Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've seen llamas used as shepherds for sheep here in the Pacific Northwest. Apparently they're really good at it, particularly females and gelded males.

Wikipedia posted:

Research suggests the use of multiple guard llamas is not as effective as one. Multiple males tend to bond with one another, rather than with the livestock, and may ignore the flock. A gelded male of two years of age bonds closely with its new charges and is instinctively very effective in preventing predation. Some llamas appear to bond more quickly to sheep or goats if they are introduced just prior to lambing. Many sheep and goat producers indicate a special bond quickly develops between lambs and their guard llama and the llama is particularly protective of the lambs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guard_llama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MM&O has been a staple of the CCCC webcomics thread.

loving Werewolf Jones.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've been pondering things to suggest doing with your flock of useless llamas, but I haven't come up with much yet. Dressing them up is probably easier said than done, and painting them is probably impractical. Still working on it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Isaac posted:

The other morning one of the little goats bit me right on the butt

I think that means you're married now.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wendigee posted:

I'm sorry... Are dwarf alpacas real because just fill your farm with those

I think those are actually sheep.

Search on "Miniature Babydoll Southdown Sheep" and you find very similar-looking cuteness.

• Locked thread