Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

https://streamable.com/v94e

lmao at DeCastro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Wow. That seems insane to me.

oh do go on

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

When the refs let that call go they lost all credibility to the crowd and Bengals players. Then you have them salting the wound by giving the Steelers the ball on the TO.

Wait so because they didn't throw the flag on the hit they should have purposefully incorrectly called a fumble recovery?

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

If they had called the play correctly it wouldn't have been a fumble in the first place.

Yeah but it wasn't, and at the point where they're determining whether it's a fumble or not there's nothing to do but make the correct call.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

MrLogan posted:

1. Traps ball against butt (both feet in).
2. Does baller flip over pylon.
3. While flipping moves ball between legs to hands.
4. Lands outside endzone.

With the current rules, he's need to get both feet in between step 3 and 4, right?

I may be totally wrong on this, but I think it's because the moving the ball between legs to hands doesn't count as losing control. It'd be like if you caught the ball in the right hand, got both feet down, and then as you were jumping out of bounds switched it from your right hand to your left while always having at least one hand on the ball.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

was it mentioned yet that joey porter got fined

at least that's some acknowledgement from the nfl that the officials hosed up

No they didn't. You can get fined without there having to have been a penalty called against you.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

so he's getting fined for doing nothing wrong, i see, i see

Players get fined all the time for getting into arguments or taking parts in fights or whatever where no flag was thrown during the incident

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

three posted:

Extra coaches come on the field all the time during a significant injury. I mean I get "gently caress joey porter" but I dont think its a big deal.

He definitely did it to troll the dumbasses for the Bengals and it worked, so tbh he kind of owns.

I feel like I'm going crazy arguing about this - every major injury I can think of has featured tons of players, staff, coaches, and whoever the gently caress on the field

e: not that you're wrong about him baiting the Bengals

Blarfk fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 10, 2016

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Say what you want about Burfict and Pacman, but the injury to Brown and Ben 100 percent doesn't happen if the refs call the Shazier hit correctly.

I know that when a Steeler plays dirty it is just "gritty, hard nosed football," but the game went off the rails long before Brown got KO'd

Are you trying to convince us that Burfict's hit was intentional retaliatory headhunting and that somehow makes it less dirty?

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He lives in my neighborhood and I enjoy talking to him at youth football games. He's intimidating as hell, but also funny in a dour, dry way

Can you share some stories??

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Goetta posted:

The Bengals open locker room session is going on right now apparently:

Coley Harvey
ESPN Staff Writer

Andrew Whitworth: "I hugged Mike Tomlin after the game, we apologized for the way it was played. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers -- but Joey Porter isn't one of them. Before the last game, Porter was at midfield motherf----n everybody." He had more to say about Porter. None of it good.

That Joey Porter, motherfucking everybody at midfield.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Nothing is going to happen to Tomlin because he didn't do anything.

Porter has already been fined for being on the field, and I'm sure there will be an announcement for Munchak soon.

Shazier will be fined for his hit, which was his first infraction.

Burfict has been already been fined multiple times this year for similar infractions, and so will be suspended, probably for two games after he appeals.

This really isn't that hard guys.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Had it been called, that would have been Shazier's second penalty in his career, as opposed to Burfict's eighth of the season, which - and I'm no big city lawyer - might be a clue as to why one will only be fined and the other suspended.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Am I wrong in thinking that Antonio being injured or not is completely irrelevant to whether a flag gets thrown on that hit?

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

No fine for Shazier.

So ya know....I think that means...it's....

*trails off and pretends to walk down stairs behind the couch*

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

So Burfict has knocked Bell out for the season two years in a row, and has now made both Ben and Brown miss games.

drat dude... drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It was Reggie Nelson last year, not Burfict

Whoops, you're right.

BUT STILL

• Locked thread