player with a documented history of trying to injure people got suspended for multiple games for knocking one of the premier young stars in the league unconscious with a vicious illegal hit

Who exactly are you arguing with that thinks he doesn't deserve a suspension

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Intruder posted:

I don't mind the suspension but man this is really unprecedented I don't know I guess I'm ok with it but Shazier should be punished too geez do you suppose this is just because of the twitter outrage? What's Shazier's punishment going to be?

if you're going to go after my posts quote me instead of this passive aggressive bullshit but yes, i do hope shazier gets fined, and yes, it is unprecedented that a guy gets 3 games for on the field stuff, you seem to be imagining a bunch of posts where im trying to say he did nothing wrong

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Intruder posted:

TWO MEN ENTER

Two men also leave because jesus who's going to kill a guy over an internet post

ill freaking kill you!!!! ahhhhhhhh

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I hope Burfict stops the retarded poo poo like twisting ankles and launching himself at receivers because otherwise he is exactly what anyone should want from their linebackers

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

*in homer simpson i sleep in a big bed with my wife voice* I root for Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Alright guys which one of you is the one that said Willie Parker three times in a mirror

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Moxie posted:

I think this is an indication that by the NFL's interpretation of the rule, it was a clean play. It also leaves the issue open so that they can make a new rule change/emphasis to address that type hit.

Also that play should have been a legit defensive touchdown and Ben/Brown should be healthy, aaaaaaahhhhhh

There is something fundamentally wrong with the league when the Shawn Williams hit is a penalty, the Shazier one is not even after review, and even in the world where the Shazier hit is perfectly legal (lmao) there is no recourse to award the Steelers a touchdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So I kinda hope both the Steelers and Bengals realize they both got knocked out of the playoffs by being big loving idiots and hopefully will calm down next season

this is my thoughts on the matter. steelers/bengals is a cool rivalry but not when the players want to murder each other. i hope they schedule the first game while tez is suspended and that cools things down

• Locked thread