Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
This made me pick up my version again! I cut my video game farming teeth on Harvest Moon 64 and this has hit a lot of the same buttons for me.

I never got the romancing villagers, strangely enough. I just sat around farming and killing stuff. I really like how you can get to what seemed like endgame without any romance, too!

tldr, this is a good game and I'm excited to watch this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
I liked the dual-blades, nice and quick for button-mashing attacks. I've got to vote for axes/hammers, though, because :orks101:

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

sheep-dodger posted:

I like both of them, and have been playing too much Stardew Valley lately.
One thing I appreciate a lot about it is that it isn't so... Japanese. By that I mean that all the singles are actual grown-ups and that you can date whoever you like regardless of your gender. I pretty much always play as the female character, so in RF4 it sucked that all the bachelors were turds and I couldn't date the bachelorettes.

Not to get too off-topic, but that's been grinding my gears for years that Harvest Moon couldn't move past 1950 in gender relations. Let me date whoever the gently caress I want to! Then again, I resort to naming my main character very gendered names or very neutral ones and pretendings, so.

I think our hero should be a little more surprised that he punched a butterfly monster and a girl popped out, btw.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
I wondered that too! I thought maybe I was missing visual cues for "this guy is a horse". Maybe his flowing locks are supposed to be a mane?

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
I especially like Art's jaunty hat in the last screenshot.

I'm so torn about Ven here. The whole not wanting to watch people die for you thing is understandable, but it then seems kind of crass that she justifies it as watching her friends die and then turns around and asks Art to do exactly the same. I wonder if it's more or less clear in the original Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
I also vote for Dolce since she's who I'm going for in my game. Though now maybe I'll pursue Forte...

So, last time I played this game I got stuck after the next dungeon. I thought I had beaten the game and didn't know where to go next, since Maya Road beat my rear end into the ground and back.

• Locked thread