Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Lol just looked at the picture in the op and one of the guys super power must be homelessness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No wonder they all want to kill themselves, there's only one chick.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
it's gonna be bad

but will it be funny-bad or boring-bad

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
this juggalo movie looks bad sorry

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Someone post the "Jared Leto is too into character" quotes. Those are funny.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
We could live in a world without comic book movies. All they have to do is stop making them.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hot Topic: The Motion Picture

This movie is going to be poo poo, poo poo, shittity poo poo, unlike this post.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

AKA Pseudonym posted:

We could live in a world without comic book movies. All they have to do is stop making them.

why do you hate capitalism?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm just happy to see Katana :unsmith:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Comic book movies are good and they should keep making them. In fact they should make even more of them. Heavy fines should be levied against studios for every movie non-comic book movie they make.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pththya-lyi posted:

Holy poo poo, is the ninja really named katana?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

He picked that lovely movie over independence day 2. No wonder his son models girl clothes.

He didn't pick it over ID2, he wanted 50 million and they told him to go gently caress himself and killed off his character.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
oh yeah thats right i forgot. the thing that makes harley quinn and the jhoker cool isnt the fact that they are maniacal psychopaths. its actually because they have lots of tattoos, and listen to angry music, and are super angsty

they're cool cause they tell everyone how crazy and damaged they are and brag about it 2 all of their other bad guy friends, and also wear eyeliner

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
at the very least I will enjoy watching RLM pick it apart because they cannot resist bad comic book movies

why is DC's movie output such trash compared to Marvel dang

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

oh yeah thats right i forgot. the thing that makes harley quinn and the jhoker cool isnt the fact that they are maniacal psychopaths. its actually because they have lots of tattoos, and listen to angry music, and are super angsty

they're cool cause they tell everyone how crazy and damaged they are and brag about it 2 all of their other bad guy friends, and also wear eyeliner

so juggalos

Monkey Fracas posted:

at the very least I will enjoy watching RLM pick it apart because they cannot resist bad comic book movies

if rlm produced daily content i would never visit any other site but theirs on the internet

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

Marvel was smart enough to make sure their comic writers go nowhere near any of their films.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i feel like its more emo than juggalo, although it is clown makeup so hmmm

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

I didn't know this was cross promotional with Mortal Kombat.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
that superman vs batman movie looks like it's really gonna suck poo poo too

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Anne Hathaway is Harley Quinn? lol that's gonna be even worse than her as Catwoman

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

That looks like poo poo for retards

The cooties movie YouTube suggested after that looks pretty funny though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvD-LZghP3o

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yes. Even wonder woman's massive amazonian rack will not save it.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Does the DC universes not have showers?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Suicide squad thinks a bee gees cover is a cool song to introduce their action movie

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Don Tacorleone posted:

Suicide squad thinks a bee gees cover is a cool song to introduce their action movie

Would have worked if it was "Staying alive"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3hecGO_04

Can we have a frank and honest discussion about what hot loving garbage this is going to be

This looks like the best superhero movie of 1996.

Is this Will Smith's follow-up to Independence Day?

Monkey Fracas posted:

So, so much poo poo

But I don't know there's a part of the internet who worships Superman and thought that last piece of poo poo was a good movie so..

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Marvel was smart enough to make sure their comic writers go nowhere near any of their films.

That's not true, Whedon wrote The Avengers for a long time for example.

Marvel spent years and planned their whole release schedule out for years in advance, while DC seems to be creating bullshit screaming "ME TOOOOO GIVE US SOME OF THAT MONNNEYYY" and little else. As evidenced by the fact they're dumping like 20 characters in Superman Vs Batman instead of making a Superman vs Batman movie, and expect people to lose their poo poo over a stupid looking Wonder Woman showing up in the trailer.

They want the rewards of the shared universe without paying any of the setup price, or taking the time to do it, and it suuuucks. They think "setting up characters" is hurling them into an action sequence in a movie that's not about them. Meanwhile Marvel has very carefully setup it's cast and supporting cast with movies that focus on just a few at a time.

Hell, now I hear they're dumping more villains into Superman vs Batman including Doomsday and... did they read the title? Superman vs Batman? Yeah. The first Captain America movie didn't spend all of it's time with the cast from Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, and Thor. Because it was a loving Captain America launch movie. They worked that stuff in later. DC isn't willing to do that and it's all cheap knock-off poo poo.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 11, 2016

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
Does Will Smith say gently caress, if not then this movie will suck balls.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

Yes. Even wonder woman's massive amazonian rack will not save it.

Not even Power Girl's could.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
this film is gonna be good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
is what an idiot thinks

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

marvel stole all the talent and dc seems to be afraid of using anything but their platinum-list properties for very very risk adverse films

the idea that comic book movies can be good is a very new thing though, like 7 years ago people were shocked that iron man was successful. marvel figured out a formula and are abusing the everyloving poo poo out of it and DC is basically just crying in the corner because they've been trying to do the same for years but they keep making loving superman movies and poo poo batman adaptations

the iron man movie was like wrought with people being like 'lol seriously an iron man movie? its gonna flop' and it was literally in production for a decade and come to find out it was one of the best movies of 2008. mavel saw dollar signs and well thats why loving everything in the MARVEL EXTENDED CINEMATIC UNIVERSE looks like the iron man movie.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the iron man movie was like wrought with people being like 'lol seriously an iron man movie? its gonna flop' and it was literally in production for a decade and come to find out it was one of the best movies of 2008. mavel saw dollar signs and well thats why loving everything in the MARVEL EXTENDED CINEMATIC UNIVERSE looks like the iron man movie.

Unfortunate truth: Both of their netflix series so far have been better than the last few movies by bounds.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

marvel stole all the talent and dc seems to be afraid of using anything but their platinum-list properties for very very risk adverse films

the idea that comic book movies can be good is a very new thing though, like 7 years ago people were shocked that iron man was successful. marvel figured out a formula and are abusing the everyloving poo poo out of it and DC is basically just crying in the corner because they've been trying to do the same for years but they keep making loving superman movies and poo poo batman adaptations

tbf Iron Man was p. good.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
all super hero movies are dumb and made for children

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Don Tacorleone posted:

That looks like poo poo for retards

The cooties movie YouTube suggested after that looks pretty funny though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvD-LZghP3o

GBS Poster spotted at 1:46

Like I know DC isn't running with a coherent strategy like Marvel/Disney is but it really is amazing how consistently loving bad their output has been recently

Like find a director like you did for the Nolan Batman films to make a movie for you that... isn't poo poo

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
daredevil is way way too good for netflix

its still pretty cheesy and the fight scenes arent like amazing or anything but it doesn't come off as low effort garbage for children like SHIELD does but i mean gently caress thats on ABC family its not even a far cry to compare it to the disney channel

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am looking forward to the second season of Netflix Daredevil

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i would watch it if it were a documentary starring his retard son.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

The formula has been so successful that Sony Pictures, who own the rights to Spiderman, begged to get Peter Parker in the next Captain America movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

captain boomerang's power is he is good at boomerangs

• Locked thread