Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The big problem with playing as Frey is all the bachelors being duds

Volkanon being a romance option would immediately invert that situation though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Frey is okay with the last bachelor if only because she doesn't fall for his poo poo and relentlessly breaks his poise

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Or just down healing potions since they drop off the environment all the dang time and you can shotgun them without an eating animation

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Be a Hammer Bro.

If I knew the game has a bachelorette named Forte I'd have voted for you to name Art Gospel and woo her, but as is she's not very interesting on first glance so eh.

Everyone seems a bit boring at first glance until you get into dating them, then some crazy backstory you will never get otherwise pops out

Randomly discovering the secondary uses for fists in the mirror dungeon on my own lends me to suggesting Fists, although I ended up using every type through the game depending on what I could craft

never figured out staffs though

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I think suplexes and thrown monsters count as Love element in attacks, since enemies immune to the Love element don't take damage/heal from throw attacks

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I once got a love potion off a random drop, and I just figured 'okay using this will probably have some negative consequences, I'll try it out on another save'

most of the girls get sorta uncomfortable because you just tried to magically change how they feel about you ya creep

Amber and Xiao Pai get confused and a little scared, because you are trying to seduce little girls you loving creepo

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
If I ever needed wood I would just clean up a dungeon garden

btw there are dungeon gardens

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I hope you get into the insane secret side of equipment crafting that I don't totally understand, but apparently I can boost a ring to 5x drop chance?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
After a specific point you can change your character portrait to the reverse sex and be transqueer

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I would actually store mass amounts of super failed dishes for the mirror dungeon where my attacks do barely any damage and they can one-shot me

so with an inventory full of terrible food I just food poison all the monsters to death, as surely such a hard thing will have great rewards at the end

(There is no massive worthwhile reward in the mirror dungeons)

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Amber

I'm curious how the gently caress that dialogue is supposed to work, and I'm not going on a watchlist to sate that

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
At least with a certain bachelor rear end in a top hat we have not met yet, you turn his rear end in a top hat shtick against him when married

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Taming boss monsters seemed too tedious for the payout, so the first monster I used and leveled a decent amount was Typhoon

Heal, magic and physical attacks. And doesn't fill the screen like some dragon options later

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Those fire rooms are horrific with the regenerating fire enemies, as it does not matter how much damage you deal if the creature is thrown into the air it will regenerate a little health and not die

subsequent hits just repeat this, you need to hit them at a relatively specific time to minimize their time in the air

this gets obnoxious facing Ambrosia in the postgame dungeon and her regenerating butterfly attack

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
A butler that is a god at fast building bridges

there are occasional soldier NPC's that wander around, but looking at the things they say it's a small comfort

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Cherry trees in spring because Japan, and glorious capitol city Washington DC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I remember diamonds and Platinum being a big thing I needed to craft the next tier of equipment for a long time before I progressed enough to access this area

I also delved into Maya Road a long time before I was supposed to and powerleveled the hell out of the intended section

• Locked thread