Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Never played a Rune Factory game, but so far this is pretty interesting. Is this the first game where you got to pick your gender?

Truthkeeper posted:

No, this would be too soon, I think.

But there is no hurry. Take your time and you will find your place.

Thank you.

Oh, um, by the way...

General suggestion: I think it would look more natural and help lower confusion over whether a line should or shouldn't have a different portrait if you combined conversation lines from the same person that got separated out in the script for what I assume were in-game dialogue box restriction reasons.

ie.
No, this would be too soon, I think. But there is no hurry. Take your time and you will find your place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Does the game get a greenhouse type area for extra fields? The field you were given didn't look especially large compared to a Harvest Moon field and if it's your only source of wood to chop, then I have to wonder. Granted the adventuring is probably a little more robust in giving you stuff than HM's wilderness exploration.

Truthkeeper posted:

The sound of a man yelping in main is pleasant.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

You've got this set up as a link, rather than an image.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Incidentally, Paint.net is a good program for doing the character avatar stuff. You can copy an existing avatar, paste it to the screenshot you want, and drag the pasted image's border(separate from the entire pasted image) to the head you want to frame, and then copy and save that as a new image.

Truthkeeper posted:

Tory here is probably talking about one of Porcoline’s many relatives.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
"It's a Mystery" makes me think it's gonna be various townspeople putting together a murder mystery performance.

Truthkeeper posted:

No, I was your patiently. Literally thirty seconds ago.

Or rather, he was!It seems he slipped out from the clinic. Nancywas in a state of utter panic.

Got a typo and a couple spots that needed spaces.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
As far as the bronze>iron question goes, iron tends to be more brittle unless you know the techniques needed to keep your carbon content at the right ratio to make the iron hard, but not brittle, which is part of the reason bronze stuck around as long as it did. Bronze also doesn't rust. Doesn't explain why the game does the weird naming thing, though, especially since I assume there's actual iron ore to use. Maybe it's some mistake that got overlooked.

Truthkeeper posted:

I wish I had audio clips for stuff like that. And music, I would kill to be able to link the relevant bits of the soundtrack, but I've never had any luck finding it.
As far as music goes, looking up "Rune Factory 4 OST" on youtube seems to give plenty of results, though I don't know if that's what you're looking for. Not sure about the audio clips for quips, though it might be possible to isolate it from videos of the scenes. Not sure how to take out the background music, though. Incidentally, I found Volkanon's bridge building bit.

Truthkeeper posted:

drat window shoppers like to make that harder than it has to me.
From the "stolen watch" update.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Margaret won two coin flips to decide from three ladies.

Truthkeeper posted:

That mustn't happen. I can't leave the town of Selphia.

Why...?

Little spot in the plot dump update where Venti is talking to herself.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So is the chimera a respawning boss like the others?

Truthkeeper posted:

I'm actually getting useful information out of a name faceless NPC.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So how much is determined by monster AI, base stats, and skills vs how much they like you as far as that Buddy Battle goes?

Truthkeeper posted:

Well, it could just be me. The evidence would suggest we have no prior connection to one another.
---------
Mr. Volkanon, tell use the rules!
----------

-----------
A ghost?

Some people suspect it may be Pico...
-----------
a probe into the Delirium Lave Ruins,

Some typos and spots where the wrong image may have been used.

Zagglezig fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 26, 2016

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
What exactly was Doug requesting with the clover? Partly grow some clover and shovel it down into the fields instead of harvesting? Does that actually work and is there a min growth level required?

Truthkeeper posted:

You can from real lasting friendships with them

one of many standalong bosses scattered around the countryside.

Couple typo spots.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Truthkeeper posted:

At Sechs, they convinced me that she killed them...

Art. Let me ask you once again. I want you to save Leon. Will you release him? Will you release the last Guardian?

Spot missing Doug's face and one where it need's Venti's face instead.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, is Venti gonna give back the memories of the other three former guardians? She doesn't have to worry about them running off to re-sacrifice themselves.

Truthkeeper posted:

As this update ends Act 1, it also ends out voting.

Yeah. It can also call bring someone back.

Coming here, I got to know a little more about everyone's feelings. It made me want to talk with you even more than I already did. Because I'm sure I'll like you even more, knowing what I know. So... Goodbye.

Couple typo spots, a doubled image, and a wrong portrait.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
The one friend every few centuries in mind, do you think the other three also had bizarre ways they first met her? I suppose Leon might not, since I guess she was fairly young and small, but she may have gone a bit more regal-ish by Dolce or Leon's time.

Truthkeeper posted:

It really is bizarre. Like seeing some plain Jane suddenly become a princess.

