Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I wanted to PM you with this, but you don't have PMs, soooooooooooooo...

I have Rune Factory 4, but I never quite finished it (to the extent that it can be finished), so I'm looking forward to you tackling it. I do have some nits to pick on your updates so far, though:

Truthkeeper posted:

Are you being paid extra to advertise for the town Captain? (The answer is yes, because I'll be the one paying him to do it later)

You started using italics to distinguish your comments from in-game text in your second update, but you don't have it in this one, and it's a bit confusing. It'd also be worth going back and sticking some portraits in your early updates, when you weren't doing it.

Truthkeeper posted:

No, seriously, that's actually a very good question. Soldier's answer is technically correct, which is of course the best kind of correct, but still stupid.

Lest: ...This gift is very important.

Duplicate image here.

Truthkeeper posted:

[/i]This was the first clear shot I managed to get of Ventuswill (before I remembered there's a button to hide textboxes). We are dealing with one seriously large dragon, possibly even one in charge.[/i]

Mismatched italics tag here.

Truthkeeper posted:

Oh? How strange...

I don't think that's the screenshot you meant to use.

Truthkeeper posted:

Orders?

I think it would be easier to understand if you simply try it.

You wanted an Arthur portrait here, I think.

Truthkeeper posted:

Gameplay! Sweet Blessed Gameplay!
I’m a little excited to have made it through those tutorials. There’s a few more left, but they’re shorter and more spread out.

http://lpix.org/2354875/scr_553_BOTTOM.png

You made this a link instead of an image. (Also, it looks like you needed to remove some carriage returns between lines to combine dialogue into one headshot. And apply some italics to your comments. And the screenshots are missing, but you knew that.)

Truthkeeper posted:

My name is Xiao Pai.

Redundant screenshot.

Anyway, I nitpick because I care. Looking forward to your next update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Zagglezig posted:

Does the game get a greenhouse type area for extra fields?

As I recall, you can use prince points to expand your fields a couple times. Plus there are a couple of fields with special properties you can find in the great outdoors, and eventually you'll be able to access them quickly.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Tarezax posted:

In RF3 I was running out of RP before I could even get two screens into the first dungeon for the first week or two of playing. Pretty sure I would have run myself out of RP fighting the boss even if I just ran straight for him.

In RF4, you no longer expend RP running around or fighting, only using magic or doing farming or crafting. At least, that's what I recall.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Shwqa posted:

Running doesn't use RP. Basic attacks don't use RP. Combo attacks do use RP.

Well, the only time I remember having to manage RP in dungeons was if I got magic-heavy, so... I guess I just spammed attack a lot? :shrug:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Screenshotting long game sessions: Not even once.

The approach I've always taken for screenshot LPs is to record a lossless video. Then I can pick out exactly the frames I want later.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Truthkeeper posted:

Sounds like a good way. Entirely undoable with this project though, but I'm gonna keep it in mind for later.

Why untenable? Wait... are you somehow getting screenshots off a legit 3DS?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I seem to recall Margaret having the least annoying 'I'm so quirky' personality, so let's go with her.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Hey, any chance you could throw some sort of 'generic NPC' headshot in for that one useful NPC? Right now that bit looks kind of awkward.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

thetruegentleman posted:

I probably like Forte the most (her "tough girl secretly afraid of ghosts" act is annoyingly cliche though, even if that's Rune Factory in a nutshell)

Yeah, it annoys me when a character who routinely slaughters abominations from beyond does the whole 'g-g-g-ghosts' thing, especially if it doesn't actually affect their performance against ghostly monsters. (See also Persona.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Truthkeeper posted:

The relationship between Dolce and Pico was probably a lot cuter when Dolce was a kid. Unless Pico acted exactly the same then, in which case it gets really loving creepy and we need an adult here!

I am an adult.

Maybe?

I think you made a typo here. Pico's line should be:

"I am an adult."

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Wow. I own this game and played it a fair bit, and it never even occurred to me that you could tame bosses, let alone the boss forms of villagers. I expect the answer to 'what happens if you take Amber and Boss Amber on an expedition together' is 'nothing interesting', sadly, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

A lot of broken tags and wrong character portraits in that update, sadly.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Is there supposed to be more to that update? It just sort of... ends.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Skyridge posted:

After repeated use of the phrase "product of bestiality" I really shouldn't be surprised by the way you phrase things, but...

What?

Official art of the female protagonist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Whatever option has the least votes.

What? It's how everyone else is voting. :v: (Seriously, don't count this as a vote, I'm just being silly.)

• Locked thread