Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
pretty crazy to think that employing burfict and pacman might lead to meltdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
did someone really call daltos a "fat human being" in the year 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

OSheaman posted:

I think honestly it's going to go in the books as Burfict being stupid rather than dirty. You can't try to lay the wood on someone like that when the game is that close; it's way too risky.

look who doesn't have the grit and competitiveness and attitude to win in this league

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
that hit was only not head to head because he missed

don't tell me for one second that vontaze burfict wasn't trying to hit his head

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Goetta posted:

So the loss sucks and is loving awful and is probably the worst loss they have ever had in one of the biggest games they have ever had and all that is fine. This is probably going too deep for this forum but I think it is actually a big problem in that Cincy is a racist lovely rear end segregated city and this game is going to set off another wave of 'uncontrollable animals' type of mentality from every poo poo lord who watched it.

Like just looking at my Twitter feed and hooly poo poo

sorry man

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

xbilkis posted:

I don't think Vontaze Burfict was so overcome with Steeler Bloodlust that he actively targeted Bryant's head in the last minute of a one-possession playoff game

try watching the gif then

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
one of my favorite parts is that brown didn't even catch it. like that's an illegal hit if he does catch it, but he doesn't, and burfict can clearly see that, and he still takes the shot anyway

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
someone post what pacman did too

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Oh

well still gently caress them

sorry posting pal

i wanted the bengals to advance

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mind_Taker posted:

Coaches go on the field all the time to help out injured players. Yeah maybe he talked poo poo but if you can deal with a little smack then you are a giant baby.

do they? or are you thinking of...not coaches

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i think jones probably got the penalty for trying to shove through an official but hey it's not like he's an immense idiot or anything

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

pacman really does think he was just talking to a coach too

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the refs actually were directly between both sides, which is why one of them got jumped on and immediately threw the flag for it

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

cravius posted:

All you had to do was not loving fumble and not take a retarded penalty. gently caress you burfict i hope u get cut keep your goddamn hands to yourself and dont go for the head gently caress you burfctt you piece of poo poo gently caress you

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be honest that shows that the NFL has No real way to handle these types of problems if they come up.

don't put burfict and pacman on the same team mayhap

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

lmao remember all those posts you made about the bengals and the afc title like 5+ weeks ago

hahahahaha

make a post a tenth as good as marsh pussy or go the gently caress home

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
he was cursing? stop the dang presses

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
there should have been a penalty on everyone, for playing the modern bloodsport and giving the whole world CTE

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
smh refs only flag the retaliation. where was the flag for porter saying a mean thing i ask you

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mr. Porter called me a poopyhead, sir. I had no choice but to fight through you and two of your peers to address his meanie words personally.

yeah it's obvious that the flag came because jones tried to teleport through a ref but not many people itt know that

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Goetta posted:

Man these legaleze arguments about this sure drive home what a loving weak flag this was to throw in the context of the situation

all this legalese...when all i want is some legal ease!!!! *i toss my pool float on the courtroom floor and flop into it while the judge bangs her gavel*

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Where was the flag for Porter shoving off Burfict? Unlike Pacman, Porter actually made contact with the person he was instigating poo poo with.

that flag was in my rear end

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

v2vian man posted:

all this legalese...when all i want is some legal ease!!!! *i toss my pool float on the courtroom floor and flop into it while the judge bangs her gavel*

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think you should treat it the same as poo poo talk, as I don't see any real difference between the two. It's not cool but context should matter. It definetly should not outrank poo poo talk for any reason.

shoving is equally as bad as jawing. what the gently caress

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Cavauro posted:

As you can see here, over 100 refs start pulling at Jones from all sides. He begins to have a panic attack and falls backward into several of the refs, which draws the penalty of being forced to be a big dumb rear end upon both himself and vontaze d. burfict

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oh go gently caress yourself with this stupid "you are the homer but not me I am calling it down the middle" horseshit we are all trying to make sense of a situation from hearsay and replays and don't act like youre somehow the arbiter of objective truth because you saw an 11 second clip differently

dude...thats a former mod your talking too

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Roasted Donut posted:

this thread is 15 pages already but lmfao at both of these retard jabronis who have further cemented the bengals legacy as the bungles, now and forever

congrat's on your victory you peace of poo poo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Vontaze burfict and pacman Jones combined to gently caress the Bengals out of the playoffs hahahahah

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Moxie posted:

Shazier's hit was a penalty but I can't recall a flag for that type of hit. Defenseless receiver is the ref trigger. He needs to cut that poo poo out for the safety of everyone involved.

i agree. deadspin said that the rule of not hitting with the crown of your helmet has been around in some form for decades but it has really never been called and it obviously should be

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Is there any defensive play that would violate the "no hitting with the crown" rule that would not also constitute a spear?

Yeah the play I gotta make on your mom to keep her off my dick boom thank u

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
James Harrison is an immense piece of poo poo who set the game back in the fight against head injuries it should be having but I know he lands in a blind spot for otherwise good posters so all I can do is what I always do which is make the best posts in history and jack off my flaky dick

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I remember the Chad Johnson rant from like 10 years ago where he complained about everyone trying to make football safer and said they all knew the risks when they signed up

Then I see current Bengal pacman jones saying he won't apologize for accusing a player of faking a concussion after an extremely obvious headshot and I think maybe players don't understand the risks or maybe the Bengals are all just deeply loving stupid

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

toxicsunset posted:

It's almost like they spent their entire life inside a strange bubble of fame and untouchability that grew and grew the older and better at football they got, wherein education and accountability and common sense aren't bothered to be taught and they're told every step of the way that they're the greatest gift God's ever given the earth and have no real concept of reality

Yeah let's give up on them and assume they have no ability to grasp reality. I believe the term is jolly apes

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

ya know kid, i don't look like much now, but i'm tellin ya...i used to be somebody

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

That's... uh... one hell of an escalation there.

the part where i quoted him or the part where i quoted someone else who was saying basically the same kind of thing

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I assume pacman's comment was a sophisticated critique of the current state of rap music in the vein of cypress hill's tequila sunrise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i think since brown was knocked out with an illegal hit the NFL should have delayed the AFC playoffs until he was healthy and could participate. just one man's take

• Locked thread