Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

posting this here too....stolen from twitter :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Didn't a steelers coach draw a penalty earlier for putting hands on a bengal?

Also why wouldn't steelers be pissed at burfict after that vicious hit on brown? He's charging straight at him and doesn't even try to slow down. He's not coming over to apologize, he just knows he hosed up bad.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ejections don't happen, that is the problem. No more no less.

Especially since the coaches don't seem to care about settling players down. The OBJ losing his loving mind game and then this one? Seriously just weeks after that horrible giants game that had no real control on players during the game this poo poo happens yet again.

Does someone need to get actually killed on field for somebody to step up and take action? :lol:

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Revol posted:

One of the postgame shows talked about this, and sorta mirrored what I think. Lewis is one of the best coaches in this league. His tenure is a testament to that. I think he would do all he can to control his players. Ultimately, the players have the most control over themselves. Burfict can decide to ignore his coaches' advice and act in ways that directly are responsible for ending his team's playoff run.

He was talking to them / probably telling them to calm their tits and not do anything stupid. But that hasn't worked for other teams in previous games. Coaches should know what players can't keep it together and bench them.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Right, I think it means benching them. Like OBJ should have been benched a few weeks ago and he wasn't.

Coaches are too valuable to lose for a game, while you can survive without players for one every now and again. If a coach is thinking that a guy might end up costing him a game, he'll bench him.

It's got to be a impact on the game / money thing. Teams paying players millions of dollars only to have them benched in a game where they might've been the difference in winning vs the refs maybe calling fouls/nfl issuing small fines after the game. How much pressure do coaches feel to not bench players like OBJ or burfict or shazier? I doubt the nfl is going to do poo poo about it because why make teams unhappy?

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

tk posted:

The only people I've seen disagreeing with this have been Steelers fans.

You can be a fan and still disagree with how the game was played :colbert: I was ok with the bengals winning until burfictgate hit.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

ahahahahahahhahahaa joey porter is straight up stunting on fools even after retirement ahahahaha

You can see his smug face while he was just standing there knowing someone was going to touch him. He didn't even have to say or do anything :lol:

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i'm ok with it if this becomes the new standard for this sort of thing, because that's good imo, but yeah there's really not precedent.

now if nothing happens to shazier...!

"Shazier wins the walter payton award for forcing dozens of bengal fans to commit suicide"

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Antonio brown is just ruled out for today until pacman apologizes. I choose to believe this is why he is out :v:

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I think that's good, even if insincere and a week late

It's HIS WORD MAN!!!!!! *thumps chest*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

old dog child posted:

I'd like to give a shout out to Burfict for his help in getting the Broncos to the AFCCG. There were only two teams that could've beat the Broncos: Andy Dalton Bengals and the Steelers with AB. :thumbsup:

To be fair, the steelers were about to win without AB until that late fumble :v:. How loving bad do the broncos have to be to let that happen? loving patriots are going to win this weekend :(

• Locked thread