Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Lunar Suite posted:

Personally, I found some Hot Milk pretty much always maxed out my RP bar, and - well, the heal spell is super cheap so why bother with HP foods?
Good progress! Are you going to make an effortpost about whatever soil levels do? I ended up ignoring them...

Yeah, Hot Milk is also my go to RP item, as it's super easy to produce.
Also: Spears/Lances all the way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Aithon posted:

Where do you get all this milk? Do you just buy it? I got a cow monster later on but I guess it's a bull, because it just drops horns.

Instead, my healing item of choice is dozens upon dozens of pickled Sweet Potatoes.

Specifically, check out the Southeast of the Selphia Plain.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Truthkeeper posted:

A lot of lumber is right. There’s never as much material in this game as I need. I often devote half my fully expanded farm in the late game just to sitting there letting stumps and rocks build up so I can break them. But that’s another update, way down the line from now.
word to the wise: do NOT plant an entire field full of lumber trees.
Took me a week ingame and a day irl to clear that field.
It did leave me with 5K lumber though

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

ousire posted:

Can you build / move monster barns out to the special fields and use them there?

Yes, each field can hold up to two barns, but let's not get too much into that yet, since it hasn't been covered by the LP yet.

Personally I don't find the fields to be too large, once you upgrade your tools watering etc becomes a breeze and you only need to keep one field with high soil quality to upgrade your crop levels.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Truthkeeper posted:

It's not that Stardew Valley is a bad game, because it's not, it's great. It reminds me a lot of the original Harvest Moon, and more than a little of Harvest Moon DS.

There's just nothing special to distinguish it, it's a Harvest Moon clone, and not a particularly special one.

I like both of them, and have been playing too much Stardew Valley lately.
One thing I appreciate a lot about it is that it isn't so... Japanese. By that I mean that all the singles are actual grown-ups and that you can date whoever you like regardless of your gender. I pretty much always play as the female character, so in RF4 it sucked that all the bachelors were turds and I couldn't date the bachelorettes.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

MundaneBread posted:

Yeah I mean, I didn't mean to imply it was a bad game. But the lack of Japanese culture does a lot for Stardew Valley, makes it feel a lot more relatable. Like the one family that straight up lives in a mobile home. Again, I haven't played much of Stardew Valley, I have been playing RF4 instead :) My GF however, has played a lot of Stardew Valley. Like 60 hours over the past week and a half. Does anyone else think she needs an intervention?

No, that is the normal human reaction to discovering Stardew Valley! :)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Aesclepia posted:

Not to get too off-topic, but that's been grinding my gears for years that Harvest Moon couldn't move past 1950 in gender relations. Let me date whoever the gently caress I want to! Then again, I resort to naming my main character very gendered names or very neutral ones and pretendings, so.

If you haven't already, then you should definitely pick up Stardew Valley, which is also a lot more mature in what topics it includes and shows, such as depression, poverty and PTSD.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Truthkeeper posted:

[imghttp://lpix.org/2478653/scr_80_TOP_RIGHT.png [/img]
You've got a broken image tag here.

Truthkeeper posted:

Well...that's none of your business!
This line has the wrong portrait.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Roro posted:

Being from the UK, I haven't played the game so I can't be sure, but

is attributed to Forte, but it sounds like it should belong to someone else?

You should be able to buy and download a copy through the Nintendo store, it's what I did in Germany, so I'd assume it should work for you as well.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I'm going to throw a vote Forte's way.
It's a shame that the bachelors suck this much in this game.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I'll change my vote from Forte to Margaret, let's not get into a threeway that involves Pico.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I'm going to go against the trend so far and say Art should start dating Forte in addition to Dolce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Truthkeeper posted:

He claims to have learned that there are powers greater than tanks when he was talking about his plans for the Rune Spheres. Maybe these tanks were just in the budget anyway and he felt like he needed to do something with them? He clearly doesn't expect them to stop or even really slow down Art.
Look, if you know how much of a hassle it is to get a new budget through the Sechs Senate Appropriation Comittee in order to move funds from tanks into Rune Spheres, you would rather use them as chaff too.

• Locked thread