Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
kid is almost done with college

the struggle is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

go3 posted:

kid is almost done with college

So are you preparing his room for him to move back in? Or is there a basement apartment ready?

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
The room likely never got changed, because his wife was too sentimental about the whole idea of her baby moving out, and come visit anytime, we left your room just the way it was!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So the male milspouses are either brain damaged or gay? What about husbands of officers?

How rare is it for an enlisted guy to be married to a woman who is an officer?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Panfilo posted:

I've known two.

They're both divorced now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I've known two.

They're both divorced now.

I've known one. They were fine when I left, no idea now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've never known one who wasn't military or prior.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Panfilo posted:

So the male milspouses are either brain damaged or gay? What about husbands of officers?

I've known one, he enlisted while she was in college and then she went to OCS.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Buddy of mine who got out about 8 years ago as an E-4 just got married to a AF Reserve O-4, but she's a doctor that he met while going to school to get his Masters in Bio Chem

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Panfilo posted:

My brother was an enlisted army reservist Chinook crew chief and he married an air force reserve flight nurse. She became an officer right around the same time he finished his IRR time.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
NBC section heads in my reserve unit were a married 0-3 and a e-8.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Syrian Lannister posted:

NBC section heads in my reserve unit were a married 0-3 and a e-8.

we had a guard e-7 married to a guard o-4

they were weird

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
On the flip side, I worked with an male AF O3 who was married to an female AF E4 reservist. He actually had to route paperwork to keep things kosher with Big Air Force...they're still married and a very cool/normal couple.

On FIRSTSHIP there was a Chief who married a PO3 the day after he detached from the ship (she was still onboard)....kinda shady.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

we had a guard e-7 married to a guard o-4

they were weird

Hey I know a couple just like that, but they're both out and I don't think they were mega creepy...

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, I know a former Army E-4 who's now a therapist and she's married to an active duty Major that serves as a linguist for a intel unit. They met while she was in college working as a stripper a few months after getting out

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, I know a former Army E-4 who's now a therapist and she's married to an active duty Major that serves as a linguist for a intel unit. They met while she was in college working as a stripper a few months after getting out

Are most of her clients strippers? The more I think about it the less I think advice from someone who went Enlisted -> Stripper -> Therapist should be heeded

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 30, 2016

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I have so many questions..

What kind of therapist? Like... The one I have to talk to once a week so I don't blow my brains out? Or my psychologist?

Edit: or a physical therapist?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

What kind of therapist? Like... The one I have to talk to once a week so I don't blow my brains out? Or my psychologist?

massage

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

What's the most dependa job that a wife can get? If I get to TBS I was hoping she'd get a job doing something like cashier at AAFES or, if she's lucky, some kind of secretary job at DEERS or whatnot.

note: this will be in addition of her FRG presidency

dstyle
Jul 24, 2006
mary kay?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

She was a parole officer until 2 years ago. Now she works for an office that gets homeless people in to counseling and rehab. She's actually pretty good at it. When I asked her why she SAS stripping even though she had the gi bill, her answer was "showing tits for a few hours paid more than a month of BAH in Nashville"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Professional photographer

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Cashier for AAFES only really works as a stereotype if she's asian

I'm going with MLM for most stereotypical, although professional photographer is a close second

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Professional photographer

Ths or Etscy/Scentsy whatever person.

I loving HATE spouse "professional photographers." Bitch you shoot on auto and add this garish watermark and oh let's selective color! That's popular right!? Rule of thirds? HAHAHAHA!

gently caress!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

iyaayas01 posted:

Cashier for AAFES only really works as a stereotype if she's asian

I'm going with MLM for most stereotypical, although professional photographer is a close second

Oh yeah, the memories of living on post are coming back to me.

And the morning commissary baggers were all korean

Source: bagged groceries at ft. leavenworth

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I wouldn't know what Pampered Chef or Shakeology are, if not for spouses.

gently caress pyramid schemes. And the people who buy into them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

dstyle posted:

mary kay?

essential oils

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Arc Light posted:

I wouldn't know what Pampered Chef or Shakeology are, if not for spouses.

gently caress pyramid schemes. And the people who buy into them.

loving ItWorks! Is Godamn huge here in the south, and they're not even mil spouses. But they sure as poo poo all weigh 250+ and have no jobs, just trying to hock a stupid "get slim quick" thing. Being fat and selling weight loss poo poo, yep they're gonna get rich for sure

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

MurderBot posted:

Oh yeah, the memories of living on post are coming back to me.

And the morning commissary baggers were all korean

Source: bagged groceries at ft. leavenworth

Asian American Female Employment Service

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

iyaayas01 posted:

Asian American Female Employment Service

So I guess AAFES = Korean and NEX = Filipina?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

MurderBot posted:

What's the most dependa job that a wife can get? If I get to TBS I was hoping she'd get a job doing something like cashier at AAFES or, if she's lucky, some kind of secretary job at DEERS or whatnot.

note: this will be in addition of her FRG presidency

Starbucks on post, bonus points if her spouse is an officer

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Stultus Maximus posted:

So I guess AAFES = Korean and NEX = Filipina?

nah AAFES is mostly Filipina too...most of the juicies in Korea are Filipina "entertainers"

There's some Koreans and Japanese from the "actually met a normal lady off base and married her" crowd, but the vast majority are Filipina because they met in a juice bar, the servicemember "bought out her contract" engaged in human trafficking and now he's supporting her entire family

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

iyaayas01 posted:

nah AAFES is mostly Filipina too...most of the juicies in Korea are Filipina "entertainers"

There's some Koreans and Japanese from the "actually met a normal lady off base and married her" crowd, but the vast majority are Filipina because they met in a juice bar, the servicemember "bought out her contract" engaged in human trafficking and now he's supporting her entire family

The most honest form of love tbh

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Booblord Zagats posted:

She was a parole officer until 2 years ago. Now she works for an office that gets homeless people in to counseling and rehab. She's actually pretty good at it. When I asked her why she SAS stripping even though she had the gi bill, her answer was "showing tits for a few hours paid more than a month of BAH in Nashville"

Welp.

You couldn't at least lie to me and make up an awesome story about her being a rebranded hooker?

No?

Kinda a dick move don't you think...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I can show off my tits too.

Aint noone payin though. No market for moobs.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I got moobs too.

:(

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 3, 2016

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Proto Dependas realizing they won't make any money stripping. Better get on Etsy and break out the crafts, fellas.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Welp.

You couldn't at least lie to me and make up an awesome story about her being a rebranded hooker?

No?

Kinda a dick move don't you think...

Her stripping stories are nuts, fwiw. She worked at a pretty upscale club and has a story about getting a pretty big deal county music producer kicked out of said club for trying to finger her rear end in a top hat during a private dance.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

Booblord Zagats posted:

Her stripping stories are nuts, fwiw. She worked at a pretty upscale club and has a story about getting a pretty big deal county music producer kicked out of said club for trying to finger her rear end in a top hat during a private dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Strippers make some pretty cool friends. Almost always have drugs, and just in general pretty nice and cool. At least the ones I knew. And to be fair I met them, then found out they were a stripper.

• Locked thread