Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can't throw a flag on Pacman there unless he loving tackles Joey Porter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh well maybe next year???

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Auron posted:

Agreed, this is going on how many years that he can't control his loving animals?

Man it took like half a page for this thread to go there huh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

commieB posted:

That was rough

You head hunted AB bengals. That means we can't be friends anymore.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Quest For Glory II posted:

berfict's hit looked pretty bad though, the only unfortunate thing is there was no replay angle that actually showed the point of impact but it did look like the helmets collided regardless

I don't think Burfict was trying to actually hit AB in the head, like on purpose to murder him I mean, in the replay. But it was obviously a penalty.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GenericMartini posted:

I still don't understand what Pacman did

He sorta pushed Joey Porter who was on the field poo poo talking for some reason (???) while AB was going off

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
@GeoffHobsonCin 37s38 seconds ago
Marvin on Tez play: they deemed that a hit to the head and others weren't

lol Marvin is mad

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

Probably was on the field to check on Brown if I had to guess.

Yeah but why was he loving getting into it with the players

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWK0zgEjmb/ !!!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair it could just be Burlict feeling bad he almost murdered a dude.

It looked like he was just saying sorry to the dude but he probably shouldn't have touched him

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
So the loss sucks and is loving awful and is probably the worst loss they have ever had in one of the biggest games they have ever had and all that is fine. This is probably going too deep for this forum but I think it is actually a big problem in that Cincy is a racist lovely rear end segregated city and this game is going to set off another wave of 'uncontrollable animals' type of mentality from every poo poo lord who watched it.

Like just looking at my Twitter feed and hooly poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's funny that they lose because of a stupid decision to go for a guy's head on a play that had already been broken up. no penalty there and it's over. football.

It wasn't over it was like first down with ~30 seconds left.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jeremy Hill said when he ran out to confront Ryan Shazier following Giovani Bernard's injury that he said to him, "I don't understand. That's not football. I'm disappointed." Said he's a good friend of Shazier's. That surprised him.

lol i bet he did

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

It was second down from midfield with 18 seconds left and no timeouts

Yeah ok it was hard but not like over it wasn't 4th down or anything

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Yep still a loving awful flag

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I didn't see the fumble, did they botch the snap going for a kneel or actually try and run a play? If the former holy poo poo that's bad luck, if the latter lol they absolutely deserved to lose

The Steelers had 3 timeouts left the Bengals weren't going to run out the clock by kneeling it

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWOFVvEjq2/ :dings:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also when Lewis took over the Bengals they sucked poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The flag was weak as poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

tk posted:

It was honestly embarrassing and this isn't the NFL that I want to watch.

I don't thing the Bengals will ever get me to stop watching football but seeing poo poo like rag doll AB might

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Instead of OL reporting eligible the hot new trend in the NFL will to designate some assistant to go out and talk poo poo to the other team every injury. Maybe the Bengals can get Chad back.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I said earlier if Jones hadn't responded Porter could have easily found himself getting penalized but in a violent game when one person says mean words and the other one lays hands you do not call unsportsmanlike conduct on both, you call it on the person who escalated it to physical contact.

Which would be Porter?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

blablablabla posted:

Seriously Lewis has so many players who do stupid poo poo and theres zero accountability. Should have been a penalty for that idiot who ran into the locker room.
???

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Man these legaleze arguments about this sure drive home what a loving weak flag this was to throw in the context of the situation

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Jesus Christ, Bengals. I'm sorry, everyone. :(

It's fine

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also that flag was bullshit I think that is key point in all this

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pacman said that AB winked at him after the hit that is hilarious

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
All this talk of kicking Burfict out of the league I keep reading in various places is pretty weird because I really don't think he was trying to hit AB in the head

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

I said the same thing on the first page of this thread basically for all the reasons Deion talks about here http://sports.yahoo.com/video/tomlinson-sanders-demonstrate-burfict-hit-051421329.html'

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol yeah, he wasn't "trying" to sprain or break Cam Newton's ankles, rip Le'Veon Bell's knees apart, drive Ben's shoulders into the turf, or decapitate AB. Sure

The amount of crying over the completely legal tackle on Bell and completely normal legal sack of Ben is hilarious from such a supposed tough guy fanbase

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
*grabs guy by the shoulders and pulls him to the ground*
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000569888/article/leveon-bell-suffers-knee-injury-in-steelers-loss

qq what a loving monster

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Having Burfict back next year healthy is going to own

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Same with Le'Veon Bell, and it'll be awesome when he's back to putting up 200+ combined yards from scrimmage on your team for another decade

200+ yards is probably one or two more fully healthy games so that is probably about right

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The protein content in that cake is probably off the charts

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Here is the first non-hot take article I have seen about this

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/bengals-steelers-referees-vontaze-burfict-antonio-brown-joey-porter/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AB's wink is Pacman's inception kick and it sent him back to his make it rain days

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Bengals open locker room session is going on right now apparently:

Coley Harvey
ESPN Staff Writer

Andrew Whitworth: "I hugged Mike Tomlin after the game, we apologized for the way it was played. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers -- but Joey Porter isn't one of them. Before the last game, Porter was at midfield motherf----n everybody." He had more to say about Porter. None of it good.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it just for hitting AB because uh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't get going from fines to a three game suspension unless it is one of those media things designed to be reduced under appeal. The only analog I can think off the top of my head is James Harrison and he only got a single game after years of being fined.

I guess this is all assuming the NFL isn't weighing punishment based on how twitter is trending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

They escalate. Harrison's last fine was 100k

So how does Burfict go from a 50k fine to a 3 game suspension short of like stomping or fighting a dude

• Locked thread