Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

HenryEx posted:

Well, i do have the entire game's english script in a text file somewhere, if that would help :v:

Sadly i can't just put it into pastebin, because apparently pastebin has a 512KB file limit. The things you learn...

(the game's script has 99,572 entries, this does not include strings like names, people, items, their descriptions etc)

Can you use something to cut it into chunks? Maybe this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
It's sad that I just discovered today that you could have townsfolk accompany you into dungeons and they can be equipped with spare gear. I am up to the last dungeon (trying to unlock it) and running the bonus dungeon for over-powered gear.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 7, 2016

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Funny how you got a golden cabbage in the woods. I found a level 10 Turnip there in my game.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

The Sharance Maze has plenty of worthwhile rewards, the trick is doing it properly. By which I mean wearing a rosary when you enter, which eliminates all of the regular monsters and the mazes, turning it into a high level boss rush where you can gather crafting materials and recipe bread.

Besides that, it drops a variety of high level items and recipes. For most people, it's the only way they ever get pineapple juice to complete their request log (I will obviously be showing off the more annoying, difficult, and time consuming way to do it).

Don't use the Rosary if you're looking for equipment. Chests only spawn in normal rooms that are not the start or the boss room in randomized dungeons.

Speaking of chests, Sharence maze chests appear to use the same drop tables throughout the entire maze. Those tables also appear to have unlocks in them based on crops grown/shipped and either recipes learned or crafting levels. I have found top tier equipment, spells, and boss drops in them before they were craft-able/buy-able/farm-able respectively, on the first floor of the first section on normal difficulty.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Wayne posted:

A lot of people like the cute energetic type, so there you have it. Can't deny that adding "young" and "is a butterfly" to that isn't :japan: as all heck, though.

A butterfly that spreads poison and death everywhere it goes.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

I’ll need a lot more prince points, but now that I’ve beaten the poo poo out of Amber, I can rekill her once per day for 20 points each time.

If you leave before the particle effect disappears you can re-fight any boss as many times a day as you want. I think you need to use the escape spell to do it.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

I see your nitpick and raise you a nitpick of your nitpick. The Bread+ sold by Porcoline, sadly, does not teach the high level (skill level 80+) cooking recipes. Those can only be learned from the Bread+ dropped by Sharance Maze bosses, or rarely from treasure chests in said maze and Rune Prana. This is what we call a total bullshit mechanic that I hate.

Also, I generally skip that particular bit of bullshit in favor of making level 10 Relax Tea, which gives an absolutely absurd boost to max RP, and is usually enough to let me craft anything without a recipe.

I see your Nitpicks and raise you one more! Bread+ is only dropped by END-bosses of Sharance maze. The easiest maze is still 10 floors long and Bread-types are random. Even with late game tricks, It took me a few weeks to get all the Bread+ recipes.

I prefer lvl10 Formulade for crafting but I started playing with that after beating the game.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Haifisch posted:

Dylas doesn't just contain tsundere. He's tsundere incarnate. With horse ears.

Tsundere horse?

Also speaking of ghosts there's a big hooded guy in the next dungeon that might make a nice recruit. I think he's also a higher level than Art but should still be possible to recruit.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

True, I just don't like growing trees.

Apple orchards are a good way to level your soil to 100, but you'll need a full year+ of harvests to do it. I did one in 2-3 hours of just waking up, collecting all my apples, shipping them, watering the field, and sleeping. I should've cooked some now that I think about it.

Shining trees basically trade soil HP for lumber but will get you a lot of it for a full 255HP on leveled up soil. I got 135-140 (I think) lumber per tree. I think it's faster to just clear vacant fields every 3 days though.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I find battle hammers do increased damage to slimes. It's like they resist slice damage but are weak to blunt damage. I don't remember if fists work any better.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I was running an experiment today in regards to farming wood and stone. If you have a perfectly leveled field (soil HP = 255), and plant it with trees (at least one per 2x2 patch or 18 in total though i did a full field and made them giant), you can get over 2400 wood per complete harvest. You can replenish it's health with compost, wilted grass (plow it in), and 2 other crops which I don't know if we have gotten yet (but should soon). If it takes less than an hour to clear 18 trees and then replenish the soil, It would be more efficient than using fallow land which gets about 1500 of each resource per hour using 3-4 fields and i think soil health/level affects that number as well.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You could've grabbed a bird at the Water/Horse temple. He's not all that useful but he's there.

