Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Yeah, Japanese doesn't use gendered pronouns very often if at all, so when things are localized it's often a matter of guessing what gender they're referring to in the dialogue or ending up with some awkward phrasing in service of preserving the neutrality.

I played the poo poo out of Friends of Mineral Town in middle school, but never took a crack at the Rune Factory series. I'm looking forward to this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I think I know which way the wind is blowing

when can we marry the dragon

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Truthkeeper posted:

I totally would have if it was an option. Rumor has it that a Venti marriage option was nixed from the game during production. Leaving this as the only main line RF where the girl they spend the whole game throwing at you isn't actually an available marriage candidate.

EDIT: In retrospect, I really should have just done all these tutorial posts as a single update. But finally, honest to Venti gameplay incoming. I swear I spend more time waiting for screenshots to convert than I do playing the game, but it's better than having none at all. From here on out, I'm paraphrasing the tutorials to spend more time playing the drat game.

That's disappointing, I expect more from my anime waifu games.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I've been playing RF3 on emulator and there's no female protagonist option. I like the bachelorettes though. None of them seem awful to me, although Sofia's opposite-speak gimmick is a little annoying.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

TracerK posted:

You get used to it after a while.

She certainly has a lot more... interesting things to say once you're friends with her, though:

Okay, I saw hints of that so far, but nothing so extreme yet :stare:

My girlfriend is a bird, though. That's cool.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Oh my god I didn't know RF3 tied marriage into the plot. :allears:

Raven is the cutest

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Raven still cute.

By the way, you guys may enjoy a little manga called The Delicious Dungeon (or Dungeon Meshi). It's about a party of adventurers who lose one of their members in a battle gone wrong and have to dive the dungeon to rescue her, eating dungeon flora and fauna along the way. There's a Rune Factory-esque bit where they harvest vegetables grown on the back of earth golems.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dungeon-meshi-r13871

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 15, 2016

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

In RF3 I was running out of RP before I could even get two screens into the first dungeon for the first week or two of playing. Pretty sure I would have run myself out of RP fighting the boss even if I just ran straight for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

So, a fun thing you can do with failed dishes (at least in RF3): you know how you can feed food to animals to befriend them and get them on your farm? Well, you can feed things to any monster in the game, and all the food effects apply... including on bosses. Throw a Super Fail dish at a boss for fun times.

• Locked thread