You don't count, 'cause you can wait forever if you need to.

Found some more mixed up avatar spots.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
It seems so weird that this single soldier comes in to take on the whole town with only what he thinks is one other person to help, labels himself as boss of someone significant from the intro, dumps all this exposition, doesn't get killed here, and he doesn't even have a real name. If his rank is that important and we're going to be seeing him again, you'd think they'd at least do that much.

Truthkeeper posted:

No, Venti, you don't understand. You're feeling the way you do... because of them.

Got a portrait problem there.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I don't know what they tried in the first game, but from the sounds of it they're at least taking a lesson from the Terrable defeat. They've placed a spy who they actively manipulated to be pissed at the dragon into the dragon's town, clearly found out the rune sphere's purpose or at least power before the game even started, and currently they know that controlling the rune spheres gives them at least four transforming super soldiers and removes the dragon threat.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I dunno, I like the idea of the protag going around talking about their big date with Big D.

Truthkeeper posted:

Honestly, why must you always do such dangerous things?

Should this one be the old lady?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So if the emperor is personally tramping around here, who's running the empire? Did he get his own protagonist-ish character to deal with Emperor duties like Arthur and Venti got you to?
I don't know much about the Sech's Empire, but they seem like the sort to have treacherous politicians.

Truthkeeper posted:

Really? We’re splashing freezing cold now?
------------------

Well, they’re all good hats in their own right for the time that they first become available, but I’m after something bigger.

Got an extra water headdress pic in front of the four seasons.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So if you upgrade your room for the extra space, does the game not let you put the various stations outside?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So is Leon the main source for better magic?

Also never really thought about it before now, does the Rune Factory series not have people that un-wooed bachelors/bachelorettes will get together with? Since it's more plot driven and less about life on a farm I can see why, I'm just so used to that being the case from Harvest Moon it didn't occur to me that it wouldn't happen here.

Truthkeeper posted:

it’s time to stomp through the Seches territory and confront the…

Alright, not I can stop caring about contests for a while

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I'm genuinely curious about what Ethelberd plans to do when you get up there. He's just so proud of his makeshift earthmate skills and the native dragon thing, but you've beaten all the dragons he's thrown at you and he still seems to think he's got you cornered. Is he gonna have an army of clone native dragons at one time and fuse his soldiers into them or what.

Truthkeeper posted:

Sure!

Oh, good! Come right this way, then.

I think you're missing an image where she asks you if you have time or something.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Wonder if these latest tanks and golem were leftovers from the programs prior to plan rune sphere dragons. Good enough to put on the floating island, but not to focus production on when resources could go to the new stuff.

Truthkeeper posted:

top-tier water spell, Delta Laster

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So how much time before Venti gets a new body?

Truthkeeper posted:

What the hell? She was fine until he reminded her he wasn’t?

WHAT?! THAT'S NOT TRUE!!

second one needs Doug instead of Arthur.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, as someone who has no context for the "elves eat humans" thing, is this a matter of actively hunting people down or more of a "well, they aren't elves, so I don't see why we shouldn't eat them if the meat presents itself"?

Truthkeeper posted:

Observe the Mineral Squeak!

he always drops one ever time he loses HP

liked to know why meg came here instead

What was that? "C'mere"?

But where is the maestro of this magnificent effort, the lady Meg herself?

Some typos, couple wrong portraits.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Huh, I think that's the first time I've ever seen any media make someone ticklish to head pats.

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Mineral Squeek is how it appears in the game, along with Chipsqueek and whatever other squeeks are in the game. I had to double-check that myself.

I know, that's why I pointed it out. The update has it spelled with "ea" there and the screenshot just above it has the correct spelling with "ee".

Got a boy face in the second Forte conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
And here I'd assumed Venti did her memory wipe stuff mostly from a distance while people were still unconscious in the clinic. Think she teleported them around? I can't imagine she had anyone bring them and they still seem to be knocked out while she's talking.
Also assumed that the animal-ish forms were due to the change into boss monsters and that not fully reversing, but I guess if Amber used to go flying with Venti, that's not the case.

Ignores Art week update

Truthkeeper posted:

] I'll pay whatever price you ask.

I think I’ve heard that before.

That's all I can tell you... Good luck.

I’m form an unruly mob and hand out torches and pitchforks!

We'll going through with it,

Omni gate update

Truthkeeper posted:

Hmph! I abolished that irksome position centuries ago.

Venti! Wait! Don't go!

Got an extra bracket on that first one, seem to be missing a picture with dialogue from Forte on the second, some typos, and three wrong person talking images.

• Locked thread