Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

put on some teenage wildlife while crying yourself to sleep

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

in retrospect, black star is pretty clearly a death rite for himself. watched it last night and it was pretty profound in light of his death. rip bowie.

it's an incredibly good album and i hope it gets album of the year next year because it was already a contender before he died imo.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i bought the clear vinyl for $30 about 4 days before the album's release and they're now selling for $500 on ebay

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

69 isn't even that old. it just seems old because he'd been making music for 50+ years and did a shitload of coke

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's still incredibly sad, but if you can look at the bright side of it, his death was peak Art and what Tony Visconti wrote is about as good as anyone could put it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

imagine the loving balls you would need that when posed with an 18-24 month death sentence that you:

- record one of your greatest pieces of work
- make two music videos which are both lyrically cryptic upon initial release
- write a musical and attend the opening as if everything's fine
- look dapper as gently caress in photos on your birthday/the day of the album's release
- die two days after the album's release, giving an entirely new meaning to the lyrics, as well as it being on a sunday while the main lyric on one of the songs on the album are "where the gently caress did monday go?"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

brass loving balls my friends. rip you beautiful star man

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's really good and should be awarded album of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

qntm posted:

are you serious