Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ministry of silly air-walks.

It has to look silly at least for someone new to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Still watching this, it still does a decent job of making the fantasy sport interesting.

But I really do have to question some of the logic put into the world building. When they have magitech anti-grav devices that fit in a pair of shoes, why is Team Boring arriving and leaving in a helicopter with rotors?
And are there really no other sports using those shoes? Like some kind of Air Polo, or a 3D version of figure skating.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

I stopped watching after the episode where somebody was doing a bunch of moves and everybody got all scandalized because it was against the spirit of flying circus for some unclear reason and it was expecting a lot from the audience to care about the unwritten rules within a game of invented mechanics

Yeah hence "Team Boring", if you're just stalling the game while ahead, but technically stay inside the rules, sure you'll win but it's not really fun for either player. The classic "not about winning, but about having fun playing" theme. I'm guessing the resolution will be two-fold, first that our MCs develop tactics against the stalling techniques, and second that Inui learns to like engaging in fights and rejects the pure stalling.

• Locked thread