A tip with random monster recruits that I've been observing but haven't been able to explain. As you know, as long as you have some barn space, any monster at any level can join you. If a monster does not join you after several tries with depleting your inventory, get new items. They do not have to be different types, and for non-boss monsters, any junk will do. This has worked for me with several higher-level monsters that I have recruited in the past. I think part of the recruiting process involves a hidden value in each item that is not displayed and cannot be modified. Part of this is that I've observed that on some difficult recruits, I saw the same item in my inventory give me a 4th or 5th-size heart on different encounters of the same monster species, 3 or 4 times in a row. When I sold everything and scavenged more junk and tried again, I got different results and it usually worked.

Also remember to brush it 15 times (or until you stop seeing the gold note).

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I would HIGHLY recommend you (and new players) grab the Death Moth(Ambrosia) and either Tsundere Horse(Thunderbolt) or The Puppet(Marionetta) if you're gonna use monsters, as soon as you can. I don't think we have access to giant crops yet, but you should be able to grab cake or pie from Porcoline which will work with The Puppet.

Also, sleeping seems to help randomize recruitment chances. If you try and fail to recruit something, reload the game and sleep for a day, save, and try again.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

But more importantly, humans can heal. In the midgame, this is important.

So can monsters. That Fairy you grabbed should be able to.

Thanks for recruiting my friends! Now you have a proper horse too!

mastersord fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 28, 2016

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

I could swear I've never seen a monster cast a cure spell, but I could be wrong. Still, I prefer human companions anyway.

Though honestly having a horse or wolf to ride around town is pretty awesome.

I used to run with a Blue in Sharence Maze. It was pretty reliable to cast full heals.

I find pets are easier to get and gain levels pretty fast. I never used townsfolk because they were very fussy about when they would join and for how long. If an event was going on and you couldn't get it to finish without using a guide (like I've been in for 20+ in-game years) and none will join, a pet that doesn't run away is far better.

-They don't use equipment except as food
-They never go home until you tell them to, and they'll always come with you when you ask.
-They level faster than you.
-They can recover on their own when killed if you survive and finish the battle.
-They gain stats through both normal leveling and through daily feedings. Give them a random item to eat once a day and they get a permanent stat boost from that item.
-You can ride them.
-I like telling that old bastard "That idea you had of using magic to create and control monsters was pretty awesome. Not only did I kill you, but I'm better at it than you! Btw, say hi to my new friends!". Then I sit back as Death Moth and whoever else I decided to take with me throw him around for 15 seconds while I pick up his old photo and a broken rune sphere before teleporting away.

The trick with monsters is to go for the ones that are higher level than you. Most boss' taming items tend to be plot-locked to after the boss' point of usefulness with the exception of the first 3 bosses (which also tended to be the most useful). However, non-boss tamable monsters can all be recruited with any junk you find and at any level (even 10,000 levels higher than yourself) . It takes time and patience while you learn that monster's attack patterns while you try and chase it down to brush it or throw it an item.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Blind Duke posted:

Those fire rooms are horrific with the regenerating fire enemies, as it does not matter how much damage you deal if the creature is thrown into the air it will regenerate a little health and not die

subsequent hits just repeat this, you need to hit them at a relatively specific time to minimize their time in the air

this gets obnoxious facing Ambrosia in the postgame dungeon and her regenerating butterfly attack

I don't remember this being a problem for me. Ambrosia's damage is nasty but you can avoid it if you play solo.

This does go into a little tip I would like to bring up: Be aware and careful with your partners' attack elements

At this point, players might have access to the Fairy monster "Red" (Selfia Plains, outside the room leading to the pit where you fight Ancient Dragon and can be tamed with anything you can find). If you want to try and tame it, it's a fire caster with frequent AoE fire attacks. This is nice in most areas of the game until you get to the Delirium Ruins. Now you run into enemies that absorb fire and they get healed by it.

The big 4 elements (wind, water, earth, and fire) tend to have monsters that are immune to them. I tend to limit myself to physical attackers and recently multi-element casters.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
The Sechs are pretty up there in "cartoonishly evil". They're on the right track though. Monsters are good at killing stuff but they aren't easy to control. Believe me, I've tried em all (well most of em. I have all of the game's monsters sitting in my barns)

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I used Green as my first monster companion. Green uses wind element attacks, most of which home in on other monsters, and is a boss in Sharence maze and dungeon flowers. I don't remember if she can group heal.

The element fairies are rare encounters outside of the spoilers above and the free one we just passed. Each one of 4 (Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow) has a single room in the game where they sometimes can spawn. Each one uses attacks of a single element(Fire, wind, water, and Earth respectively), making them useful AoE casters until you run into monsters that absorb their particular element.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

I'm running with the assumption that the orcs are native to this area near the border, and the Sechs don't gently caress with them. BUt the second half of the dungeon has specific Sechs monsters so maybe they're all on the payroll, hard to say.

