Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Truthkeeper posted:

Very true, and it makes up for the fists otherwise lacking ability to hit multiple targets (usually, but wait until I start showing off fancy weapon upgrades in Act 3). But I find enemies tend not to be polite enough to group up enough for me to hit more than one with whatever I'm slamming.

As much as the collateral damage, I'd say the ability to keep some monsters stun-locked is it's own reward. It's pretty much how I manage to beat Maze bosses at early levels, combined with a high critical hit boost.

Don't forget that wrestling is for some reason considered love elemental damage, and is in fact one of the only sources of it in the game besides a few staves that aren't remotely endgame viable unless you interact with the crafting system to an enormous degree. Admittedly, this is mostly useful insofar as it is an element at all rather than being love element specifically, but still.

Anyway, I just got an amusing glitch involving broken dialog flags. (Pretty much all of this game's glitches involve broken dialog flags) It was the day before Forte's birthday, but apparently the whole town outside of Amber, Xiao Pai, Margaret, Kiel, and a bachelorette we haven't met yet (but including Forte herself) collectively decided it was Ventuswill's birthday instead. What made it amusing was that none of the lines for Ventuswill actually specifically mention it being her birthday, so it was like everyone was snubbing Forte and talking about giving presents to Ventuswill for no apparent reason.

Then the next day (during which Forte thankfully accepted her present) I finally triggered the last prereq event I needed for Margaret's pre-marriage event.

It was the one where she lets you call her by her nickname.

We've been dating for over a year. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Truthkeeper posted:

Shady? Sounds to me like you thought he was… I can’t decide on a booty call or masturbation joke. Insult your own here.

Please never fix this. :allears:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Margaret's great, as long as you don't mind waiting until the heat death of the universe to get married. Voting Dolce.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Daria is an elf (and also might be Margaret's sister).

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Gaius cockblocks himself just fine though?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That art is pretty neat, but now I'm seeing knockoff Sheikah symbols on those gloves and I can't stop thinking about Bongo Bongo.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

He's still probably one of the best bachelors, if only because he doesn't like Doug, and for the most part Doug is legitimately a Huge rear end in a top hat.

God, the choice of bachelors in this game is dire.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Yeah, I'd definitely put his particular brand of humor light years ahead of any of the unfunny offensive garbage that leaves Doug's mouth during sleepovers, please don't equate the two.

E: with the possible exception of when the trolling is directed at Kiel, because that's just mean. Dude's too naive to understand not to take it seriously and too nice to deserve it, even if he's not really marriage material.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 17, 2016

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh hey, Ironleafs reminded me of one of the sillier things you can do in this game. You know those little birds that like to hang out around the square and fly off if you get close to them? If you sneak up on them slowly enough, you can actually pick them up. Like Ironleafs, they can be thrown to deal piddly damage, and if you're quick enough on the draw you can grab them again before they fly off. In theory, you could run through an entire dungeon using nothing but bird-based combat, though sadly the bird disappears whenever you enter a boss arena. Bird throwing is also the only way that I know of to actually attack villagers, rather than just reducing their hp by feeding them literal poison, so feel free to spend a day harassing whoever you hate most.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

You have Blossom and Venti's portraits switched once at the end there.

It never really hit me until now that although the guardians were all friends with Venti and share a sort of sense of camaraderie based on that, they were all more or less complete strangers to each other before Art beat them up. It's actually kind of an interesting dynamic.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I find it extremely amusing that you've made such a habit of arranging all your dishes for the extra cash that you even arranged the turnip heaven you gave to Arthur for the request, even though there's no actual reason to do so.

Also, I'm in favor of expanding the harem.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Really, any argument about the unique qualities of earthmates that bases itself on gameplay mechanics is inherently flawed, because Micah isn't actually an earthmate, and he can still do basically all of those things.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Artificer posted:

I wonder which Arts you'll use for the other girls?

The Correct Choices: Amber gets Kiel, Xiao Pai gets whichever traveler model her dad uses, and Clorica gets herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That would also be acceptable, yes.

• Locked thread