Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

These two insane retards just literally ended the Bengals season.

They gave the game away to the Steelers and are about to be loving pilloried by everybody, so get in on the action.

If you didn't watch, on a downfield pass Vontaze Burflict head hunted Antonio Brown over the middle to put them into field goal range, then Pacman got ANOTHER personal foul to make it a chip shot.

The Bengals aren't even in this game if it weren't for Burfict, it was his to give away imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Idiot Kicker posted:

rossrams4YOU GOT FUCKIN JIPPED MAN!!! THE REFS SUCKED DONKEY DICK I HOPE THEY GET RAPED LIKE THE GIRL ROTHISNBURGER DID @realpacman24

ross dropping some hard truths

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

weak

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

What a loving dumbass. You run into a bunch of refs to throw a lovely punch at a guy between two of the refs' earholes and don't expect to get flagged?

I'm not seeing anything resembling a punch or an attempt at a punch

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Senordingdong posted:

Check the link that was just posted.

And take off your Bengals colored glasses.

Don't give a poo poo about the Bengals, but yeah I see it now. I'm not sure the refs could have even seen what was going on though, the one guy just seems to pull the flag the second he feels somebody touch his back and probably say mean words

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Bengals really have no reason to hang their heads, I genuinely wish I rooted for a team that cared enough to play like a bunch of psychopaths like that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GenericMartini posted:

Still gotta say though when there wasn't a penalty on that Shazier hit and Tomlin just threw the flag like he didn't give a poo poo and seeing Shazier celebrate was probably one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen.

I don't think Tomlin has an obligation to show the Bengals mercy on that play because of bad officiating. They would have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also, when the refs fail to control the game, unfair and imbalanced calls always seem to happen. I hope the NFL tightens the leash before the divisional round

Alternatively, unfair and imbalanced calls are the only way to control a game. If you call offsetting penalites whenever two guys start beating the poo poo out of each other it doesn't serve as much of a disincentive.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

What do you mean? I kinda grasp your point, but need further illumination, please

I'm saying that there's a stronger disincentive against escalating conflict or retaliating when each team has to worry about the possibility that they're going to be "unfairly" get the brunt of the punishment. If things are going to get called in a way such that they predictably balance out, then what reason do they have not to just act like maniacs?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The NFL probably needs to get a lot less bashful about ejecting players, that will get some of them to work on their decision making pretty quick. The NCAA's targeting rule is stupid, but only because it doesn't allow for any subjectivity. The heart of it, that ejection is by far a more effective deterrent than anything else, is sound.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Too severe imo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Burfict is a goddam hero

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

toxicsunset posted:

Who invited JD Salinger

I got that spelling from William F. Buckley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I guess this isn't breaking news or anything, but Pacman comes off as authentically mentally ill.

• Locked thread