The Orcs, like all other normal monsters, can be tamed with garbage. My guess is the old geezer just threw rocks at them till they loved him enough to stay. Heck, it's what I did.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Dungeon flowers have one use as a good source of stone for furniture and expansions.

A giant dungeon flower will reach the enemy level of the last Sharence Maze dungeon if you water it for a few days after it matures.

Otherwise that's all I know on this topic.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Now that you have a field dungeon, you have access to what I call the "odd-numbered floor Sharence Maze Bosses". They are random and change every time you enter a field dungeon but they come from a small list of which many are rare or even unique encounters (like that giant King Wooly). Some can be recruited but not all. You can farm the elemental fairies quite easily here. Monster users should consider grabbing Blue here as a water-caster and Healer.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I don't remember when she sells it (my file is in post game), but White Grass can be bought from Nancy at the hospital/apothecary. It's also occasionally available from the flower shop. It's 120G a piece.

You can also waste a few hours (2-3 in-game years) with an apple orchard farm to max-level the soil and then apply Giantizers once to get giant crops for the rest of the game (water crops for one extra day and they become giant the next day as long as they're planted as 4 in a 2x2 grid). I'm not sure you even need the Giantizers, but I've never used anything on my soil except wet-able powder and Clover since then. Strangely, I've lvl 10-ed all crops and flowers but I haven't shipped all giant crops yet. I should get on that one of these days.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
If you're looking for high level colored grasses, DO NOT use any random dungeons. The items that are found on the floor outside of chests are always level 1

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
There's that one room in Leon Karnac with the squirrels where you can farm for an item that can REALLY break the game when used in upgrading.

Marionetta is a pretty decent attacker. It's one flaw is that it has an attack with an extraordinarily long animation which it likes to use on juggled corpses a lot.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
We're already dating manic-depression (as 2 separate entities mind you). Do we really need the baggage of another? Besides, you don't want to end up in a trunk skewered with swords, do ya?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Remember. Pin Cushion!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

I used Escape to teleport back to the entrance… and it sent me to Yokmir Cave. The gently caress rear end hell balls?

You do realize you can just use escape over and over again until you're back in your room right?

Also, was that green dragon back there recruit-able? Cause that would be hilarious!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Just remember! Stabby stabby!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Artificer posted:

I would like to see the content of the other girls at least.

We can just imagine that these are a series of What Ifs or something.

Edit: Gotta say I still favor Margaret but I am warming to kind of crazy haunted elf girl. Perhaps due to the more events we have seen with her?

That's actually not a bad idea! The game has 3 save slots and a New game+ order where you can carry over most of your stuff (see http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?p=4749197#p4749197).

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Zagglezig posted:

So how much time before Venti gets a new body?

about 1-10 in-game years, depending on whether or not you like to save-spam town events

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

Okay, was wondering why it took all night and all day to get the latest batch of screenshots prepared and transferred over to my PC (stupid New3DS and it's harder to access SD card...), but it turns out that's because there are 8000 screenshots here. Apparently the raw data for the previous batch didn't get deleted I guess. That's odd. Means deduplication on this batch is going to take forever though.

A fundamental limit to your existence based entirely upon birth. So, say, like being royalty?

That analogy just doesn't work. It would be better to say that a rare subspecies that can use magic exists, and you can become president regardless of whether or not you are one. Actually, given that we've never seen an Earthmate in a position of power or authority before this game (and Art became Prince by accident, not because he's an Earthmate), it's even less likely.

As for an afterlife, there's been some waffling in the series on whether or not humans' souls go to the Forest of Beginnings when they die, but I think the official stance at this point is that they don't. But are you suggesting that monsters are immortal? Because the implication with Ventuswill's death is that she's dying and never coming back, but a new dragon god will take her place.

Also if we take the game-play as fact of the reality of Art's world, other than having an easier time with some advanced gate magic, there is really nothing special about being an "Earth-mate". Everyone can tame monsters (There was a monster competition in one of the update). Every monster and human can obtain in-human strength and power given enough training and time. All food, medicine, and equipment can be manufactured by anyone at any quality given enough practice(see shops and competitions). The economy is totally broken. Only Art may have access to Sharence Maze, but if anyone can grow any of the crops available, they could also find and grow dungeon flowers and farm them too.

Speaking of time, no one ages.

Let's face it, Ethelbird is railing on something that he could easily obtain through hard work effort (and a little brushing and some high-end recipes)

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 7, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

YggiDee posted:

We can probably argue that Earthmates are the only people who can consistently level up crops. Like, once you ship high level seeds, other people can presumably grow them but the protagonist seems to be the only person who can take a low level seed and grow better seeds from it. Also animal produce. Can you even buy high level milk/eggs/etc?

