Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
good to see

NSW North Coast here

http://www.cqpoultryclub.com/

There's a contact for those Seebrights. Breeders are a funny lot....youll like the descriptive language there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
This thread is going to go good places.

Australian rural life is cool and fun and usually done on the cheap.

Gonna trawl through the files and find cool pics.

Mostly birds, roos and postie bike racing.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I just bought one of these.
Everyone should read MM&O

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

Looks familiar what is it

Megg, Mogg and Owl an Australian comic.

I buy his stuff because he makes a living being very funny and poignant.
There's a tumblr called Girl Mountain

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Now in Polish

Illustration = plot of MM&O

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

I think i lived in that house

We all did.

It's someones turn to put on a brew and someone else's to mull up.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

The one where he puts cinnamon on her rear end in a top hat is good.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
It's really hot and I want to go to the beach but the sea lice are really bad.

All the tourists look like plague victims, covered in welts.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
The dole used to be a livable allowance in the bush as long as you were prepared to make a few allowances and compromises.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Cows love music

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Nice cool change wrecking everyone's poo poo.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

I was in a hurry today maybe later in the week i can try and charm an alpaca. I wonder what their favourite thing to eat is.

My dad used to live at this place where the next paddock was full of cows and there was an orange tree on the fence line.

Cows learned that they loved oranges and would all swarm from the far side of the paddock if yiu held one in the air. A cow eating an orange is also one of the funniest things ive ever seen so i spent lots of time feeding them oranges.

Its definitely a learned behaviour cause no other cow ive tried to give an orange to wanted to go near it.

Cow with a rockmelon is funny.
When they get something really tasty they roll their eyes with approval like Homer Simpson.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Do cows eat eggs?

Is this a bad idea?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Microwaves Mom posted:

This thread is suffering from an extreme lack of animals.

I am here to help. Looking to photodump all night and go through the archives.

Look at this magnificent bastard. Belongs on a coin or a coat of arms

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Everyone/everything was shutdown yesterday with the heat. This morning I'm in Fuzzy pants with the leccy banket on 1.

Here's a hot, snoozy roo

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I'll find a few wallabies in a minute. Redneck swamp wallabys can get pretty dark.

Shirl is a bit disturbed as Ringo has choofed off to go clucky under a bush somewhere and she is all alone. I had to confiscate her egg stash as she wasn't feeding/drinking in the heat...she resented that but is coming good today

We are getting her some company next week if Ringo goes MIA and doesnt come back..

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Microwaves Mom posted:

Do you work with roos?

No, just live with them and my wife is a park ranger.

If you create a safe place for them (no dogs, loud noises, plenty of shade, water and feed) they tend to stick around .

We don't feed or interact with them and keep a bit of distance. They become pesty and dangerous if you start any of that.

At the moment there are 3 main groups in our yard that co-exist. They are:

Alpha Bloke: current biggest, toughest male.

Mum and the kids: a doe with a joey at foot and her next oldest who is still dependent on mums direction.

A mob of young, horny up and coming males: 2,3 or 4 developing males with no chance of toppling the Big Fella.

Eventually the doe will come on heat and this will bring a few alphas into the yard: things get very toey and a bit dangerous as this is when the fighting starts and the big guys get really intimidating.

Heres one of the younger males having a sniff: Shes slowly coming on heat and things are starting to get interesting. Kangas have weird, prehensile dicks, which you kind of need when your balls are in front of your dick. Not a pleasant sight.

Carlos Lantana fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 15, 2016

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Microwaves Mom posted:

I hope ringo is okay :ohdear:

Yeah. We had 5 and lost 3 to a fox or quoll and then Ringo got chased by the brainless Coolie next door. They are both a little traumatised. I worry that Ringo may have been taken by a python or a cat whilst clucky....they just sit there acting like dinner.

Here's Shirl under the fig tree being clucky

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

I got a proper day off tommoroa im gonna work on getting some sebrights. I want some asap

Get the Seebrights....they have been the best pets ever. The roosters are hilariously twinky and effeminate looking but are tough and fearless.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Silver Seebright rooster

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
We had to remove a couple of dumped buns from the campground the other day....they were chill and easygoing and are now being loved up by a couple of little kids in their new home.

There was a rooster colony down at the beach for a while where all the local unwanted roosters got dumped. I don't think things turned out quite so well for them. They were awesome and used to come out of the bush to hang around and chat.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I've got a clockspider living under the windscreen wiper housing at the moment that has appeared twice as we were getting out of the car and giving us the willies. I nearly got him off last night but he managed to scuttle up under the wheel arch....he is huge and fast and hideous.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

Apparently someine nearby breed silversm i hadnt seen ine until this oic. Handsome birds but i want the golden

check them both...I found the goldens more mellow but the silvers slightly more stunning....very beautiful contrast between back/white.

Whites tended to bully the browns....fancy that.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

Wjat breed is that. Maybe its a wierd andgle but that's an odd lookin rabbit

dunno...they were def. domestic very meek and easy to handle

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
different angle

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Local Council going for cheap laughs.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Kookas

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Didn't think I had a donk pic but one turned up. I went back to this place i lived as a youngen and there they were.

Up Nimbin way so theyre probably mushied out knowing that particular paddock

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Hard to see but this is a Glossy Black Cockatoo which are our local big cockies.

We get them camping in the big scribbly from april to september

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I wish I'd done a better job of capturing this but it was years ago with a 4mpixel canon at long range.

These are Brolgas the Australian native crane and they are exquisite.

Aboriginal local legend is they are the sister of a slain warrior and she has painted her face with his blood

These two are about to get it on and are dancing romantically

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Tin roo at Silverton, home of the Road Warrior

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I haqve more donkey pics than 1st thought

These two were hassling tourists for change and sandwitches at Silverton

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
The Owl Barn outside of Broken Hill was run by this crazy old bushpig and was full of owl stuff we werent allowed to photograph.

I briefly considered stealing his stuffed Powerful owl but its nearly a metre tall.

So we hosed around with his owl masks while he took photos.

Sidenote, my wife saw 2 Powerful owl fledgelings the other week at the rainforest centre she works at. This is a pretty massive sight if your a twitcher. They are huge and awesome and I'm jealous as hell

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Enormous Silverton Hen

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I think this is a Blue Bonnet, just down the road from where Lord Humungous faceplanted that tanker (Umberumburka Reservoir)

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Common Australian Tyreswan in it's native habitat, a pile of rusty old poo poo.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Colin (Llama) and Shorty (ancient shetland)
See that mound in the background? That's where Colin spent the majority of his time playing King poo poo of Turd Mountain. It's about a foot and a half high. He thought he was so cool. Wish i had a pic.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Satin Bowerbird Blue Mountains.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Diamond Python? hunting birds. I suspect this was the guy that got a few of our hens. he got relocated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Giraffe with a lumpy head.

If you have the cash, go to the overnight stay at Western Plains Zoo....all sorts of behind the scenes stuff like tigers eating ostritch eggs and watching African Wild Dogs rip carcasses to shreds

• Locked thread