Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Is the thread broken

Hmm it wouldn't let me view new posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Okay that's really weird. The thread unbroke but those posts are forever lost to the void?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
That’s what it looks like to me.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
They were sacrifices to the Dark God Radium

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The forums got wrecked real good and now some threads are extra broken. We'll probably lose another 7 posts every 40 posts submitted or something.

I don't know of any restoration process short of a new thread.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I had the same “page doesn’t exist” error. I pm’ed videogames about it. I dont know if they fixed it or if the forum just fixed itself but that was weird.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The only solution is a new thread.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Op close this thread and make a new one. I need this thread in my life

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Obviously the solution is to downgrade the firmware by sodering the connections, then load ForumHax3DS so we can post from our new 3DS!

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

RedMagus posted:

Obviously the solution is to downgrade the firmware by sodering the connections, then load ForumHax3DS so we can post from our new 3DS!

Awful 3D, so you can post to and read the forums in full 3D!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

African AIDS cum posted:

Is the thread broken

Hmm it wouldn't let me view new posts

I’m having this problem with a few threads recently.:(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m having this problem with a few threads recently.:(

Over half of my bookmarked regular threads have this, and its finally offputting enough to make my honestly consider just quitting the forums. Super frustrating.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Very odd, the control panel said 9, and I only see the two between this one and my last post.

Didn't someone say they apparently lost 7 posts on the last page change, too?

Edit: And it's not even close to the page change, this is only the 13th post on the page.

Edit: After reading those two and making this post, the control panel still says I have 7 unread. Did someone get hellbanned?

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 16, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There are problems with this thread

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
No, those 7 posts are both gone forever and permanently unread.

e. but at least now there are posts on page 104. Before, you'd catch an error trying to go to it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

m2pt5 posted:

Very odd, the control panel said 9, and I only see the two between this one and my last post.

Didn't someone say they apparently lost 7 posts on the last page change, too?

Edit: And it's not even close to the page change, this is only the 13th post on the page.

Edit: After reading those two and making this post, the control panel still says I have 7 unread. Did someone get hellbanned?

If it was a normal hellban you wouldn't have to sacrifice 7 posts* to every new page. More like someone's account got unmade or corrupted.

*Or however many the post counter says.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo Homebrew Megathread - We pissed off the 3DS thread postcount

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The exploits are coming from inside the thread. :tinfoil:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone make a new thread

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

We must find these seven posts.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Maybe a mod could beecock some posts. That might fix things or set something on fire. Either way, you know.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
This is not a unique bug too this thread, it's been happening all over.

One of the coders for the forum deleted their own account, and thus every thread they ever touched is now broken, is my understanding of it.

If it's been addressed by the current staff, no clue. Only fix currently is to make a new thread.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fuzz posted:

This is not a unique bug too this thread, it's been happening all over.

One of the coders for the forum deleted their own account, and thus every thread they ever touched is now broken, is my understanding of it.

If it's been addressed by the current staff, no clue. Only fix currently is to make a new thread.

Oh right, Zen Death Robot's posts got deleted from the database for whatever reason. (Apparently it was just a technical screwup. He's still around.) The threads he posted in are the ones acting really strange.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Let's just ban him.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

If someone's willing to take up the task of posting a new thread, you can co-ordinate with a mod like Videogames to have this thread closed and a link to the new thread posted.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

This thread could really use some improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance the user experience

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

At the risk of my post being eaten; is there a way to make SNES9x 2010 use the Wii U Pro Controller?

EDIT: I figured it out in the options. Except there doesn't seem to be a way to save configurations and also attempting to do save states freezes the Wii U. This emulator sucks.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 18, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OP PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AND SOMEONE MAKE A NEW ONE I CANT TAKE THIS ANY MORE

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Go make a new one. Be the change.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I wouldn't count on the OP, who's only posted 9 times on SA this year, and hasn't posted in this thread in close to 2 years.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Probably can just start an OP with links to 3ds.guide and wiiu.guide at this point.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

dont be mean to me posted:

Probably can just start an OP with links to 3ds.guide and wiiu.guide at this point.

Might as well add hakchi too. that's pretty much everything.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Aside from directing to the .guide sites, and updating regarding the 3DS firmware, what else needs to be updated? should we include Switch hacking info as well?

Edit: Even more important, what's the new thread title gonna be? I suggest "Nintendo Homebrew MegaThread: Don't hardware sign your encryption!"

RedMagus fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 18, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I made a thing: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837908&perpage=40

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RedMagus posted:

Aside from directing to the .guide sites, and updating regarding the 3DS firmware, what else needs to be updated? should we include Switch hacking info as well?

There's not much to say about Switch hacking yet. It might be worth noting that 3.0.1 fixed the preliminary exploit that's been found, and advise staying on 3.0.0 or earlier until absolutely necessary.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

At the risk of my post being eaten; is there a way to make SNES9x 2010 use the Wii U Pro Controller?

EDIT: I figured it out in the options. Except there doesn't seem to be a way to save configurations and also attempting to do save states freezes the Wii U. This emulator sucks.

Sounds like user error. Configuration gets auto saved by default, save states worked as expected when I tried it last week. Are you running the latest stable?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I guess we have to keep posting blindly until the thread un-breaks again? :thunk:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Throwing a post into the void to unbreak the thread..

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Have I entered the dark Net? Where no man can walk?

• Locked thread