Granny can produce infinite of any crop at any level you ship, regardless (does she even HAVE a farm?), and high/max level crops and animal products can also be found in chests which spawn enough that if everyone hunted for them every day, you could have specimens of all possible crops within a few years time, which could be then shipped to Granny and the flower shop to be produced infinitely and sold back to everyone.

The ability to level crops has to do with the quality of your farm tools and soil (which has little to nothing to do with you being special).

I guess you could argue that only Art can see and open chests.

I'm thinking a bit too hard about the game vs the story, but it really suffers from "I can't cross this 1-foot gap because only Mario can jump" except everyone CAN jump but refuses to when they need to.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Sharence maze requires more than the experience from beating the Act 3 dungeon in order to survive. A few tips:

1) Farm the dungeon. Use the escape spell frequently and sleep to heal up. Each room after the entrance and before the boss room, has a chance to spawn chests, including silver chests which always contain equipment and/or spells. Any type of equipment, including stuff that hasn't been learned or unlocked yet, can spawn, including top tier weapons and armor. permanent Stat boost meds also frequently spawn on these floors.

2) Try and recruit some monsters from the maze. They will all be a fair bit higher in level than yourself. They never leave your party until you dismiss them. They respawn when they get killed. Finally, they have limitless RP to spam spells (if they can cast and have a magic based attack). I would again recommend the elemental fairies since I know that Blue (and I think Green) cast party healing spells. Normal monsters will take any items you give them when trying to recruit them. Even with 15 brushes you have a 1-5% chance to recruit monsters over a certain number levels higher than yourself. Getting one or 2 should only take an hour or so at most.

3) Exploit the crafting system. Upgrade with a 10-fold steel and a giant Crystal to make a piece of armor that will make certain element-based attacks heal instead of hurt. I would recommend Giant Blue crystal first since a lot of enemies tend to use water based attacks. A 10-fold on a weapon followed by a legendary scale will give your attacks an HP drain effect that will also heal you.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 9, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

I just think this is a funny mental image.

Imagine a million moth-women coming over the horizon. The massive shock waves from their screaming hits the town like tidal waves as buildings crumble and people and animals are battered around like dribbling basket balls. You don't even hear the sounds before you're on your back in a pile of rubble that used to be your house. Then the pink butterflies swarm in. It's kinda beautiful at first until they start to feed, draining everyone and everything of all life until only husks remain..

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 13, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I don't remember where I found out about it, but love potions are great for raising everyone's FP/LP really fast. It doesn't work on Raven and, I think, Barett.

As for the sword flowers, did you level the seeds to 10? Also try Giant ones and then try watering giant ones for a week or 2. I discovered that dungeon flowers actually have 3 growth stages (normal, giant, and giant+1 week), so I wonder if sword and shield flowers work the same way.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

Leveling sword flower seeds (and shield flower seeds) is actually actively harmful. The resulting weapon will be level 10, sure, but it will be upgraded with nine randomly selected items, most of which will be utter crap. And unfortunately, you can't make giant ones. The only way to get better plant swords and shields is to just keep trying. I recently learned that, prior to my earlier belief, they can actually randomly have the stats of any weapon, not just short swords. I'm not sure if it's locked to weapons you're able to forge or to plot progression or something else.

I checked GameFAQs a few hours ago and was about to edit my post. Oh well.

It looks like the results are determined at harvest, so you can soft-reset till you get what you want, which at 64 flowers should not take long.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 18, 2017

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

On the one hand, the implication is that the new native dragon won't be born until sometime after Venti's death.

On the other hand, Grimoire has appeared and gotten his rear end kicked in every game, it's very possible that the natural order of things has been trying to provide a new Wind Dragon, but since baby native dragons are all destructive assholes, Earthmates and sheepmen keep slaughtering them.

Going back to Sharence maze, there's apparently a whole race of native dragon clones and they're all assholes. Powerful assholes but assholes none-the-less.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I have a lot to say about Sharance Maze (that I probably haven't said already). With the amount of in-game time I spend there, I practically live there.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Truthkeeper posted:

Tell me about it. Once I can survive it, I usually end up spending more time there than anywhere else farming those damned Breads + and dragon scales.

You shouldn't be farming dragon scales unless you need high level ones. You can buy them from Raven if you've shipped them.

