Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, Volckanon has really changed since he gave up godhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's nice that the first bachelorette doesn't look like a little girl. Hopefully this trend continues, because that was my biggest problem with the Rune Factory I had (I think 3, the one where you're some sheepy monster man).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Be a Hammer Bro.

If I knew the game has a bachelorette named Forte I'd have voted for you to name Art Gospel and woo her, but as is she's not very interesting on first glance so eh.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blind Duke posted:

Everyone seems a bit boring at first glance until you get into dating them, then some crazy backstory you will never get otherwise pops out

Randomly discovering the secondary uses for fists in the mirror dungeon on my own lends me to suggesting Fists, although I ended up using every type through the game depending on what I could craft

never figured out staffs though

Yeah, to be fair warrior lady is more interesting than a maid, but I'm still hoping there's better.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

Luckily you can change your name.

The pros of having amnesia right there.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A bard is cool. Does she play songs while adventuring, or only at specific spots in town?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

It took at least full in-game year for me, so I ended up getting married and having a kid while waiting for it.

Now I'm imagining this 'Memories' event as Art & Wife + their neighbors singing The Way We Were.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tarezax posted:

I've been playing RF3 on emulator and there's no female protagonist option. I like the bachelorettes though. None of them seem awful to me, although Sofia's opposite-speak gimmick is a little annoying.

Sofia's sister was nice but wasn't a bachelorette unfortunately. But mainly my problem was that the bachelorettes in general looked way too young.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Personally I feel this game would have been much better if you could marry Eliza. Give in to your delusions Art!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A future RF should have the hero having to defeat a Great Evil that was brought forth by someone trying to cook a magical meal beyond their ability. A Dish of Chaos from the book of Forbidden Gastronomy.

e: The Gastronomicon?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are all the bosses going to turn into people, or is this girl a special case?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it'll be an allusion to immigration, and soon you'll have older town-peoples complaining about all the newcomers stealing their jobs.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At least in Stardew you don't have amnesia :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think RF3's first festival was a bean toss too.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wrestling is more about the collateral damage than the target, really. Does some good AoE. At least in 3, but I assume they'd keep it or build on it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sheesh, if that's what she looks like I'm kinda glad Human Venti was mostly cut.

I can't decide if I like the crafting here better than in RF3. Maybe if I had a 3DS and a copy of this game I'd be able to pick a preference.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You've got a few lines with the wrong image (seems like you really like Forte!)

quote:

Oh! Hi, Art. Has my sister come by yet?

Anyone can be a true knight when they find the one thing they want to protect more than anything. Isn't that cool?

I think those should be Kiel's

quote:

Huh? Me? Oh... I think there was something I needed to tell you.

And this one I believe is Clorica's

Also there's a couple broken image tags.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you end up marrying Forte you should get a cool wolf-type enemy and call'em Gospel.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Uh oh, Venti is slowly turning into the final boss!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Venti, you're doing it all wrong. How is Art supposed to finish the game the traditional way if you're being so nice and not-evil? :(

Though I wonder if that thing Art was supposed to be protecting in the flying airship had anything to do with a possible solution to this Rune problem.

Aesclepia posted:

I especially like Art's jaunty hat in the last screenshot.

I'm so torn about Ven here. The whole not wanting to watch people die for you thing is understandable, but it then seems kind of crass that she justifies it as watching her friends die and then turns around and asks Art to do exactly the same. I wonder if it's more or less clear in the original Japanese.

I don't think she wants Art to turn into a Guardian, she wants him to free them and then uh, watch her die I guess.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Couldn't decide between Clorica and Forte, but a coin-flip solved that problem.

e: changed vote

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 29, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

I'm voting Margaret because
1) She's pretty great
2) Porcoline De Saints Coquille is the best father-in-law
3) Definitely not underage
4) If she's your healer, that frees you up for more killing power

I didn't really think about their combat skills, but Clorica heals status ailments, those things you get and might be too lazy to heal yourself. So a natural extension of her job as a butler.

Margaret is also :ocelot:, though maybe a bit too much of a worrywart.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll actually switch my vote to Margaret because bards are cool and I forgot that's what she was.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whoever wins, the Elves win.

e: fitting, considering our "rival" is a dwarf

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Now that I think about it, I don't remember if RF3 had any Elves. Or at least nobody mentioned their race that I remember. There's certainly non-humans.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cattail Prophet posted:

Daria is an elf (and also might be Margaret's sister).

Then I'm kinda glad she's not winning right now. drat 'Rainbow!' still haunts my dreams.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lame. A human marrying a human? What's the world coming to?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You've got a bunch of spots where you accidentally used Amber's mugshot instead of Lumie's.

Also Amber is adorable! But like a kid, so even if she looked of age it'd be sorta weird to woo her.

Oh, and

Go for it dude :thumbsup:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If there's a tie you should let Pico break it. :ghost:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So, let me guess. Leon is very into card games, right? :v:

e: if I played this game and picked the female Art I'd probably go for Leon because Ancient Egypt is aces

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Deus Ex Machina is more when something happens out of nowhere, but here Art specifically sends Leon with the rune ball to save Venti. Of course she'll return the favor.

Also this update made me really sad you can't marry Venti, even if her human form would look barely better than Amber's.

Pico better not haunt Art & Dolce's kid, or else :toughguy:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It was explained that she couldn't go far from town because she is/was linked to the place, so it might very well be that she couldn't have gotten the stones, even if she knew they existed. And not all gods are omnipotent. If they were you wouldn't be able to beat RF1-3.

So yeah, you're wrong.

e: "oh, I'm the guy who knows the spell you need and I just happen to visit here all the time. Also here's a ring you'll need that I just happen to have" - A-OK because it wasn't a god doing it

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
On the other hand when you complete your quest like Art just did it's okay to get rewarded for it.

e: I mean, if Venti coming to the rescue now that she's feeling better is really Deus Ex Machina, then it's one of the least offensive uses of it I've seen

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 8, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just realized that in both RF threads going on right now we're marrying the ghostly lady. And it's nearing Halloween :spooky: :ghost:

So theoretically you could have gotten married by this point if you wanted to?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, that's a good change from RF3, where you had to beat the game to get married.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FluffySquirrel posted:

Bit late, but there's one thing that always bugged me about Art's sacrifice in the update before last. Could he not just come back himself and use Omni Gate to return Leon back to the normal world now that he's human and not a guardian?

It seemed a kinda pointless sacrifice

I actually thought of that while reading the update, then forgot that until you just reminded me. Yeah, Art's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. But really all Earthmates are like that from what I've seen.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Truthkeeper posted:

RF protagonists are bad at planning. It's not just the Earthmates, Micah from RF3 had the same issue of running in balls first and hoping for the best.

I kinda put him as an honorary Earthmate when making the generalization. :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What's really the difference? If anything he has more powers than the average Earthmate because he can turn into a Wooly.

e: I guess I never saw an RF endgame with an Earthmate so haven't really seen them knowing that much of anything, not to mention the Earth.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well that was silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I can already guess what you're gonna do with that black apple :devil:

• Locked thread