I posted some stuff last night in the sticky thread over on the gameFAQs board for miscellaneous tips and tricks. You don't need much but here's some tips and recommendations:

- Make a piece of armor with 1 each of the 4 Giant Crystal flowers and a 10-fold steel. They don't have to be worn right now, but keep them around when you recognize an attack of that element for free healing. Element fairy bosses practically become Zelda fairies.
- Get fast shoes such as Fairy Boots that inherit a Ghost Boots and a Rocket Wing (or just make or find a Rocket Wing if you can't make the others yet). Speed is just as important as damage.
- If you have access to a legendary scale, consider upgrading a weapon with it and a 10-fold steal for even more drain attack.
- If you use magic, check any dishes you find that restore at least 800 RP and save a few.
- Don't wear a Rosary unless you want to do a long boss-rush. If you beat said boss rush, it still counts as beating the maze towards unlocking the next maze.
- "If you can't beat em, make em join you!" Try and recruit a powerful monster or 2 from the maze. I recommend passing all "decrease level" orders (which actually increase the level of monster) and grab the highest level monster you can (using junk and brushing 15 times), and then passing all the "increase level" orders to bring it back down. It's scary and risky and you will probably die a lot, but once you have a monster who's 10x or 100x your level or more, it will be well worth it. It can take about a hour at most if you're looking for something specific. Again, I recommend Blue fairy, but the wizard enemies, demons, and normal fairies can all cast heal spells. I have not tried the other normal enemies.
- Love potions are probably the best medicine you will find in the maze. Save them for any status ailments you might get. I think they also restore a lot of RP and HP.
- Keep the escape spell handy. The maze is like the Ancient Cave in Lufia but you can escape at any time. You will want to do this when you find any good equipment or spells, but also when you know you will die if you stay.
- The last room with the gate is never marked on you map. Explore as much as you want, but keep this in mind.
- Anything on the ground disappears as soon as you leave the room.
- You partners will attack any mimic chests on site. They will also accidentally destroy chests in chest rooms when a mimic is in the room. Get fast shoes and run to all chests in a room before your partners destroy them.
- Do not heal your partners. if they cannot cut it in the maze, they need to toughen up. Seriously, healing resources when you first start running the maze are gonna be limited until you are comfortable.
- Speaking of chests, if the path splits, changing direction has a better chance of leading to a chest room than continuing straight.
- Any and all weapons and armor can spawn in Silver chests at any level, including stuff you cannot make yet. Only spells and skills you have already found can appear in silver chests. Farm equipment does not seem to spawn.
- Any dishes found outside of chests are level 1 and therefore are safe to eat. Any dishes found in chests can be of any level and can have extra ingredients which may status or even kill you, so check the descriptions carefully.
- Don't eat Lamp Squid Sashimi. It inflicts Seal status and is commonly found on the ground.
- Prioritize what you pick up. Keep anything un-shipped, any high-level material drops, anything worth over 10,000G, any rare material drops (Dragon scales and boss drops especially), Love potions, and finally dishes that can restore a lot of HP and/or RP. Ditch stuff in the last category if you need more room.
- Slimes resist physical damage but not other elements.
- Upgrade your weapon with a shade stone. This will reduce enemy resistances by a tier such that enemies that get healed by your attack become immune, immune enemies become just resistant, and resistant enemies take full damage.
- Bring some kind of elemental weapon to deal with ???? enemies and Void gates. Spells will work too.
- Odd floors (1, 3, 5, 7, etc..) have a random boss from a list of rare normal monsters. Some of them are recruit-able. Even floors (2,4, 6, 8, etc..) have boss monsters as bosses.
- The dungeon is random and so is the loot. You can use the escape spell to farm treasure rooms. I would recommend doing so in order to get some top tier weapons. I found a Fenrir Fist on the first floor of the first maze on normal.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You don't need to get a boss in red to recruit it. It's supposed to help, but I've never noticed. If you want to recruit a strong boss, brush it 14 times before giving it gifts.

Greater demon likes to use an earth attack after his shock wave pound. Make a piece of armor with (I think) Giant White Crystal and 10-fold steel. You have access to both by now.

With Super high-leveled monsters, you'll need multiple tries at recruiting them, even with a full inventory of taming items. It can take up to an hour or more sometimes.

Both Black Dragon and Death Orc are not recruit-able. They are two of the "odd floor" bosses of Sharence Maze (see the sticky topic at gameFAQs for spoilers), of which several are also not recruit-able as far as I can tell.

Also not all enemies in the game show up at Sharence Maze such as:

-Typhoon
-All 3 Native dragon clones
-Greater Demon 1, Octo-Pirate 1, Grimoire 1 (They are exclusive to Dungeon flower dungeons)
-Ethelbird-Venti end-boss from Act 2

mastersord fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread